It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adware infection through ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just so you know up front, anything by IOBit is junkware, and is likely to cause more problems than it fixes. Research it, and/or ask any good technician. Some refer to it as foolware.

Secondly, the reason the infections keep coming back when you reinstall Firefox is, because you've never cleaned FF completely out of your system. Use a program like Revo to completely remove it, or manually delete all the leftover files.

Ccleaner and malwarebytes are two completely different programs. Ccleaner cleans out junkfiles, and cleans extraneous registry entries safely(I emphasize safely). Unlike other so-called registry cleaners. Malwarebytes is made for adware, spyware, malware. You might try running a little program called ADWcleaner. It runs from a single executable, and leaves a minimal footprint. A lot of techs use it. Myself being one of them. Hitman Pro is another good one, and will allow you to use it for 30 days free with a trial activation. You can scan first, and if you find nothing, don't activate it. Just delete it.

Lastly, remember that gaming, recipe, and coupon websites are notorious for malware. I have used Firefox since its inception, and have had less problems with it, than any of the other three browsers I use. Especially IE. But if you like IE, you might consider using a tracking protection list

Good luck.
edit on 12/6/2014 by Klassified because: add

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
yes sir, I have a terabyte back up and use it all the time. I also keep an update of Hirens bootable cd for emergencies ...

Once had the black screen of death but I was able to boot it with Hirens CD and got all my files but still couldn't repair it ..... ......

a reply to: Mandroid7

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Thank You, I'll try this tomorrow

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I know this is likely obvious to you, but for anyone else out there, never trust a pop up to update flash or java. Sure, you may be 100% sure that it is actually coming from Adobe/Oracle, but why take the risk when you can manually install from their sites with a couple of clicks?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: fnpmitchreturns
HI, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox several times but always get re-infected ... The only place online that I have ever had that issue is Pogo .... I can surf all day watch movies and browse at will until I get into Pogo ....

a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Do you use adblock? I am going to go play on pogo later to see how effective my protection is, will let you know. Why not just download all those games and not deal with pogo at all?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join