It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Marchers Challenged With Fried Chicken & Watermelon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jainine
I watched the video.

It was two young adult guys standing next to a sports car with a southern rebel flag. One had a white pillow case over his face (or something).

It's just two (probably drunk) idiots.
It was one box of chicken. One watermelon. One beer.

This comes from RAW story so it's no surprise it isn't being reported accurately.
These two drunk racist idiots don't exactly represent the mindset of America.

Funny in way. They probably had more 'forties' of beer inside their bodies that what they put on the street.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Black racists, say hello to the White racists... Every action has an equal or opposing reaction, so there's always that...
edit on 610America/Chicagoam31America/Chicago065 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I don't think that the actions of a few really stupid racists counts as "so many people".

It's a sticky situation though, giving their offensiveness airtime feeds the divide, but ignoring it means people won't know these types of people still exist.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Lil Drummerboy
And you pinning racism on us hillbillies is soooo much better.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Race issues would die out if people would not get offended. Who cares? If some one was offering me an Indian Taco with the intent of insult, I would smile, take the offer, and not give them the satisfaction of getting upset. Maybe I have a unique view point watching folks of color fighting folks of light skin tone. But what voice do I have. Whites almost killed off my entire ancestry, gave us Oklahoma, then took that back away. Just saying we should ignore bullies and deny ignorance.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Offensive. Why do people have to be so offensive.

Follow the Golden Rule. Start having some compassion and start being nice to each other. Understand that there is a valid reason behind the peaceful protests and have some compassion. Compassion and good manners...that stuff is free and goes a long way.

Stop listening to hateful, whinny people on the tv and radio as well. That would go a long way.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MikhailBakunin

Jokes are all about timing and this joke so called joke lacks timing, along with compassion.

The agenda here is funny to the racists but not meant to make the protesters laugh. It's meant to be racist.
edit on 6-12-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lil Drummerboy
not an attack just a reply to the situation.

You specifically said to me (not to the thread, in general or to the "situation"), "Dont blame the entire caucasion race for a few hillbillies that wont let go of racisim." You said that TO ME.

No one has implied that this is the mindset of America, the way all white people feel, or anything like that, yet, when it's pointed out, SO MANY PEOPLE go on the defensive. Don't take it so personally. If I'm not talking about you, I'm not talking about you.

originally posted by: sdubya
I don't think that the actions of a few really stupid racists counts as "so many people".

These specific actions don't, but there were a lot more in these two small towns than was in that one video. There are PLENTY of sick, racist people JUST LIKE THIS across this country. All you have to do is read. I stand by my statement. So many people complain that the death of Mike Brown wasn't about race, but then they go for the most racist display they can think of. There's a LOT of it to see. There's a LOT of this going on besides this one incident in these two small towns. There were people carrying signs saying, "Go back to work" and so on. People yelling obscenities, N-word, etc. I've been reading about it.

It's a sticky situation though, giving their offensiveness airtime feeds the divide, but ignoring it means people won't know these types of people still exist.

BS. If you don't know these people exist in LARGE numbers, you've most likely got you head in the sand. Ignoring it doesn't mean it doesn't exist!

To be clear, they're ALL exercising their first first amendment rights. It's legal in this country to be racist.
edit on 12/6/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ttropia

What voice do you have?

You have a powerful voice. I know because I read your post. I hope a lot of people read it and understand.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
No doubt these people were idiots. Bigots always want to "show their ass" when given half a chance.

My problem with this is it was just last month that "fried chicken" was by no stretch of the imagination racist. When Michelle Obama told a predominantly African American audience to reward themselves with fried chicken after voting, that wasn't racist (and to claim it was drew the inevitable cry of "racist"). Now, a month later and fried chicken is racist again.

The double standard you people hold for the royal family is painful to watch. I know the canned responses I will receive and even who will post them, so fire away.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I do live in one of the most Red neck Hill Billy part of the US. When I hang out in the barn in a pasture playing pool listening to a few color jokes, the occasional black guy will show up and party. A Hillbilly might say "Did you here the one about that black guy..." We all laugh. The Black guy will counter with "Did you hear the one about the Red neck...." Every one laughs again then we offer our new comer a beer and let him know its his time to rack the pool table. Great times! I haven't meet the true haters and think it is a trumpet up false hood that hillbillies hate black folk.

Just my experience.

One of our best friends is a 50 year old 300lb 6.5 gay as a 3 dollar bill black man. Not bad for a bunch of black hating, gay hating, rebel flab flying toothless haters. huh? He is also a Ford mechanic (the only part that makes us question him... LOL)
edit on 6-12-2014 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
No doubt these people were idiots. Bigots always want to "show their ass" when given half a chance.

My problem with this is it was just last month that "fried chicken" was by no stretch of the imagination racist. When Michelle Obama told a predominantly African American audience to reward themselves with fried chicken after voting, that wasn't racist (and to claim it was drew the inevitable cry of "racist"). Now, a month later and fried chicken is racist again.

The double standard you people hold for the royal family is painful to watch. I know the canned responses I will receive and even who will post them, so fire away.

So you don't know the difference between an insult or not?

"Fried Chicken" in this instance WAS meant as an insult. The word by itself is not an insult. Do you see the difference?

If I go into a store and ask the clerk where the crackers are, that's not an insult. But If I go into a country town and find a group of farmers in overalls and yell "You Crackers!" at them, that's an insult. Same word.

Many words in the english language are that way. If you want we can have a conversation about how words can have multiple meanings and how when directed at others they can be insults. You must be really young and still in high school if you haven't learned that yet, or maybe english is your second language.

Also, Ferguson is in the USA,, that's north America. We don't have a Royal Family here. England does and a few other countries. I can give you a geography lesson as well. yeah?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Don't taunt them! They might get angry, start a riot and destroy their own neighborhood. No wait, they're probably not stupid enough to do that!
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

LMAO

butthurt much?

I don't need any lessons at all. Like I said in my post, I know what excuses you would use already

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

LMAO

butthurt much?

I don't need any lessons at all. Like I said in my post, I know what excuses you would use already

the offer for lessons still stands. you must be in europe?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Yep

Detroit, MI. Little town outside Paris. Not sure I'd want lesson from you but thanks.

What I get from you is simply what's good for the goose is simply not good for the gander.

Various standards for individuals/groups/classes is what led to many of the issues we are dealing with (in an entirely slip shod manner) today. Continuing the process isn't going to help.

"one upping" between protesters and counter protesters is only going to exacerbate the situation. It really doesn't help anyone's cause to shed light on the situation. No I'm not defending this A-holes in any form or fashion. What this does is adds fuel to the fire. Keep adding on and adding on. Soon it's not idiots with stupid internet memes or displays on the road. It's packs of teens with hammers in St Louis or a pick up truck full of rednecks in Amarillo. Night after night, retaliation after retaliation. Fires get out of control fast.

Eye for an eye can make us all blind.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yet shaboom shabezz can openly say "We got to kill us some cracker babies."and intimidate voters with a night stick and nothing is said in the mainstream media? This could well be a false flag put on by someone just to stir the pot, and I think it is. But on the other hand if you are going to act like animals and burn down your own neighborhood over a thug killed in action, then one shojld expect to be treated as such.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yep

Detroit, MI. Little town outside Paris. Not sure I'd want lesson from you but thanks.

What I get from you is simply what's good for the goose is simply not good for the gander.

Various standards for individuals/groups/classes is what led to many of the issues we are dealing with (in an entirely slip shod manner) today. Continuing the process isn't going to help.

"one upping" between protesters and counter protesters is only going to exacerbate the situation. It really doesn't help anyone's cause to shed light on the situation. No I'm not defending this A-holes in any form or fashion. What this does is adds fuel to the fire. Keep adding on and adding on. Soon it's not idiots with stupid internet memes or displays on the road. It's packs of teens with hammers in St Louis or a pick up truck full of rednecks in Amarillo. Night after night, retaliation after retaliation. Fires get out of control fast.

Eye for an eye can make us all blind.

I never said eye for an eye. You implied that fried chicken was a good word one week and bad the next. Not seeming to understand that it can be used as a insult, just as many words and phrases in our language are perfectly fine but can also be used for an insult. You must understand that? Fried chicken, Watermelon, Cracker, slow, retarded, etc. In this instance it was intended for an insult, the presidents wife, didn't intend it as an insult. That's the difference.

Second lesson, you implied that we live under a royal family. That's why I mentioned you must be in Europe. We have a President, congress and supreme court that is our government in the United States. Yes?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Looks like a set up.

They do anything to keep it going.

And the video is Soooooo dramatic.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
They say there are no atheists in foxholes, I would add that there are no racists in foxholes either.
When you are depending on the guy next to you to CYA and maybe even save your life you don`t care what color he is,how much money he has, or what his sexual orientation is.

Maybe there wouldn`t be so much racism if people actually knew a little more about the people they are depending on to keep them alive.
If you knew that the food you are eating was grown by a black farmer would you still be racist?
if knew that the guy who maintains the electric grid in your neighborhood is a muslim would you still be racist?

150 years ago people had to depend on their neighbors for a lot of things, but now everything just seems to magically appear in the stores and we never think about the people who make all that stuff possible.

The world has become too impersonal so it`s easy to hate people and dehumanize them based on their color,religous beliefs,etc.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join