It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where has all the water gone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Where has all the waterfront on the west coast? With all the drought madness and the"worst drought in 100 years" claims where truly has it gone.

Is it because Mother Nature is just evaporating it at a rate faster than ever vilifying the lefts claims to global warming? Seems unlikely due to a natural homeostasis associated with evaporation. However, could be.

Is it because of fracking and cracking the walls of aquifers nation wide causing a redirection of the natural water flow? Could be.

Is it because of the construction of large underground military or alien complexes redirecting the potable water to feed the needs of the occupants or even redirection due to the creation of underground bunkers to protect the elite during a global catastrophe providing yet again potable water? Could be.

Is it because of the increasing heat generated by the expandin caldera out west that is evaporating and steaming off the supply to the west coast aquifers? Could be.

What theory do you subscribe to or are there Ben more alternatives?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bkfd54

Where has all the water gone?

Right here, it's the blue stuff around the continents:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne
At least find us a truly undoctored & recent picture of the Earth, THEN we will see how much blue there is around the edges.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think it's in my basement. I've been shop vaccing it out all morning. I would be happy to return it if someone wants to come get it...a reply to: bkfd54

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I was just on the west coast. The water front is still there.

If you are referring to the inland reservoirs, I assume it is lack of rain and snow in the mountain ranges, combined with overdrawing by farms and large cities trying to look like they live in a more humid environment, rather than the semi-arid desert that California, from San Jose on down, really is.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The west coast of North America consists of more than California and portions of Oregon. Washington, BC, and Alaska have lots of water.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
250 TO 400 miles down would be MY guess, since theres so much they think.
edit on 6-12-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Despite all the thread derail, heres where it all goes in California, every year.

charts

Primarily agriculture and industry. Peoples pools, gardens or washing their car is not the problem. Its growing all the crops in the central valley to ship outside the state, especially water intense ones like cotton, rice, and alfalfa.

I live here, the BS about little people using to much is rampant.

I get a fine, the corporations get the water.

edit on 6-12-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

edit on 6-12-2014 by intrptr because: new link

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I haven't done the math yet but I hypothosize that the water is sitting in plastic and cardboard containers throughout the world in various shopping marts, convenience stores and warehouses. Think about it.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Nestlé

These people have all your water and most of the third worlds water supply.

Random article about how they shaft California aswell

Nestle Continues To Bottle Water In Drought-Crippled California
edit on 6-12-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Some have lent their support to one local water district’s unsuccessful attempts to revoke the Morongo tribe’s rights to the water supply,

who didn`t see that coming, we have shafted them on every other agreement we have ever made with them so why stop now.

I imagine this is how the meeting with the Morongo tribe is going to go:
" guys? I got some good news and some bad news for you, we wasted all our water so now we are going to steal yours, but the good news is that nestles will sell you all the water you want"

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: revswirl

I haven't done the math yet but I hypothosize that the water is sitting in plastic and cardboard containers throughout the world in various shopping marts, convenience stores and warehouses. Think about it.

Think about how Fracking helps cement in everyones mind that bottled water is "best".

Distilled water is, though.

link

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Vaporators can do that today.
www.elementfour.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Vaporators can do that today.
www.elementfour.com...

Not truly distilled though as it doesn't heat the water to steam and then condense it. If I got it correctly it only condenses ambient temperature water vapor, then filters and treats with ultraviolet.

Thats not as "pure" as distilled. Needs electricity, too. Still, better than tap and or bottled.

e xpedient variety of water distillers

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
distilled water has been striped of all it`s minerals so it isn`t really good for drinking on a regular basis.
most bottled water companies who use distilled water actually add minerals back into the water before they sell it for human consumption.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Good water holds germs and stuff. So we stay healthy individuals when we have to drink tap water some day.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

We think there Is an abundance of H2O Water on the Earth in all three possabiltys
Liqid Water
Gas steam clouds ect
Frozen /solid.

Compared to the mass of the Planet the Earths crust is thin this includes the sea beds,
The oceans all though covering three otrs of the Planets surface .
H2O Solid liquid an Gas makes up a minute amount of resourses on the earth.
The bulk of Earths Mass would be magma molten volcanic rock ,This would acount for a good 70 percent of our MASS next Would be molten iron 28 PERCENT trace elements gold copper qaertz .
Earths solid crust mix of rocks sandstone clays sand dust gravel swamps an ocean floor less than ten thousands percentge of Earths mass.

Same with H20 it makes up less than one percent of one percent of Earths mass .
But how much of Earth is water — how much water contributes to the actual mass of the planet? This includes not just the surface of the Earth, but inside as well. Scientists calculate that the total mass of the oceans on Earth is 1.35 x 1018 metric tonnes, which is 1/4400 the total mass of the Earth. In other words, while the oceans cover 71% of the Earth’s surface, they only account for 0.02% of our planet’s total mass.

The origin of water on the Earth’s surface, as well as the fact that it has more water than any other rocky planet in the Solar System, are two of long-standing mysteries concerning our planet.
We have all heard the myriad of differing theories an gettttttttting very Leeds United over Rosetas provideing us with data to test samples from the surface ect.
An this all seems unlikley due to the hop skip and jump landing on its side in some narrow crevice basicly sods law .
Could have landed anchors deployed safe landing.
That did not happen anchors grapples didnt fire so bounced up back in to space this along with the comets rotation .
Final landing was worse case scenario but look its a case of glass half full not long ago, it was believed that our planet formed dry some 4.6 billion years ago, with high-energy impacts creating a molten surface on the infant Earth. According to this theory, water was brought to the world’s oceans thanks to icy comets, trans-Neptunian objects or water-rich meteoroids (protoplanets) from the outer reaches of the main asteroid belt colliding with the Earth.

However, more recent research conducted by the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) in Woods Hole, Massachusetts, has pushed the date of these origins back further. According to this new study, the world’s oceans also date back 4.6 billion years, when all the worlds of the inner Solar System were still forming.

This conclusion was reached by examining meteorites thought to have formed at different times in the history of the Solar System. Carbonaceous chondrite, the oldest meteorites that have been dated to the very earliest days of the Solar System, were found to have the same chemistry as those originating from protoplanets like Vesta. This includes a significance presence of water.

These meteorites are dated to the same epoch in which water was believed to have formed on Earth – some 11 million years after the formation of the Solar System. In short, it now appears that meteorites were depositing water on Earth in its earliest days.
Comets are descrbed as the remnant building matter that formed the proto rocky type inner plantioids by accreation.,
BILLIONS of years ago comets were huge dirty snowballs packed with ice carbons .

Enough snowballs acreating together will eventualy give you a planet with a a thick atmosphere with a high percentage of steam h20 mixed with sulphuric amonias acidics .
When it did fall an cool a liquid rain that fell would have dissolved rocks upon landing raising the toxity of an already toxic enviroment for life to try an develop in.
Those chemical stripping acid rains sure would have produces huge amounts of chemical reactions in thease early toxic soups.
And you know what chemical reactions produce an abundance off?

Thats right

ENERGY.
An you know what loves energy ?
BIOLIGICAL LIFE.

So much free energy going on not to be exploited we know the early life forms couldnt use photo synthises for energy .
No the first life forms used heat from volcanic vents an lived of the breakdown of chemicals the rich mineral soup prouduced around thease vents.

They were like oasis in the freezing stark deep early oceans Blacksmokers vented heat energy food an for a limited areas around it were perfect for colonys of differing life forms to frourish.
There are life forms today we name extremeaphiles beca use of there ability to live in what we consider a harsh enviroment.
But when early life evolved all early enviroments were extreme ,

Its like life will out were we see energy we see energy converters .
We are energy converters all life converts energys .
Plants use the energy store an convert the light photons .
The light the require though is at the lower spectrum only photons from red spectrum or yellow spectrum are reqired for maximum photoshthisise .
Higher Spectrum lights green spectrum are rejected .
Thats why most plants apear green.
Green light green energy plant do not absorb so they reject .deflect reflect the green bounce them back out to us
I know you think I deserve a degree in stateing the bleeding obvious.

How ever Plants only use a small portions of photons from the low specrum red an yellow an ignore all the high freqency wave length photons.
This may sound wastefull but like all life .
Plant life bean evolved deep in the ocean an utiliseing photo syhthisise in the early sea ..High freqenct light wouldnt reach penetrate radiate energy as deep as low spectrum low freqncy penetrates deeper.
So plants evolved early on useing only photons of a certain spectrum.
The other higher spectrum they didnt use iys photons to photoshnthise ,
How does a plant know wich is wich is wich so this link explains what they theorise the plant does ,
Reason I stated the blrrrdin obvious though was in link wich is interesting they tell you all about the discovery an how smart an ausome the plant is.
They dont explain why or its sygnificance ,Stateing only the plants ability to use quontom phycics is somehow other worldly?
When its perfect logic every thing in the micro sub atomic world of photons works an is described at 99,9 acccuracy useing quantom predicting.
So why be dumbfounded at plants use quantom antanglement.Grass has exploited humans in the macro world becomeing the dominant plant on the Planet.
We have been mesmerised an grass has made it self indisspensable to us.
All our favouraye food stuffs wheat corn barley derived from types of grass all our favourate beverages derived from grasses wheat barley rice is yet another type of grass,

Sports Golf football grass for leisure parks an gardens grass is amongst our favourate for loungeing on ,
So our relation ship is symbiotic we spread it wher ever we went,
Today we are destroying rainforrests to plant grass wheat crops raise cattle propagateing grass into an enviroment it could never have cultivated so quick an rapid with out our asssistance.
Plants exploit bees to polanate use birds to eat there seeds make them ready to plant .
Drop them miles away to spread an even have guano bird poo to feed an fertilise the growing tree.

So why be suprised that nature ubderstands quantom physcics

http:/

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: revswirl

I have had this very same thought over the years and have to add on that since we are about 70% water, the population explosion may account for another good portion of it. On top of the extra people holding water, take into account the extra infrastructure like plumbing and sewer /drains and so on and I can see water being tied up in various stages of use and not being returned directly to the ecosystem as another part of the answer.

edit on 7-12-2014 by evc1shop because: clarity

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
scienceline.ucsb.edu...

Link above...

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
a reply to: swanne
At least find us a truly undoctored & recent picture of the Earth, THEN we will see how much blue there is around the edges.

How about this:

www.ustream.tv...

And I'm curious, if you don't think there's blue water around the edges of continents, what do you think is there??

top topics

join