It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fourth Large Lottery Win - Will Authorities Start Getting Suspicious?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
OK, so I'm quite a lucky young human.

The first win was fairly small, but life-changing ( a 5 figure sum). That was in my home country. I remained anonymous.

The second win was abroad and was much larger - namely, seven figures after tax etc (approaching eight). It was in a country where you either go public or claim through some sort of "vehicle" to preserve anonymity, as it were. Obviously I claimed through such a vehicle in order to secure my privacy and hide my identity.

The third was much more sizeable (a concrete eight figure sum in my currency) and was back in 2013 in my home country. Suffice to say, it was so big that I was strongly (and constantly) coerced to go public. I resisted because the money was so large. Bear in mind that with my previous wins, I didn't tell anyone and still haven't - I haven't even touched any of the money, as I'm currently being most careful (it's all locked up, you see, until I increase in mental stature). (I'm very young, you see - disregard my first 20 posts which make me sound like a 93 year old man!, they were just so I could post this thread!). So I remained anonymous.

Now, much to my surprise and restrained excitement, I've won again (seven figures, this time in my home currency) and I intend to claim from the same lottery authorities within a few days.

The thing is, I haven't touched any of the money and I don't intend to for some time, because I'm still very young.

But I'm most worried because in my home country, when you remain anonymous, the only persons who know you've won apart from the lottery corp is the police and a section of the intelligence agencies of my home country.

If they see the vast amounts that I've won within the past year and a half (and the first win was over a year and a half ago), won't they get suspicious. I'm becoming quite paranoid, you see. I believe my communications are being monitored and my phone tapped.

Do you think the authorities would suspect something? That I know something? That I'm committing some sort of elaborate fraud? Or that I'm just lucky?

(On a side note - if you heard this story of a young man winning four times within the last year and a half, what would you think? Would you be suspicious?)

(On another side note, if you were to see me in public, I'd look fairly normal, possibly even poor - simply because I can't be sure who knows I've won so many times. What if some factions within the police and intelligence agencies go rogue and try to extort me through an elaborate scheme - it isn't so far-fetched, is it?)
edit on 6-12-2014 by Jack832c because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Jack832c

First things first...you lucky bastard, I hate you!

Secondly...can you lend me a fiver?

In all seriousness though I wouldn't worry if I were you. In fact, if I were you I would be writing this on my holographic tablet whilst lying in a hot tub full of money, sipping expensive whisky. But each to their own.

They will know as well as anyone that there is no way you could have rigged those lotteries or won in any underhand way at all.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Why are you still playing after winning so much money?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Strange story. Yeah, I'd be suspicious and curious of his method!

Also, kinda suspicious of this story in general, but hey, why not?

I would think certain people would be very keen on paying attention or investigating someone like that. But, some folks have won the really big numbers and that's how it goes.

If you HAVE done something to make it easy to win or are actually guilty somehow, then something like this could backfire. If you know you're innocent, then there's nothing they can do and you can hopefully breathe a little easier.

I have to say, I don't understand why you aren't touching the winnings at all. Here you are, with great amounts of currency being thrown at you and you're not doing anything with it.

I understand being frugal and waiting, but you can also be investing the money so that it can grow for you for when you're older. And then there's always a little charity if you feel strongly about helping that is better than it just being stagnant.

It's ok to have a little fun. You can't imagine how those winnings would change so many others lives if it were them who won. Oh the things I would do!

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I wouldn't worry about the authorities arresting you, I would worry about the authorities outing you. Then you would be exposed to the criminal mafia types who specialize in extortion. Good luck.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
If i were you, i would remain cautious, but i wouldn't worry.

If you are that concerned on Governmental knowledge about yourself, i think it would be a sound idea for you to file a freedom of information act (if your government allows it). It would also be a sound idea to maintain documents pertaining to your lottery wins and associated areas, just in case you ever need them.

Overall though, if you haven't done anything wrong, you shouldn't have much to worry about. Just maintain documented evidence, and keep going about life in a sensible and legal manner.
edit on 6-12-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

you should pm me some numbers that are floating in your head....

Just donate some of it to someone's campaign that is gonna win the next election and you'll be fine...then donate to some charity too and be public about it...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Bernard? Is that you? This story is a slight departure from your norm.

On Topic: If the authorities are really concerned. You'll know.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Not buying it...

I'm an odds guy.

That's like getting hit by lighting 5 times in 5 different states.

Not calling you a liar....well, yes I am.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Hate to call you out but I think you are lying and need attention.

Think I'm right?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Hate to call you out but I think you are lying and need attention.

Think I'm right?

If I won at those incredible odds.

The last thing I would do is hurry and get my 20 posts.

So, I could hurry up and tell a bunch of strangers.

Those odds are even more incredible than winning Lotto.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

So you are a young human, welcome to the race, the human race. Reach out to Warren Buffet, asking for some advice, you may become his next protege.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

The lottery people have seen it all. I read of a man years ago in Western Australia who won The Pools twice in six weeks. After the first win he stayed on in his job and used some of the money to pay off his house, if I recall correctly. When he won again, he decided to retire. (He was in his 50s or thereabouts.) And reading up on more recent cases, there was a man in Victoria (Australia) who won TattsLotto three times in 2008. (Viz this Article from TattsLotto for that one.)

It's just the way things go. Some people are simply luckier than others. And believe me, with the levels of security they have with the ticketing system and so on these days (due to previous fraud cases), they would have checked out each of your wins very carefully before paying out.

So, short answer: don't worry about it. It's incredibly unlikely that some in the know (eg police) would try extortion with you. After all, even with your winnings there are plenty of people around who are several orders of magnitude richer!

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yes I'd be suspicious and I am suspicious. ......BUT.....could you please u2u me some lucky numbers? I promise if I win, I'll pay it forward to someone in need.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Took a long time for someone to say what I was thinking. I don't buy it at all, sounds like a new 'Bernard' thread to me.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Bernard? is it you ? Wrote about young age here and

Which make me sound like a 93 year old man!, they were just so I could post this thread!)."

your previous replies in threads go like

I'm saving this for the grandchildren - thanks a bunch!

Garlic is most wonderful - good for the circulation too

One of my younger friends says to me that he normally pours a spot of milk first and then pops the coffee in, before pouring some hot water in straight after.

Well that's most intriguing. In all of my years, I didn't know this! I feel most ashamed!

When I was young and sprightly, many called me a violent storm - but mostly due to the so-called "calm before the storm". Gosh I did have quite a temper back then! Oh the good old days!

Gosh I do remember that young damsel in the photo. I forget her name now - something beginning with a "C". Such things do bring back memories - oh great, now you've gone and opened the floodgates! ( when commenting 1954 article photo)

I'd hope I'd go peacefully with all my children and grandchildren around me. I'd like to have my wife beside me too - she'd most definitely live well beyond me. Women always do, don't they!

A young man helped me across the street - it was most kind of him considering I am very frail these days!

I myself was home-schooled - but there was a war going on at the time. Frightful times, I must say! ( when commenting "many people over 50 were homeschooled"

Oh certainly a unicorn - such lovely creatures. I've met one you know - but you'd never believe me!

ETC etc

Just an advice, maybe you should check your day of birth .. Amount of bullocs.. is amount of bullocs.
Maybe we are wrong and you will receive a name Bernard II ...
Gladly this is in chit chat and not to be taken seriously

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

So op after being shown you talk bs are you going to apologise to the ats membership for being a fibber?.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Good call

OP also talked about Chrimbo memories from the 1940's, already as a parent.

Such a shame when posters are utter fantasists.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I don't get this thread. Is it really just luck?

Law of attraction or affinity? ie you put out some strong co-creational signals?

The flip side to this, there is a case in Alberta I believe, where someone is denied his latest win, a foreigner basically. And that made me really think again about how I believe that the lotteries are rigged. And that they use these funds to pay people off, or to fund revolutionists and mercenaries. Not to say only use these funds, but lately that particular case got me highly suspicious.

But in your case, is it all just luck? Because I don't even want to be talking to a revolutionist beheading children for example.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Why are you still playing after winning so much money?
why not. He keeps winning. I'd keep playing. That's quite a trend.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join