It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if they are poachers?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
People are quite divided over the topic of UFOs... Are they real? Is it "the government"? Is it the Nazis? Is it aliens? Are they friendly? Why are they so shy? Why are there so many different types of craft reported? What are they even doing here? Etc.

There are theories and ideas and fantasies flying around all over the web. Some even believe they are spiritual beings, here to uplift humanity and end all suffering through some obscure means involving metaphysics and sentimentality.

There are reports of UFOs interfering with nuclear weapons tests, and this has lead people to assume that they wish to protect us from ourselves. But what if it is the environment that they are really after? What would blood be worth to aliens? Complex biological resources that we hardly even consider - trees, animal genetics, phytochemicals - even microbes - what would they be worth to a civilization capable perhaps of advanced genetic engineering? Anyone who knows anything about Genetics knows that writing a natural gene from scratch without the original as a template is virtually impossible.

Would it be safe to say, with all the space and dead rock in space, that lush and diverse biospheres, such as our own, are not exactly common? Even if one in five solar systems (just a random figure) harbored life on this scale, interstellar distance could make it prohibitively difficult to gain and maintain access to any unclaimed territories.

So my question is this: What would it be like if the first alien forces we encountered visiting our world were poachers or resource explorers?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AllyofHumanity9220

Let them poach. There's nothing we can do about it.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MikhailBakunin

Let them poach. There's nothing we can do about it.

Apathy......ya........that's solved lot's of problems in history.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

So educating the unwashed on the threat is a good first step, even as difficult as it may be, with all the distraction and mis/disinformation in our world. Do the AoH or their human.........followers (what do they call themselves, as I realize this is not a religion, devotees?") have a plan for the next step? Or do they think education of a significant percentage will be enough in itself?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

(what do they call themselves, as I realize this is not a religion, devotees?")

See username.

Do the AoH or their human.........followers ... have a plan for the next step? Or do they think education of a significant percentage will be enough in itself?

If humanity can become aware of the threat that it now faces as an emerging race, the agenda and the intent of the "visitors" can be exposed. Education and awareness is the first step to this. According to the AoH briefings, the native peoples of a world must appear to welcome and approve of intervention for it to be allowed, in order to preserve stability in the larger region of space we live in, called the Greater Community. Consider trade guilds/organisations - they are rule-bound bodies governed by necessity. They need order to function. So, according to the Allies of Humanity, our main advantage is that we can reject their presence here, if consensus can be reached...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

What would it be like if the first alien forces we encountered visiting our world were poachers or resource explorers?

Fingers crossed for poachers as they'd be in and out and barely noticed. Resource explorers could be a whole other matter. Would they be ethical and interested in partnerships? Would they just take what they wanted and leave behind a wasteland?

We'd have to hope they have a morality greater than our own in the colonial days. Otherwise, we'd be ripped off for a handful of shiny baubles and have our futures stunted.

I'd like to think future explorers would have a sophisticated approach to 'first contact' that would enrich us rather than rip us off. Presumably, the choice would entirely be theirs.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I know what THEY call themselves, my question is what do the HUMANS calls themselves who believe the AoH briefings?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

What would it be like if the first alien forces we encountered visiting our world were poachers or resource explorers?

Fingers crossed for poachers as they'd be in and out and barely noticed. Resource explorers could be a whole other matter. Would they be ethical and interested in partnerships? Would they just take what they wanted and leave behind a wasteland?

We'd have to hope they have a morality greater than our own in the colonial days. Otherwise, we'd be ripped off for a handful of shiny baubles and have our futures stunted.

I'd like to think future explorers would have a sophisticated approach to 'first contact' that would enrich us rather than rip us off. Presumably, the choice would entirely be theirs.

If you have seen any of the Allies of Humanities videos you would realize the OP is not discussing a hypothetical situation.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Can a human not be an ally of humanity?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Just wondering, have you ever read the briefings themselves?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

That would suck... Look at the # we do we don't protect every area against that # maybe our black ops programs are struggling due to lack of technology in other words they are too far ahead to properly understand whats happening. There is far too much to be said in this area I think the answers are far too apparent.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I think we would have to hope that they have a morality greater than our own in the present - technological advances have not exactly done much for our morality, IMO...

Interesting to consider that technology itself has been described as a double-edged sword. In order to cultivate it, one needs more and more resources. Many people like to make the argument that, with sufficient technical know-how, we should be able to create any matter and endless free energy with some hypothetical fusion reaction. But what would it cost to develop this technology? Would we be able to contain something with the power of the sun?

Besides, technology is largely dependent on the stability of society - if we deplete our key resources before we gain access to more advanced forms of green energy production, societal collapse could threaten our very civilization. How many people know how to build a power generator from scratch? What would happen if the oil shipments stopped? If the supermarkets were empty?

I mention all of this because it would be safe to assume that gaining resources would be an ongoing struggle for any advanced civilization, especially if they have outstripped their own world to any degree. So, their attitude toward us would depend on how desperate they were to gain access to our resources... Given that we are probably giving off the impression that we really don't care much for the longevity of this world or its resources, would they not just consider us an obstacle between them and a world of wealth?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I tend towards the notion that any intelligence with the ability to travel from some Point A to our own Point B (Earth) would not require our resources.

Interstellar travel is immensely problematic so to have achieved this form of travel, and arrive here, would show extremely advanced technology. The same would be said for exotic matter, 'wormhole' manipulation or even travel between dimensions. Any *they* with the ability would presumably be beyond the needs of our water or other resources. Their sphere of consciousness would likely deal with time-scales that ours does not. Perhaps they'd be close to a 'post-scarcity' level of existence?

Likewise, whilst we don't have all the answers to what the universe is constructed from, or the answers to consciousness, we can only guess within the small glow of what we do know. There may be resources on Earth that we haven't discovered yet or even such things as might be desirable as luxuries and collectibles. Who knows?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

There are reports of UFOs interfering with nuclear weapons tests, and this has lead people to assume that they wish to protect us from ourselves.

Or...They're doing recon. If you were going to move in and take over, wouldn't you want to know your enemies capabilities?
Just playing Devil's advocate, I have no idea why they would do that. I've always said the simplest explanation is, research. We study Amazon tribes and other primitive cultures, why not them? What we consider abduction, they may just think of as taking samples.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I have to say we are masters of our planet.

First off, I fish, I dont eat them, I hate the taste but I let them go in best state I can. I dont care if you have a problem with this.

We humans can kill anything on Earth.

Second, we are a race of people skilled in making ways to kill ouselves.I think we would kill ourselves before we lost controll (well the govnment would).

Third, Aliens (lmao) would be an invading populace, we only have to defend. So if they have spent years getting viruses, earth tech and any other stuff you can gain through anal probing....there is no way on EARTH that an Alien race could pre-empt humans! Even we cant do it living here.

Bring it on, my money is on us!

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I've always said the simplest explanation is, research. We study Amazon tribes and other primitive cultures, why not them

Research for what purpose, though? Even our research into amazonian tribes usually follow some plan to relocate them because we wish to drown their valleys or log their forests...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TheCrowMan

Interestingly, there are several researchers who have noted the use of mind-altering techniques employed by those who do the alleged abducting. Whether it be to erase memories or to implant new ones, they seem to be able to control our thoughts and behavior in ways that Edward Bernays could only dream of... Imagine an organization who have been perfecting such forms of manipulation for thousands of years... They would probably be able to convince us all that eating dog # for breakfast was a great idea, not to mention giving us the impression that they are here solely for our benefit, and that we should give them the reigns of power and follow their absolute rule without question or resistance...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Nothing as sinister as poaching. They just need plastic & they are keeping an eye on their stock.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It has been said a few times by some great minds...forget who.
“If ET were to visit, I don't wanna meet them!
He is far, far, far more advanced than us....
It would be like us talking to a snail and asking questions.
How long would YOU talk to said snail before you give up?”

They, I feel, would take what the needed and have little regard for us snails as a whole.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheCrowMan

They don't even have to land, just sit out in the asteroid belt and throw big rocks. After a couple dozen aimed at our largest cities, some smaller ones at major military installations..........problem solved.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join