It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: ‘US provoking war with Russia, could result in total destruction’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

I see once again you failed to read in the other thread. I responded to you ever constant proof question.

Secondly don't drag your issue with me from that thread to this one. It only serves to derail this thread and its in poor taste.

Russia did in fact invade Ukraine and putin admitted it when he stated the non insignia troops were Russian military. Unlike Russia US citizens and government officials can speak their opinion about Russia. Something Russia needs to learn instead of locking those who don't agree with Putin up in prison.

Again NATO is a defensive alliance and countries have to request to join. That is exactly what the former occupied ssrs did. They had their fair share of Russian occupation. If the USSR and now Russia were right then the USSR never would have collapsed and the SSR's would be leading economies.

They aren't courtesy of Russia's brain damaged test monkey view that they think they control those former ssr's.

Putins state of the union address was absolute proof that Putin is taking Russia down. Putin is in denial and is so arrogant he refuses to acknowledge the fact he was wrong. Putins arrogance is Putins worst enemy.

Russia is responsible for its current mess. Blaming the west does not work. Just as Hitler blaming the Jews did not work.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter
Putins state of the union address was absolute proof that Putin is taking Russia down. Putin is in denial and is so arrogant he refuses to acknowledge the fact he was wrong.

Sounds like a nuclear bomb waiting to go off. A bear is most dangerous when cornered & faced with imminent death.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

If the USSR and now Russia were right then the USSR never would have collapsed and the SSR's would be leading economies.

...are you preparing ?

Following your logic US/EU will collapse.

Putins state of the union address was absolute proof that Putin is taking Russia down.

It talked about The West trying take down Russia again and said they would try to stay sovereign or die trying.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Some of the scariest movie plots for me always revolved around evil overlords that prey and devour their slaves. No #, real claims have been brought forth against the western elite of occult practices and child rape up to and including canabalistic behavior. I mean how grotesque! And these are the people who represent us? Seriously? If even have those claims are true you know we are dealing with some very power, sick and twisted # and wouldn't be surprised if they were to goad Russia into nuking their food for them .......anyone know offhand if Russian Oligarchs like to nibble on the flesh of children?
edit on 6-12-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

The resolution (paragraph 3) accuses Russia of an invasion of Ukraine and condemns Russia’s violation of Ukrainian sovereignty. The statement is offered without any proof of such a thing. Surely with our sophisticated satellites that can read a license plate from space we should have video and pictures of this Russian invasion. None have been offered. As to Russia’s violation of Ukrainian sovereignty, why isn’t it a violation of Ukraine’s sovereignty for the US to participate in the overthrow of that country’s elected government as it did in February? We have all heard the tapes of State Department officials plotting with the US Ambassador in Ukraine to overthrow the government. We heard US Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland bragging that the US spent $5 billion on regime change in Ukraine. Why is that OK?

Lavrov: Why don’t the BBC and CNN show "Russian troops in Ukraine"?

The resolution (paragraph 14) states with certainty that the Malaysia Airlines flight 17 that crashed in Ukraine was brought down by a missile “fired by Russian-backed separatist forces in eastern Ukraine.” This is simply incorrect, as the final report on the investigation of this tragedy will not even be released until next year and the preliminary report did not state that a missile brought down the plane. Neither did the preliminary report – conducted with the participation of all countries involved – assign blame to any side.

Reckless Congress 'Declares War' on Russia

Was it written in the Budapest Memorandum that the US can overthrow a democratically elected government in Ukraine?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I am not sure if the drop in oil prices is because the west economy is crewed with all the debt it keeps taking on or if the USA is using OPEC to upset Russia but I think Russia will sit this one out and wait for winter to come.

Pump prices have hardly moved so maybe its all a bit of an accounting trick where the USA sends OPEC money via a backdoor from the hidden tax on pump prices in the street.

Lets see if ISIS gets involved in attacking Russia and then we will know for sure who is paying them because we already know who gave them weapons.

Apparently the FSA is now fighting ISIS as well as Assad but ISIS started life as the FSA and split away according to sources so I find it hard to believe they are now engaging each other just a year later.

Good to see Ron Paul speaking his mind and he is not a corporate gob for hire like most of the other politicians in the USA who's real wealth can be traced back to defence contracts.

Russia did in fact invade Ukraine and putin admitted it when he stated the non insignia troops were Russian military.

Russia was invited in after a vote in he Crimea and if you are looking for secret agents then look towards the USA and the forces it has in the Ukraine so if Russia invaded then so did the USA.

Watch some D-Day landings if you would like to see what an invasion looks like

Again NATO is a defensive alliance and countries have to request to join.

Are NATO defensive bombs made from cotton wool and were the missile the USA wanted to place in Poland duds because all weapons are offensive else they don't work and lets face it that NATO is just a US military puppet where we in Europe get to pick up the bill.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Now I'm not a complete noob in US politics but how much power does the House of Representatives have? Is it like an advisory council or does it set the policy and can we (in Europe) see the effects of this resolution? Because the media in my country haven't picked this up and I'm trying to gauge the impact of this. If anyone would care to explain a little I'd be most grateful.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

House reps are like any other citizen and are free to put their 2 cents in.

The bill the house passed is meaningless because it has not gone to the Senate and I doubt Democrats will out it on the floor. Even then the President would most likely veto.

The ability to formally declare war is vested in Congress.

If the President sends the military into a situation involving combat without congressional approval Congress has the ability to defund / refuse ot fund the action.

People are making a big to do about nothing simply to portray the US as something its not.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Russia seized Crimea before Crimea held a sham vote to leave Ukraine. You have armed forces of Russia illegally entering Ukraine in an effort to seize land.

That is an invasion.

Your comments about NATO are without merit / factual base so once again brush up and educate yourself before making claims that are not true.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Russia is not the Big-Bad-Voodoo-Daddy it is being made out to be. Twenty-five years ago it was brought to it's knees and was financially devastated. Putin has done a masterful job of restoring national pride and identity and at one point had raised the 3rd largest cash reserves on the planet. But that cannot be misinterpreted as success. The infrastructure, such that it was, and how little of it that even existed is woefully underfunded suffering under deferred maintenance that may never be completed.

Russia is nowhere near it's Soviet era peak and is in no position to be taking on Europe, America or Nato. Putin is no dummy and has no interest in doing so. His bravado towards America and the West is not even really aimed at them, it is for domestic consumption. He is playing to the prejudices and mythologies of the only audience that matters to him: Russians.

On the one hand, Russian isolation plays into his hands as it makes it easier to sell his narrative. But the reality is that Russia's dodgy economy is crumbling under the weight of international sanctions over it's actions in Ukraine and the recent collapse of oil prices has led to serious economic problems for the country.

For those of us that survived the Cold War and got to see the "man behind the curtain", Soviet 2.0 is far less frightening.

The mandate of Russian power for centuries has been to protect the Motherland. Mamayev Kurgan!

Putin and Russia are all bluff. Those that buy into the scaremongering just don't understand Russian history, Russian thinking or what Putin is referencing.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Even scarier to me is the fact that people are still drinking Paul's save-the-world/America Koolaid. We're provoking Russia??

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

This conversation is probably taking place now.

edit on 6-12-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Again NATO is a defensive alliance

NATO attacked Libya is not what i would call a defensive alliance, NATO attacking sovereign countries is not part of being defensive alliance whatever there claim was based upon humanitarian claims.

From NATO's own mouth.

Following the Qadhafi regime’s targeting of civilians in February 2011, NATO answered the United Nations’ (UN) call to the international community to protect the Libyan people. In March 2011, a coalition of NATO Allies and partners began enforcing an arms embargo, maintaining a no-fly zone and protecting civilians and civilian populated areas from attack or the threat of attack in Libya under Operation Unified Protector (OUP). OUP successfully concluded on 31 October 2011.

According to you and other such NATO defenders.

countries have to request to join. That is exactly what the former occupied ssrs did.

Libya nor Libyans never requested NATO Americans invaded and started bombing the country back to the stone age.

Putins state of the union address was absolute proof that Putin is taking Russia down.
Your comical, did you even paid attention to his speech of the state of the union address or is that your own wet fantasy?

If Putin goes down so does Syria.

No doubly you will be truly then happy. But his speech wasn't that.

Russia is responsible for its current mess. Blaming the west does not work.

WHOM IS responsible for the current mess in Ukraine and middle east? is it Russia or the west? its the west.

Blaming the west does not work.

For everything that has happened not just in Ukraine but in the middle east its the west whose the guilty one in that area.

Your government funds protesters and that example was again seen in Hong Kong even China knows it.

Unlike Russia US citizens and government officials can speak their opinion about Russia.

Oh your right John McCain and other US citizens whom are war mongers have every right to spew there hatred agaisnt Russia and while at the same time how demanding they are on turning Russia as an EU member.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

You dont know whats an invasion. Nor do you know the history of Ukraine.
edit on 6-12-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Finally we have a long awaited sequel to the cold war.

Methinks some of the brass aren't willing to let go of the past- after all you can't spell Russia without U.S.S.R.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
West wants to isolate Russia, to divide it and allow its natural resources to be exploited by the business that dictates American foreign policy. Hence the reason for the US supported Maidan coup in Kiev.

Assad is an secular whom protects the last standing Christians in Syria without Russia and even Putin there wouldn't be Christians in Syria.

By your logic you want the Christians in the middle east gone, you know that you stated to me about these same US officials speak out Agaisnt Russia?

I have never seen your beloved US officials speak either for the Christians in the middle east or those in the Balkans funny i always believed that America was a Christian nation, but since your country is fighting along the same Gulf regime states and its Saudi Sunni ruling families.

Its a tragedy.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

House reps are like any other citizen and are free to put their 2 cents in.

Reps???

U.S. House Votes 98% to Donate U.S. Weapons to Ukraine; U.S. Public Is 67% Against. Is This Democracy?

That is an invasion.

Before the referendum the "Green men" only "invaded" the Crimean Parliament (after protests with two casualties), the local self defense forces (other green men) secured the Autonomous Republic of Crimea (only locals who served in the Soviet Army and not in the 23 year old ukrainian). After the referendum the ukrainian military was "exterminated" in the operation"Polite people".

Video report on the results of task execution unit number 0900 in the period from February 22 to March 28, 2014 on the territory of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

The top brass want to see nothing more then to see the Slavics people either dead or gone i am starting to believe the west fears the Slavic's more then they fear the Saudis or Sunnis for that matter.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

The top brass want to see nothing more then to see the Slavics people either dead or gone i am starting to believe the west fears the Slavic's more then they fear the Saudis or Sunnis for that matter.

How many of the top brass do you know personally? Have they shared their plans for a Slavic genocide with you? Or is this just your usual anti-American hate speech? Aren't you glad ATS doesn't censor pro-Fascist posts?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: maghun

U.S. House Votes 98% to Donate U.S. Weapons to Ukraine; U.S. Public Is 67% Against. Is This Democracy?

Your "source" does not provide any details of the supposed survey that shows 67% of Americans opposed to arming Ukraine. This makes it look suspiciously like a "Potemkin Number". Do you have a better source for this claim?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join