It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: ‘US provoking war with Russia, could result in total destruction’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Former congressman Ron Paul has lashed out at the resolution the House passed against Russia, branding it “one of the worst pieces of legislation ever.” It could even pave the way for a potential war with Russia, as it was with Iraq, he warns.

Resolution 758 strongly condemns the actions of Russia under Vladimir Putin, for what it describes as a policy of “aggression against neighboring countries,” in a motion that describes Moscow’s political and economic domination in the region.

However, Ron Paul says the bill was nothing but “16 pages of war propaganda that should have made even neocons blush.”

Speaking to RT, Paul added that the resolution was "part of the war propaganda machine."

"It’s this kind of stuff that stirs up trouble. I’d rather dissipate the problems and have our government tone the rhetoric down a little bit. This was terrible; this was just a very provocative resolution," he said.

rt.com...

Oh no! It's Ron Paul making too much damn sense again! We can't have that now, can we?

Well yes, we can. Even though our dumbass leaders in Congress overcame disputes about virtually everything else to vote in strong favor.

Recently Russia warned that there are consequences for provoking a nuclear power. And Russia seems to be backing up that warning recently also with increased, long range bombing training exercises in our own backyard.

What I am waiting for is for NATO to make that very wrong and provocative move of putting a substantial ground force to contest Russia's actions in Ukraine or elsewhere. Let it come as no surprise when they get wiped off the face of the earth with a tactical nuke. Russia has stated they will do this without hesitation if threatened, and they are not playing the conventional arms race game any longer.

Also, there is a lot more discussion in that video, so check it out. He points out so many more things, and especially how both the Reps and Dems foreign policy is so, so far from a more constitutional, non-interventionalist policy. Play with fire and you're going to get... nuked.
edit on Fri Dec 5th 2014 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Is it just me or is the whole racial tensions being portrayed in the media a perfect cover for starting WW3 ?
edit on 5-12-2014 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

Oh no! It's Ron Paul making too much damn sense again! We can't have that now, can we?

No, we really can't.

What I don't get is how Dr. Paul knows that the reason he isn't taken seriously is because his ideas don't pander to corporate interests yet he seems clueless and just keeps on truckin'. It seems he would spend more time ranting about the real reasons he can't get a soapbox to stand on for more than just being an occasional spectacle for Republicans to scoff at.

I hope he rants and rails against left and right stupidity for as long as he lives. His simple statements of common sense will be reviewed by our grandchildren as "duh" statements and they'll all discuss their thoughts on why he was never elected.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
We don't have to worry, congressmen probably have a big bunker under their office buildings on capital hill. Our leadership will survive a nuclear war.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
We don't have to worry, congressmen probably have a big bunker under their office buildings on capital hill. Our leadership will survive a nuclear war.

The link is to one of my stories. While it is fiction, it poses a solution to a problem.

Perhaps you may wish to consider it in light of your statement.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Would you want them in a brave new world? I would not!

P

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

War is an innevitable outcome of the human condition but war with who.

I remember when the tensions got pretty hot in the early 1980's and would say it is beyond any denial that today's western encroachment on area's that were either formerly under direct soviet control or else in the soviet sphere of influence would definitely have tipped the world into a nuclear war if the old cold war was still in swing and yes they are precipitating a new cold war as Russian now see's it as necessary to reafirm there status on the world stage.

Who is behind this, well it always takes two to dance and I would actually point the finger of blame at neither side in this argument but rather certain very powerful and wealthy interests who are perhaps using the US and it's armed forces to make potential investment opportunity's or remove potential rival's for there own end's.

These interests have always been around and though they may change name or face over the decade's and century's the same types of interest's have been behind every major conflict for at least the last 200 year's, if not more, and they are most certainly moving behind this today.

War would be bad for these country's, for eveyone (especially western europe) if it goes nuclear which it has indeed got a very high chance of if it does come to pass but if it does not go nuclear these private interests would actually make a financial killing from any conflict and the trashing of our economy's for which they are positioned to use as a financial and power brokering opportunity.

Then of course you have the true believers in both nation's (former KGB colonel's who hate the west and former gung ho anti commie's who hate anything even remotely red) who are goading for a war almost as if there pent up tension that definitely still reside in some of there heart's from the anti climax that was the end of the cold war have left them raving lunatic's hungry for blood no matter the cost.

I feel sorry for the kid's though in general life quality has degraded in the west since the end of the cold war, why?
Because they no longer have a leftist idiology to fight so can move all the way back to the master servant idiology of the pre first world war era that so many of these ultra right wing propegandists long for with all there heart's.

edit on 5-12-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Is it just me or is the whole racial tensions being portrayed in the media a perfect cover for starting WW3 ?

Do you really believe they need a cover story in order to hide what they're really doing in secret???

Hell no, they just keep it secret. Anything they tell you about isn't what's really happening, or they wouldn't be telling you.

But lets just say that your theory is what is actually happening. It would then be some BS story to cover up just some other BS story. What's really going on doesn't make the news. At least not while it's happening. It might come out years later or something, maybe, but that's about it. By then it's too damn confusing to get it straight either.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Naturally, I have a bit different take on this.

Lord forbid even rhetoric against the dear and beloved Putin. These words could bring WAR...horror.

A shrinking military and budget, the lowest troop levels overseas since WWII, mere lip-service against Isis, appeasement the order of the day from the Obama Administration, no leadership whatsoever for NATO...all this adds up to WAR..LMAO.

One lousy political piece of rhetoric and Paul fears war and you guys pile on. YAWN.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The Yeas and Nays of the H. Res. 758 vote:

The Ten Nays:

Justin Amash R-MI
John Duncan R-TN
Alan Grayson D-FL
Alcee Hastings D-FL
Walter Jones R-NC
Thomas Massie R-KY
Jim McDermott D-WA
George Miller D-CA
Beto O’Rourke D-TX
Dana Rohrabacher R-CA
Rest of the list here
edit on 6-12-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

The sheer ridiculousness coming from the latest racial "tensions" really does seem fishy. I might be only 37 years of age, but I've never witnessed a time with so many stupid things going on. It's like people are just losing their minds in mass.

Thanks TA, always love to hear from Ron Paul. I miss common sense.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I understand where your coming from with your statement, and of course they will keep what's really happening secret. What I was trying to allude to (unsuccessfully) is that even if some kernel of truth was released, who would believe it first of all, and second of all who would care ? Peoples attention spans are what ? 15 seconds ? How quickly will we a forget about the fact that this story itself is in the news, or better yet ask someone if they heard about this story, chances are pretty high they haven't and/or don't care about it.

So my point is it doesn't matter what gets told, truth or not, because at this point in the game no one knows what's going and for the most part could care less.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Ron Paul reminds me of the Aeolipile. Those ancient people were so, so close to starting the industrial revolution over a thousand years ago. They were so, so close, they had it RIGHT THERE, but they ignored it as anything other than a spectacle.

Kind of reminds of me Ron Paul. We have a real, good leader RIGHT HERE yet most Americans ignore him as anything other than a spectacle. SO close, yet so far because too few people have removed their heads from their rears.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Yah, you're right. I think about that too sometimes. Like the fact that before this what was happening that is no just lost. Planes literally vanishing from the sky. Detroit in shambles and people without water. ISIS. Israel vs. Palestine. Iran Nukes. Putin without his shirt. Or even better, Putin kissing the tummy of that little boy?!?! WTF was that anyway???

Robin Williams Death. Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi. Birth Control. Obama something something, immigrants, we are all going to die now because the first lady is a Tranny or something like that....Oh ya, and Gays. Can't forget them.
Anyway, you get the point.

There is actually so much sh*t falling apart all around us, who isn't distracted from one day to the next. It just never stops. We get no closer on any of it either. Just one crisis to the next without any resolutions to anything. We are all being put in a psychological condition of panic and fear without any time to calm ourselves before the next crisis hits.

I find Weed and Booze and Laughing with Friends puts things back into perspective however....

edit on 6-12-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Haha, that was actually a great post, so I had to star it. Just letting you know.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

How is the US provoking a war with Russia when the US / NATO / world responses are a reaction to Russia invading Ukraine?

Secondly, reference the resolution. People need to understand its not a law. The bill passed the house. Next step is for the Senate to do their thing and then the final version, once passed by both houses, goes to Obama for signature / veto.

edit on 6-12-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

How is the US provoking a war with Russia when the US / NATO / world responses are a reaction to Russia invading Ukraine?

Secondly, reference the resolution. People need to understand its not a law. The bill passed the house. Next step is for the Senate to do their thing and then the final version, once passed by both houses, goes to Obama for signature / veto.

Everything is going according to plan. Obama & Putin are booty buddies while the UN & Congress happily do their part.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: James1982
Ron Paul reminds me of the Aeolipile. Those ancient people were so, so close to starting the industrial revolution over a thousand years ago. They were so, so close, they had it RIGHT THERE, but they ignored it as anything other than a spectacle.

Kind of reminds of me Ron Paul. We have a real, good leader RIGHT HERE yet most Americans ignore him as anything other than a spectacle. SO close, yet so far because too few people have removed their heads from their rears.

You do have to wonder where the country would be today if he had not been shut out of the debates and had actually won the election....

I would say your can bet your bippie we would not be 18 trillion in debt and all the race stuff coupled militarization of the police would just be some neocons wet dream... All predicated on him staying alive and not being JFKed.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yep.

Instead, many many people in the U.S. lacking common sense preferred tagging along with crazy ass status quo nonsense. Pretty stupid isn't it?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Since you skipped out of my last thread and never bothered on replying. Let me remind you again.

Russia didn't invade Ukraine unless your huge supporter of NATO,John McCain then according in your world you see that Russia invaded it but in reality it didn't.

What NATO is doing in eastern Europe is not protecting Europe its an provoking action towards an nation itchy for a conflict with.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Lol it doesn't really matter what we do. If Russia's economy tanks because the price of oil is far below what they need it to be...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join