It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The scariest link I ever clicked - US/World economic data

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

No it cant be paid off and was never intended to be paid off. Its about control and selling the soul of a nation the world. Same effect as drugs, making junkies, owning the methods of tender.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Looks like Russia's doin ok. Weird that, isnt their economy doing really bad or so I keep hearing?, lol.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum_Squirrel
I am taken a back , maybe this is old .. I have been a member for 7 years and look everyday but cannot remember ever seeing this before, ran a quick search but nothing, apologize if posted before.

US DEBT

There is one statistic missing,- the amount of money paid out in corporate welfare in all the graphs.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The word "we" is used entirely too much in this thread and is exactly how the governments have citizens by their short hairs. "WE" don't owe even a fraction of the debt because "WE" didn't get a fraction of what it was used to fund.

Until the taxpayers stand up and remove the taxman from their teats nothing will change... and as long as the majority of people see the debt and consider it some form of personal debt or personal responsibility, the taxman will remain latched on firmly.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
the US Debt is owed to the So Called FED Reserve (Private Banks) Get rid of the FED RESERVE and No More Debt. Simple.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles911
the US Debt is owed to the So Called FED Reserve (Private Banks) Get rid of the FED RESERVE and No More Debt. Simple.

All of it is owed to the Fed banks?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No, not all of it. It's actually much more confusing. Which sucks too. To the best of what I've figured out, We (In general meaning everyone) owe Us. However, we can't every actually pay ourselves off though either. If we do we'd go bust.

Nations owe themselves, other nations, banks and people.

People owe other people, other nations, our own nation, banks and some I forgot I'm sure.

The reason for this is confusing as hell in my opinion too. Because Debt is purchased and sold to different parties who also buy and purchase other debt. We can even owe ourselves debt if that makes sense.

It's so stupid. In reality it's all BS too. If we would all just collectively agree that it's got totally out of hand and needs to stop, we could just stop it. It's not like there are aliens or some gods out in space somewhere that we owe something to. It's just us playing the game and we owe ourselves basically.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Hey Onequestion, I for one would Love To Have An Actual Look The People who say we owe them money, eye to eye like. I know that'll never happen, because if you saw the cockroaches who say we owe them money.
A. We Would Never Pay Them.
and B. We'd probably Squish them like a roach, because they would be the most Repulsive, Greedy Creatures Imaginable. Just My Opinion
Arjunanda. a reply to: onequestion

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Hi Xuenchen, Yep All of it owed to The Fed Banks, The Well Fed Banks That Is, LOL. Welcome To The Tax Farm, just don't Piss Off Massa To Much or A Good Whoopin' will be comin' our way. Peace Friend , Arjunanda a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Federal Reserve Debt Enslavement Video :

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
We Are Bilderberg.

You Will Be Assimilated.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
(Un?)fortunately we are headed towards a society without formal money. There is no question its going to be painful getting there and its scary to think what will take the place of money for power.

AI is advancing at exponential rates. Elon Must says skynet is possible within as little as 5 years. The rise of machines and AI in particular, as scary as it may be, also spells the end to a traditional economy. AI, good or bad, can solve a lot of intractable problems- things like efficient cold fusion, space travel, quantum physics manipulations. Imagine 10,000 of the best minds thinking together as 1 for months at a time without rest or tiring and with a perfect memory and logical reasoning. Then imagine that occurring 100's, no 1000's of times over. Disease, Hunger, Energy, Clean Water...all solvable by sufficient AI and robots.

But where does that leave us? Human's will have no purpose- no ability to generate value. AI will have imagination and creativity, so we can't pretend we own that niche. Robots will do difficult manual labor. We will have nothing to trade for wealth. The corporations and current 1% are going to fight this and likely end up in control of whatever system follows. Thats the scary part, because the control will be exerted through force. They will hold the means for production and therefore hold the power. Watch what they start to buy and collect over the coming years. It will be telling of how they introduce the control.

So the economic system isn't going to be the problem it appears...it will be an entirely new problem. All debt will be forgiven, but in its place will be something different that some will have to deal with. No doubt there will be wars...technology revolution always precedes war.

Change is inevitable. There may be some pockets of micro-economies around the world that have rejected the change but it won't be the same as it is today for sure. The best we can do is adapt. Many suggest merging humans with AI and Technology is the only way to stay relevant- that or evolve our own biology to change rapidly in order to compete. AI can help with that too.

The power differential is too great to prevent the future, and who knows, it might be a Utopia, though there is a better chance for a Dystopia. Only time will tell. I suspect we'll see a split in humanity during that time...with space colonies becoming a possibility- new societies which operate on trade on frontiers. Its no longer all Sci-Fi.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

Thanks but - not getting any numbers in the boxes ....? Does this mean out time has run out?

www.usdebtclock.org...#

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

The only way out is going to be a world currency.

It's part of the plan.

Here's the big question... Who do we owe all this money to?

We owe this money to whichever country is currently mass-producing consumer goods; first it was Hong Kong, then Japan, and now China. They make so much money from exports that they have to spend it somewhere otherwise their own inflation devalues it that quickly. So the only solution is to buy up investments in the USA and Europe.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I have posted this before now click on the time machine debt clock in the right corner, click on 2018, apparently something bad happens that year economically.

OR

edit on 8-12-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I've just posted a reply in another thread Here about the UK's spiraling debt, and how I don't see it ever being paid off. I returned to the ATS home page and see your thread about the same thing(more or less) has appeared. Talk about synchronicity! Its cropping up a lot in my life lately.

Anyway I agree with you it is very worrying and must surely come to head at some point. As Onequestion pointed out, maybe its part of a plan in which it hits a critical point where the slate is wiped clean and a new one world currency is ushered in. I'm no economist either, but even a fool can see something has to give sooner or later!

edit on 8-12-2014 by surfer_soul because: fixed link

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: onequestion

The only way out is going to be a world currency.

It's part of the plan.

Here's the big question... Who do we owe all this money to?

We owe this money to whichever country is currently mass-producing consumer goods; first it was Hong Kong, then Japan, and now China. They make so much money from exports that they have to spend it somewhere otherwise their own inflation devalues it that quickly. So the only solution is to buy up investments in the USA and Europe.

Thats what I used to think until i learned otherwise. Its true that China buys western debt up in the form of bonds,
but surprisingly China itself is in debt, to the tune of 251 percent of GDP! How can that be I wonder?
Heres a link to back up my statement.
Source

I had presumed that this inflection point was still a very long way off, but a new report from Stephen Green at Standard Chartered argues that China’s aggregate debt level has reached 251 per cent of GDP, as of June.
blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: 23432

No it cant be paid off and was never intended to be paid off. Its about control and selling the soul of a nation the world. Same effect as drugs, making junkies, owning the methods of tender.

Perpetual debt is not an economic viability .

History teaches same .

Eventually all debts are extinguished , one way or the other .

Obviously when all debt is extunguished then there is no more economic activity.

Creation of " Tender " is the key to continuity of economy.

The powers will simply have to push " Credit " as a sound option while demoting " Money " to suspicious , dirty , criminal option.

One may have paid off One's national debt but that doesn't mean One won't borrow AGAIN .

It's human nature thats what enables the whole merry go round economics possible anyway and I for one don't see many " Sheeple " who are awake at the moment .

Call me sceptically inclined but the debt will get extinguished , one way or the other .

edit on 8-12-2014 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

yeaahhhh .. just keep printing that money and keep telling yourselves it's all gonna be ok ..

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum_Squirrel
HOW CAN THIS CONTINUE?

Because it's all imaginary. It's money that doesn't actually exist. It's just electronic data being shifted back and forth, all supported by belief, like keeping Tinkerbell alive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join