It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threads that say "White person attacked/killed by cop - Where is the outrage??"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

I have no problem with a police officer or a citizen shooting someone in a legit self defense case.

Like I stated any unjustified killing is bad. Did you miss that?

However, you make it sound like the police are exterminating the population...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Can't believe you idiots have hijacked this rant and are using it to discuss how barbaric black people are killing each other. Don't you have enough white victim threads to go discuss it there??

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

I have no problem with a police officer or a citizen shooting someone in a legit self defense case.

Like I stated any unjustified killing is bad. Did you miss that?

However, you make it sound like the police are exterminating the population...

Again, at what percent of dead civilians at the hands of coppers do you begin to consider it a problem?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc
Can't believe you idiots have hijacked this rant and are using it to discuss how barbaric black people are killing each other. Don't you have enough white victim threads to go discuss it there??

Hmmm, you told someone to "shut up", now your calling everyone who disagreed with your rant, "idiots".

You might want to read the T & C's.

(post by SearchLightsInc removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotMoose
I think what a lot of white people are trying to express is that police brutality is not just limited to minorities, and we need to unite together and demand change. I think that portraying it as just minority issue is only dividing the people of the US (that's what the system, MSM, and PTB want).

You're absolutely right, it's not a minority issue but minorities are shouting the loudest ATM and white people need to get behind them! For the good of America!!

I'm happy to get behind the ones that aren't criminals. That's why I have issues with the Eric Garner, and Tamir Rice killings, and not with the Mike Brown killing.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

This is ATS. Civility matters. I don't take it from someone calling me an idiot because they disagree with my definition of the word moron, I don't take it from obvious racists, not from trolls and most certainly not from you.

The beauty of this planet is that people have different opinions on everything. It's also a curse because it causes division which ultimately prevents unity. Everytime someone flips out over the cops or the blacks or the whites it's one less ounce of energy spent towards exposing the system that oppresses All People. They want you to do this, they want us all to do this.

TSHTF, we're protecting our measly hoard of food or trying not to get assaulted. And the ones who created it are kicking back in a bunker watching it while chuckling and enjoying one more day of sweet, gooey control.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Nobody cares when or why you "facepalm" and you're missing the point of the threads you're bashing. It's not about normalizing police brutality. It's about the fact that white folks, unlike blacks, don't burn down their neighborhood when the cops shoot a white criminal. If you break the law and then fight the cops who show up to arrest you, there's a chance you might be shot. That's the rule. Know it. Live it.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Hmmm, you told someone to "shut up", now your calling everyone who disagreed with your rant, "idiots".

You might want to read the T & C's.

I can whoever I want to shut up because it's my rant, as I've said if you don't like it, make your own rant!
Idiots is the wrong word, trolls is more fitting. Or idiot trolls. Yes I like that better.

Thank you trolls for hijacking my rant to discuss how black people are their own worst enemies

Good day, and enjoy your rant!

Your ability to be civil and have an intelligent discussion is pathetic.......

I'm out!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

LMAO!! Your ignorance comes out more and more with each post of yours. You have violated T&C rules and have been reported. Good luck with your thread. Hmmm you seem to be in the minority here....You get schooled and then start personally attacking members? Yeah, your done.....

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

The answer was in the 2nd and following paragraphs if you had chose to read them. But for you I'll propose more theories. Perhaps these threads are created to point out that everyone is the victim of police violence. Perhaps they are created because certain people are frustrated with the behavior of the media and prominent figures in the minority community. You cannot deny that these groups & people have an agenda to push when these incidents come to light. That agenda has nothing or very little to do with stopping police violence against all people. Perhaps they are created due to the perceived lack of support for these specific instances. The message would be heard louder and clearer if every story of police violence that makes the national news was supported and spoken out against by all people willing to get involved regardless of the race of the victim.

Nothing is going to change if each race focuses only on the cases of police violence that affect them.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotMoose
a reply to: theantediluvian

So, if white people voice their opinions they are right wing racist that are jealous of the minority privileges? Why does it have to be tit-for-tat, are you stating whites should not express there opinions? I think that the media and the government are dividing us. If you notice there are a lot of white people out protesting not only for Mike Brown and Eric Garner, but civil rights in general (for all people). Don't let the media and trolls divide the people. Everyone has the right to be outraged.

If you hadn't said "tit-for-tat" I would have thought you'd replied to the wrong post but unfortunately, it looks like you've gone the straw man route. My point was that the majority of the reactionary threads I've seen have not been about police brutality against white people at all but rather about violence committed against white people by blacks.

The people who are posting these thread are doing the work for media trolls.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

What's more pathetic is how the PC crowd is preaching white privilege, while also preaching equality! Not to mention the flippant and disgusting use of the word "racist" as a way to shut down political opposition against our current president!

Shame, shame, shame, for using a word in a political manner that does more harm against those who are actual victims of racism!

Don't throw the blame on right wingers, until you clean your own house!

I know that you think you're somehow removed from it all but you're obviously not. Why are you ranting about the "PC crowd" and Obama? what does any of that have to do with how law enforcement treats minorities? In another post you start it off by saying that black communities are going to have to "shed their racism" etc etc.

Why is it so hard for people to just admit that these protesters (and if you look at the Garner protests, it's a fairly diverse crowd) have a point about how cops treat minorities differently? Is it because it's viewed by right wingers (like yourself) as being an indictment of all white people?

I agree that people need to unite and realize that in the grand scheme of things, the corporate oligarchs don't care about race at all and we're all in the same boat in that regard, but it's a big boat to be in and some people are travelling in steerage.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

What's more pathetic is how the PC crowd is preaching white privilege, while also preaching equality! Not to mention the flippant and disgusting use of the word "racist" as a way to shut down political opposition against our current president!

Shame, shame, shame, for using a word in a political manner that does more harm against those who are actual victims of racism!

Don't throw the blame on right wingers, until you clean your own house!

I know that you think you're somehow removed from it all but you're obviously not. Why are you ranting about the "PC crowd" and Obama? what does any of that have to do with how law enforcement treats minorities? In another post you start it off by saying that black communities are going to have to "shed their racism" etc etc.

Why is it so hard for people to just admit that these protesters (and if you look at the Garner protests, it's a fairly diverse crowd) have a point about how cops treat minorities differently? Is it because it's viewed by right wingers (like yourself) as being an indictment of all white people?

I agree that people need to unite and realize that in the grand scheme of things, the corporate oligarchs don't care about race at all and we're all in the same boat in that regard, but it's a big boat to be in and some people are travelling in steerage.

Just as you accused the last poster you replied to as a "strawman" I respond to you in the same manner. You refuse to address my comment in an honest manner, so don't expect me to play into your game either.........

You made it political when you said "right winger"!

This should be a human issue! Not political!

EDIT: It's the two party system that has caused this divide, so if you support one party over the other regardless, don't complain! You voted for them!

I have problems with both parties and I don't support either of them!
edit on 5-12-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

At this point...

People in the tank for either party. Are the problem.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

What point did I not address? That Democrats have accused Republicans of racism in dealing with the President? Ok, that's true. How is this applicable to the topic at hand? As you JUST pointed out, this SHOULD be a social issue and not a political one.

You're conflating two different issues in my opinion. Political shenanigans and a concerted effort by (mostly far) right wing media sources to convince their readers/viewers/listeners that there is some sort of "get whitey" agenda at work. I just saw in another thread somebody openly admit that they think the media is pushing an anti-white agenda — so clearly some people are picking up what the far right provocateurs are laying down.

Do you not think this is happening? That would be like me denying that Al Sharpton makes a living being a rabble rouser.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

At this point...

Yep!

Racism, has become a disgusting tool by our politicians to get us hating on each other while ignoring their actions!

Seems to be working well for the most part right?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

What point did I not address? That Democrats have accused Republicans of racism in dealing with the President? Ok, that's true. How is this applicable to the topic at hand? As you JUST pointed out, this SHOULD be a social issue and not a political one.

You're conflating two different issues in my opinion. Political shenanigans and a concerted effort by (mostly far) right wing media sources to convince their readers/viewers/listeners that there is some sort of "get whitey" agenda at work. I just saw in another thread somebody openly admit that they think the media is pushing an anti-white agenda — so clearly some people are picking up what the far right provocateurs are laying down.

Do you not think this is happening? That would be like me denying that Al Sharpton makes a living being a rabble rouser.

Still blaming the right wingers aye?

I don't kneel at the alter of either political church! So talk to me as a human being and not like a political initiate.

Obviously you still don't get it.........

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: whyamIhere

At this point...

Yep!

Racism, has become a disgusting tool by our politicians to get us hating on each other while ignoring their actions!

Seems to be working well for the most part right?

With their Media turning a blind eye...

This has nothing to do with a case in New York...Ever watch Cops ? SOP

This is a Conspiracy. To divide, to make any punishments to power inherently racist.

This is about an Administration so desperate to change the conversation.

They are willing to set us back 30 years. This is insidious.

Even trying to drive a wedge between us and our last line of Defense....The Police.
edit on 5-12-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
To the OP...

I know it was a rant...We all get that.

There is actually progress being made on some of these threads.

Of course Blacks for many different reasons have had it horrible from some Cops.

But, to change hearts and minds which a rant can do.

Use the acronym next time. Just a thought.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join