It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat: Revisited 2014

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: skyfall911

So is it flat, slightly bulged? Disc-shaped?

That pic looks much like a sunny side up egg, flat with a bit of a bulge.

I would say the earth is pretty flat. Could be a buldge somewhere. They probably created a huge land mass in the middle of a giant ocean. Then ignited a catastrophic earthquake, which broke us off into chunks. Drop some human tribes onto these chunks and let em reproduce. No globe needed.
edit on 5-12-2014 by skyfall911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Never take a Flight from Argentina to Australia in that world would take ages

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Er... Who are "they"? The three stooges?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This has to be trolling right?

I mean i get its a conspiracy website and like anything their are the extremes out there that think ever single event ever has been orchestrated by the IllumiNSAMasons but you can't tell me in the modern world that someone honestly believers the earth is flat?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Sorry. I was in the US Navy for a long time.

We did not stop people from traveling. We stopped people from trying to enter the waters of our bases if they weren't authorized.

I watched plenty of ship while out to sea on the horizon slowly sink from view (not disappear, sink) as one would expect from a curved surface of a sphere.

Tons of images from high altitude air craft, owned by private citizens showing the curvature of the Earth.

Private companies are now putting things into space, and in to orbit. No reports of a flat Earth.

Using a telescope, that any private person can buy, one can look at the other planets under high power, and you can actually see them rotate as a sphere.

One can use a pin hole projector and look at the sun and see sun spots do the same thing.

Physics itself shows us that when an object has sufficient enough volume and mass, it will, while molten or liquid, form into a sphere in the weightlessness of space.

If the Earth were flat: we would not get hurricanes as there would be no coriolis effect.
If the Earth were flat: the north and south poles would not have days of no sun during the their winters.
If the Earth were flat: then there would be no need for Over The Horizon detection on the weapons and radar systems that I worked on.
If the Earth were flat: with the sun at 93 million miles away, all the surface of the Earth would receive the same amount of sunlight and it would not be at an oblique angle for anyone.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Hollywood loves to bring knowlege and light to humans through their movies. When you see that Columbia lady holding the torch of enlightement before a movie begins, you better keep an eye out. It is usually hidden pretty well, but there for the taking. Hollywood is the last tool left by our creators to communicate and prepare us for future events.

And all im saying is that in the last Hunger Games, the main character shot a arrow at the sky, exposing it as a dome, destroying it. Then you have a movie called Gravity. You have a Noah movie that NEVER mentions God. Lucy is about advanced human potential. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is about revolution. The next hunger games will be ALL about revolution. Star Wars has always been about revolution, the new trailer just came out. Jurassic Park comes out soon, thats about dinosaurs that never existed. Every hollywood movie has a message and it seems they want us to wake the F up.

To people that want troll me about being a troll, i did post a disclaimer first line of my thread.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Hey, show some respect. Variety, even if it borders the absurd, is why I visit ATS each days. It is good for the brain, it challenges it to adapt, to seek out the truth, to warm up its argument skills.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

If the Earth is flat exactly what holds the oceans? What projects the circular shadow of the Earth on the Moon during eclipses? What about the horizon? Satellites that clearly show a near-perfect spherical Earth?

Flat Earthers can't explain these because their explanations are always scientifically invalid.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The aircraft might go 'straight' there, but the 'straight' is also curved to follow the earth's surface.
Okay, the earth is flat, what stops all the oceans from falling of the edge, and the air too? is there an edge? does the flat earth go on for ever? If the earth goes on for ever, why is there so much overcrowding in some parts? why don't Humans spread out?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Do you have more evidence to show the Earth being flat that does NOT involve Hollywood? Movies? TV?

Like, say: Actual verifiable evidence?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Well we're overcrowded in many areas because we overdevelop them, lots of people, hubs of business, industry, etc. There's still plenty of land that hasn't been developed, I'm hoping it stays that way.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: deadeyedick

Gravity is NOT the Strong Nuclear force.

The strong nuclear force is the force between nucleons.

Gravity is the inherent force of ALL particles to attract one another. It is an incredibly weak force.

maybe in your world but not mine. yes you are correct however i am working on an alternative to the scientific view which you have correctly recited. wait actually even though what i purpose is out of the bounds of scientific understanding i do not think that you describe gravity correctly by accepted terms. either way if you wish to add to my thread in skunk works and can get past the charge of science being a religion then please do post there. for now i will take your word for it.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

I watched plenty of ship while out to sea on the horizon slowly sink from view (not disappear, sink) as one would expect from a curved surface of a sphere.

Read into these 2 pages, they talk about how ships disappear in depth. I wouldnt know what to copy and paste to show you.

Why a ships hull disappears

The Flat Earth by Donald Simanek

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Do you have more evidence to show the Earth being flat that does NOT involve Hollywood? Movies? TV?

Like, say: Actual verifiable evidence?

The two links in my OP are pretty cool and the above links are good reads. I just thought i would cover some Hollywood stuff too. The Truman Show was awesome. That whole studio lamp labeled Sirius falling from the sky could be an enlightenment jab

edit on 5-12-2014 by skyfall911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Please with this map you supply

Explain how a flight from LA to Sydney takes 15 hours and at the same time one from Buenos Aires to Sydney takes 15 hours too in the real world

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Sorry to see this 'hoaxed... ' heh... but when I time traveled back to the 3rd century B.C., one of the first things I did, besides learn the local lingo, was ask what shape the Earth was... as I was smugly sure the dim denizens of yesteryear would say "flat!"

Boy, was I wrong... they pointed at the Moon and explained how the Earth's round shadow was cast there all the time... and then they accused the people of the future of being really slow witted... and I couldn't find an argument to counter that claim...

Skoal.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hasn't being proven that the earth isn't flat? if it was flat i am sure the moon would have being flat to, do flat worlds exist?
maybe.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I think that you are taking basic geometry and physics out of the equation. This something I would try explain to elementary school child. We have satellites. And if you've ever been on the ocean you can see the horizon change and curve. This post doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Nice thought though. Plus if it was flat then eventually someone would fall off the edge which would be interesting!

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyfall911

BUT

If you take a plane from any airport in America, you can travel to ANY coutry on a flat line. California to Japan is straight. New York to Egypt is straight. Texas to Russia is straight. Humans arent in any different positions. The earth is flat and we are all on the same level.

Well...There's your problem!

You're making the incorrect assumption that planes fly "straight". A plane flying from New York to -- say -- Chicago will fly along a path that is generally level to the surface of the Earth, but since that surface is curved, then the so-called "level" flight path would also be curved, matching the curvature of the earth.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If any of you actually took a moment to browse the book that was provided to us you would find some "scientific proof". Here you go.

"Whenever experiments have been tried on the surface of standing water, this surface has always been found to be level. If the Earth were a globe, the surface of all standing water would be convex. This is an experimental proof that Earth is not a globe."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join