It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat: Revisited 2014

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Disclaimer: This is pure speculation. Many will not agree, i just ask that you entertain the idea

"If man uses the senses which God has given him, he gains knowlege; if he uses them not, he remains ignorant." - (100 Proofs Earth Is Not A Globe 1895)

There's so much that we share
that its time we're aware
its a small world after all - Disney

Pretend you are standing on a beach in California. I tell you to point to Japan across the ocean. You stick your arm straight out and point. However, if Earth is a sphere, Japan would be located lower than the horizon on the bend. So if you were to point at Japan, you would have to point directly into the water. If i told you to point to Russia or Europe from this California beach, you might have to point directly into the sand.

This also means humans on other sides of the globe are in different physical positions than us. Sideways, on their heads etc. The only rational explanation for that is gravity.

BUT

If you take a plane from any airport in America, you can travel to ANY coutry on a flat line. California to Japan is straight. New York to Egypt is straight. Texas to Russia is straight. Humans arent in any different positions. The earth is flat and we are all on the same level.

Look out the window and imagine people on a far away continent. Use your senses. Do you honestly feel like they are somehow bending with gravity and at a different physical level than you? Or does the Earth feel flat, where we can stand on a beach and point directly at Japan without having to move your arm 10-20-30 degrees downward to make up for the curving of earth?

If you stand up in your room and point straight at the ground, there are supposedly humans living in countries below us. If there is no land there, then its ocean where animals are swimming upside down. Gravity is keeping them from falling into space.

Yes we are gullable enough to believe this. Does superior technology make us smarter in year 2014, or does it serve as a huge distraction that actually blinds us to huge conspiracys like this. Are we dumber now than 100 years ago? 200?

Here is the PDF link to the original 1895 document and also a much easier PDF read of all 100 anti globe examples.

1985 original

#1-100 Reasons

#2. Whenever expieriments have been tried on the surface of standing water, this surface has always been found to be level. If the earth were a globe, the surface of all standing water would be convex. This is expirimental proof Earth is not a globe.

edit on 5-12-2014 by skyfall911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You do know there is currently satellites in space pointed directly at the Earth. It's round, and it's a spherical shape.

I don't get this post. Is this a throwback to a pre-technological viewpoint? The Earth is not, and never will be, flat. It's absolutely impossible for this to be the case. If it was flat water would disappear in about 2 minuted 'falling' of the edge.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Man the FES site is the slowest in the world. Did they fall off the other end?

Anyway, I think there's tons of proof that we're on a sphere. But thanks for the link to the original book! I've always wanted to read it.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Then where is the edge?

Just as an aside, when a person is high enough in altitude, that person can see the curvature of earth. That curvature can be measured. That measurement can then be plugged into an equation in which one can obtain the circumference and even diameter of the Earth.

Geometry is not relative. Human senses are.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: skyfall911

You can't be serious I mean does this really need to be explained to you or are you just pulling our legs?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
You do know there is currently satellites in space pointed directly at the Earth. It's round, and it's a spherical shape.

I don't get this post. Is this a throwback to a pre-technological viewpoint? The Earth is not, and never will be, flat. It's absolutely impossible for this to be the case. If it was flat water would disappear in about 2 minuted 'falling' of the edge.

Lies, slander, & possibly worse, hearsay.

If Gravity (as we think it it) supposedly exists, maybe instead of falling off you just flip onto the bottom (& eventually reach Japan)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

We have the horizon that curves, ships that appear to "climb" the curve of the sea when they come towards you, even the Earth's shadow can be seen if the sun is at the right angle.

Also, I believe since the surface is curved, cell towers have to be placed in the right spots so that the signal can reach over the land, but since the surface is curved, one tower cannot provide coverage for the entire surface.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Disproving your (albeit fascinating) OP with but a picture:

This is a timelapse picture of a lunar eclipse. Look at the shape of Earth's shadow being projected on the Moon.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
earth is frequency diminsional.
your ressonance frequency is the door you percieve earth and it's form
it is not the same for everyone just everyone that can read this post.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

If you take a plane from any airport in America, you can travel to ANY coutry on a flat line. California to Japan is straight. New York to Egypt is straight. Texas to Russia is straight. Humans arent in any different positions. The earth is flat and we are all on the same level.

Your so far off-base here I really don't even know how to reply.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

That is an epic facepalm! LOL

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The flat earth theory has never been a widely held belief, historically. Not even by the Christian church. There are at least two threads covering this topic. Chadwickus and myself both did one, and I think there's another. That said...

On topic: No!
edit on 12/5/2014 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
earth is frequency diminsional.
your ressonance frequency is the door you percieve earth and it's form
it is not the same for everyone just everyone that can read this post.

Could you elaborate on how this applies to flat earth theory? How does an individuals resonance frequency differ with that of the planet's & what effect does that have on round vs flat?

Asking my questions & rereading your statement, I think I may understand, but are you saying no one but humans can read english / all humans share an exact frequency with earth / only humans exist in this dimension?

Though very interesting, None of which seems to really apply to this thread.

edit on 5-12-2014 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If you want to know if earth is flat look a mountain at the distance, you will see the tip first, get closer and closer and you will see the whole thing, because earth is rounded, if it was flat you would see the whole mountain regardless of your distance to it.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Another proof that the Earth is round: on a sunny day, go to the Equator, and put a stick vertically into the ground. At noon, the stick will have a short shadow. Now go to 45 N, and do the same thing at noon. The shadow will be longer - much longer.

Ancient Greeks not only knew that Earth was round, they even measured the diameter of the Earth using this method.

If the Earth is really flat, how come the shadow lengh changes with the latitude?

edit on 5-12-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
If you want to know if earth is flat look a mountain at the distance, you will see the tip first, get closer and closer and you will see the whole thing, because earth is rounded, if it was flat you would see the whole mountain regardless of your distance to it.

Can you explain the physics of this? I'm assuming you mean top to bottom? Would distance/pollution/physical barriers not have this type of affect despite earth shape?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Beautiful diagram, I thank you

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyfall911
Disclaimer: This is pure speculation. Many will not agree, i just ask that you entertain the idea

You better believe that I don't agree.

Pretend you are standing on a beach in California. I tell you to point to Japan across the ocean. You stick your arm straight out and point. However, if Earth is a sphere, Japan would be located lower than the horizon on the bend. So if you were to point at Japan, you would have to point directly into the water. If i told you to point to Russia or Europe from this California beach, you might have to point directly into the sand.

Also, you can see the curvature of the earth while looking out at the ocean. So there is that. If Earth was flat, you'd be able to see Japan. It's not like our eyes can't see that far away. We can see stars hundreds of light years away, we should be able to see Japan, if the world is flat.

This also means humans on other sides of the globe are in different physical positions than us. Sideways, on their heads etc. The only rational explanation for that is gravity.

BUT

What happens when you look directly down at a sphere? It looks like a circle. Well when you look directly down at an arc, it looks like a line.

Look out the window and imagine people on a far away continent. Use your senses. Do you honestly feel like they are somehow bending with gravity and at a different physical level than you? Or does the Earth feel flat, where we can stand on a beach and point directly at Japan without having to move your arm 10-20-30 degrees downward to make up for the curving of earth?

Do I feel things? What is this? That's not scientific at all. Who cares how I feel about the matter? It's about testable evidence which you are trying to trump with "feelings".

If you stand up in your room and point straight at the ground, there are supposedly humans living in countries below us. If there is no land there, then its ocean where animals are swimming upside down. Gravity is keeping them from falling into space.

Yes we are gullable enough to believe this. Does superior technology make us smarter in year 2014, or does it serve as a huge distraction that actually blinds us to huge conspiracys like this. Are we dumber now than 100 years ago? 200?

How about you explain how someone can fly a plane in a continuous direction and eventually will wind up right back where they started? How is that possible for a flat earth?

Here is the PDF link to the original 1895 document and also a much easier PDF read of all 100 anti globe examples.

That is trash. 1985 is 29 years old. If you are trying to be scientific, posting something that old does you disservice.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Imagine yourself walking along a road and as you walk the peak of a mountain creeps over the horizon, you see the peak first because the world is a sphere and the rest of the mountain is below the horizon and out of sight because of this.

if the world was flat we would see the mountain in it's entirety not the highest point first, this proves that we do not reside on a flat surface.

Geometry isn't a theory it's a fact and it cannot be disputed.

edit on 5/12/2014 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join