It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Us senator Ron Wyden to ban government back doors in phones & pc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
i guess i picked the right forum, and didn't find anything on it in the search, so please delete if needed.

The title says it all, a few quotes

Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator Ron Wyden, D-Ore., today introduced the Secure Data Act to protect Americans’ privacy and data security. The bill prohibits government mandates to build backdoors or security vulnerabilities into U.S. software and electronics.

“Strong encryption and sound computer security is the best way to keep Americans’ data safe from hackers and foreign threats. It is the best way to protect our constitutional rights at a time when a person’s whole life can often be found on his or her smartphone. And strong computer security can rebuild consumer trust that has been shaken by years of misstatements by intelligence agencies about mass surveillance of Americans,” Wyden said. “This bill sends a message to leaders of those agencies to stop recklessly pushing for new ways to vacuum up Americans’ private information, and instead put that effort into rebuilding public trust.”

www.wyden.senate.gov...

www.theverge.com...

I am still reading about this myself, but it would seem someone is actually on our side...so it's a matter of time before this gets shot down i guess

Still, i felt it was worth sharing with the fine ladies and gentlemen of ATS!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
No time to go through it now, but would this also protect us from our own gov't, along with foreign ones?
Thanks in advance

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I am still reading about this myself, but it would seem someone is actually on our side...so it's a matter of time before this gets shot down i guess Still, i felt it was worth sharing with the fine ladies and gentlemen of ATS!

Don't count on it.

Oregon: Merkley (D-OR), Yea Wyden (D-OR), Yea

patriotpost.us...

The Federal Data Services Hub (Hub), a component of the health insurance exchanges created by Obamacare, connects seven different government agencies and establish new access points to the sensitive personal information of the American public.

www.usatoday.com...

money.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yeah sure because people are dumping Microsoft windows that is little more than a platform for NSA spying on files and internet activity along with a file system that is bloated and slow.

Talk I say to make people feel safe when they should be running for the exit door.

I cannot read or understand bill gates code but I can see what it does using sniffers, firewalls, dns/proxy servers and file watch programs and very little of it is good.

Too late for me to get out but if you are new to programming then don't let Microsoft and its visual studio drive you up a one way street.

send me a copy of your registry and I can tell you what time you got out of bed and the serial number of ever pen stick you have ever plugged into your USB port whilst windows was running but I cannot tell you a safe way that works to backing and restore your registry using windows 8
edit on 5-12-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

join