It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Conspiracy #2 We could be Titans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I've been thinking ATS. About the recent push for Mars and the human colonization therein...I wonder if we would be like Titans there since Mars has less gravity than Earth. Until our bodies adjust to Martian gravity, For a time wouldn't we be able to jump higher, have super strength, run faster, etc like the Titans of Greek Mythology? Furthermore, could the Greek Titans of legend have been from a another larger planet with stronger gravity thus rendering them super-human here on Earth? Just lost in thought here...........

What does ATS think?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well it could end up being more like 'the clash of the titans';
because I don't imagine the Martians are going to give up their beautiful red planet
to a bunch of tree-swinging apes

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
I've been thinking ATS. About the recent push for Mars and the human colonization therein...I wonder if we would be like Titans there since Mars has less gravity than Earth. Until our bodies adjust to Martian gravity, For a time wouldn't we be able to jump higher, have super strength, run faster, etc like the Titans of Greek Mythology? Furthermore, could the Greek Titans of legend have been from a another larger planet with stronger gravity thus rendering them super-human here on Earth? Just lost in thought here...........

What does ATS think?

CSB, I was seven years old when Galactica 1980 debuted. Even at that tender age, I knew the show had jumped the shark. The premise was that the colonial fleet found earth. So, apropos of that show and your comment, when the folks/kids from the fleet landed, they basically had Hulk-like superpowers. Jump very high, strength, etc. I thought it was a horrible premise for a show, and I stopped watching it. CSB end

Anyway, I think because of my experience with that show, I never considered your idea before. Interesting.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAIKI
because I don't imagine the Martians are going to give up their beautiful red planet

But they all live underground. We'll be aboveground. Problem solved. Lol

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yes, probably if we had colonies on Mars, when someone from earth comes along, he would appear to be stronger than the average Martian human...for a time being, till his muscles "atrophy".

I we could artificially create stronger gravity, the people living in there would eventually become stronger, especially if they start a young age. Also by lowering the gravity, it could help folks with disabilities and create cargo rooms where simple workers could lift charges that would be impossible...

On another thought...maybe earth once had super low gravity and that giant blocks from ancient structures could have been much lighter than now.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It's always an interesting concept to consider, and the potential outcome of such an effect is wonderfully displayed in the movie John Carter (for those who never read the books). Similar theories have been proposed in shows like DBZ where muscles and bone density increase due to 'heavier' gravity and result in superhuman powers. In practice though, if you want stronger muscles, you could just wear weighted vests around all the time and remove them when you wanna do stuff. Would probably kill your back though.

edit on 5-12-2014 by Septimus because: added more

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: TEOTWAIKI

But they all live underground. We'll be aboveground. Problem solved. Lol

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
An interesting notion, though the gravity is the most significant difference with the red planet, 'super strength' in the terms of captain america style I doubt it would be that much but you would be able to move say a 100kg rock as if it was a 40kg object (I think)

I believe Plato once said humans were made from the smoke from the burning of the Titans bodies. Another story I read was that we spawned from their flowing blood. So you might be on the right lines somewhat

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAIKI

I don't imagine the Martians are going to give up their beautiful red planet

So we have the intelligence and resources to get to Mars and you call Terrans tree-swinging apes? What are you, a misanthorpist? Sheesh

top topics

join