It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want GOD'S intervention?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
As an atheist, I welcome the appearance of your god. I would guess that I would get far more out of it than the believers would, as they would simply be having faith rewarded and I would be staring at an entirely new direction for science to finally study.

As an atheist you have a BELIEF system based/geared upon that which you deny; your basis of revolt against "God" is the driving force. So there is enough substance to "a God aspect" you must have enough value for to revolt against. How can this be, seems a great irony. I would think a better atheist would hate flowers, or bees (now that is a tangible ecosystem observed); too easy to pick apart the intangible faiths of others. Your 'value base' seems skewed or prejudiced.
edit on 7-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

You conveniently skipped all those verses about God-ordained rape, slavery, killing and war topped off with the apocalypse and eternal hell.

I didn't know I had to include them. I never said the entire bible is 100% of God.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99
'Intervention' is inevitable...
As repositiories for the little flame, intervention is always occuring through the auspices of free will. The gift in action...

A grand reversal in result is effected by a grand demonstration of free will - either way...as a gift, and being free, there is no requirement to effect it positively or negatively by any denomination or way of thinking...understand that mechanism and things change around you (regardless of what you believe) because it is lesson #1, is the reason to continue to inhabit the atomic slime suit...to make things right...
Å99

Free will is always intervening (that PESKY mute) it thinks it knows something (Ego based) and won't surrender (way outside its bounds of just keeping the body alive; chose this or that or be consumed by others). Kill the Ego; it is not your amiego. Best example of Ego in love with itself (eloping): All wars and denial of any individuals creative process. Some would say free will was a good thing. I say no; did not go through enough proper R and D to let loose on the child human.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Tangerine
You interput my words different from my intentions when i wrote them. I do think you belong here but the constant theme of god does not exist that seems to come across from many in every thread in this particular forum does not belong. Again i encourage you to create threads discussing those topics in correct forum. I am not encouraging anyone report anything but stating that it is their right and also stating that i would do the same if i felt threatened by your out of place views. Anyhow here is something you and many others should read imo and i think it will leed to more positive debates here that are able to put more focus on the topics listed in the op's.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I read it. Fair enough. Note that part of the link says that discussion in this forum is to be about, among other things, "Religion - A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader."

My initial post was in response to someone claiming that Jesus said,".....". That implies that Jesus was a spiritual leader. I merely pointed out that the writer(s) of words attributed to Jesus did not live until multiple generations after Jesus allegedly lived and that there's no contemporaneous documentation proving that Jesus actually lived. In other words, the teachings attributed to a specific spiritual leader may not have come from him after all. I think that's very relevant to the above quote from ATS.

For the record, I have never said that God does not exist. You have mischaracterized my words. I said there is no evidence proving that God exists. There's a huge difference between those two things. I think it's very important when discussing religion to keep in mind that we're talking about beliefs not facts. As I have repeatedly stated in many threads, I have no problem with people stating their beliefs. A problem arises when they state those beliefs as facts.

As for the thread topic, "Do you want GOD'S intervention?", I'll state again that that depends on the nature of God. I don't know we can possibly discuss the nature of God without raising the topic of existence. I've noticed that it's rare to find even two Christians in these threads who agree about the nature of God. Perhaps if you all agreed about the nature of God, it would be easier for you to make a collective coherent argument about any of a number of issues. I don't see that happening. Do you?

I see Christians picking and choosing sentences from a massive book to support their individual perceptions that can easily be contradicted by someone else picking and choosing different sentences from the same massive book. A Hindu, for example, could quote from a Hindu holy book to contradict another Hindu or a Christian. In the end, it comes down to personal beliefs and nothing else. For that reason, I find it far more interesting when people simply discuss their own beliefs and not attribute them to the beliefs of someone else that happened to be written down.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

'Intervention' is inevitable...
As repositiories for the little flame, intervention is always occuring through the auspices of free will. The gift in action...

A grand reversal in result is effected by a grand demonstration of free will - either way...as a gift, and being free, there is no requirement to effect it positively or negatively by any denomination or way of thinking...understand that mechanism and things change around you (regardless of what you believe) because it is lesson #1, is the reason to continue to inhabit the atomic slime suit...to make things right...
Å99

Free will is always intervening (that PESKY mute) it thinks it knows something (Ego based) and won't surrender (way outside its bounds of just keeping the body alive; chose this or that or be consumed by others). Kill the Ego; it is not your amiego. Best example of Ego in love with itself (eloping): All wars and denial of any individuals creative process. Some would say free will was a good thing. I say no; did not go through enough proper R and D to let loose on the child human.

I must commit to memory 'Kill the ego - it's not your amigo'...ha ha ha...

Not R+D'd enough...I'm seeing it more as, single-player snookered scenario...one size doesn't fit all, and some have to make-do with the oversized ego - tripping over cuffs, and getting poked in the eye with thier own cufflinks, HannaBarbera style...intervention's for those with no ego dress-sense (either asking for it, or having it thrust upon them) "Max, we really need to speak about your ego"...What's that Resistance is Useless - might as well wear the gaffer-tape, repaired, horn-rimmed coke-bottle glasses, sandals, white socks and safari suit...Now, where did I put my ego...glad to see you are back VHB

Å99

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
originally posted by: veteranhumanbeing

akushla99:
'Intervention' is inevitable...As repositiories for the little flame, intervention is always occuring through the auspices of free will. The gift in action...A grand reversal in result is effected by a grand demonstration of free will - either way...as a gift, and being free, there is no requirement to effect it positively or negatively by any denomination or way of thinking...understand that mechanism and things change around you (regardless of what you believe) because it is lesson #1, is the reason to continue to inhabit the atomic slime suit...to make things right.Å99

VHB: Free will is always intervening (that PESKY mute) it thinks it knows something (Ego based) and won't surrender (way outside its bounds of just keeping the body alive; chose this or that or be consumed by others). Kill the Ego; it is not your amigo. Best example of Ego in love with itself (eloping): All wars and denial of any individuals creative process. Some would say free will was a good thing. I say no; did not go through enough proper R and D to let loose on the child human.

Akushla99: I must commit to memory 'Kill the ego - it's not your amigo'...ha ha ha.. Not R+D'd enough...I'm seeing it more as, single-player snookered scenario...one size doesn't fit all, and some have to make-do with the oversized ego - tripping over cuffs, and getting poked in the eye with thier own cufflinks, HannaBarbera style...intervention's for those with no ego dress-sense (either asking for it, or having it thrust upon them) "Max, we really need to speak about your ego"...What's that Resistance is Useless - might as well wear the gaffer-tape, repaired, horn-rimmed coke-bottle glasses, sandals, white socks and safari suit...Now, where did I put my ego...glad to see you are back VHB
Å99

Place this phrase on a Tee-shirt (one size fits all) and will take care of the single player snookered scenario. Dickensonian Lawyers is what I am reminded of, suits (worn by public servants) portraying/exhibiting shiny knees, rear ends and elbows, frayed cuffs and pant hems depicting the horrible state of pick-at-isms: solid state bureaucratic euphemisms pretending to be human defenders of the realm. Against this army of know it alls; resistance is useless unless you have Armani as your costumer/dresser. Where did I put my ego? hid it within my ID. Max, you really need to rethink your wardrobe thingy; you look like a zombie member of Napoleons army (RED is a big target to READ easily) with no war to fight (exiled years ago) and presumed dead.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Who woulda thunk it...gods have egos?...need reminding, cos the fog of 3d can be so distracting...small g, god may be too distracted to 'intervene'...the ego machinery needs its own separate manual to dismantle - but god needs to willingly seek it out at all good book stores, childrens' section preferably...strip away the hubris of adult/ego thinking (my, me, mine)...big worlds out there...intervention (because of machinery) is actively sought, or revealed...gotta see it!...or make up excuses for its revelation that produce puffs of more fog that are only good for blinding, creating new scenarios to replace the ones that are already there...

T-shirt is on its way!

Å99
edit on 8-12-2014 by akushla99 because: Speeling

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
That was the big G i referenced in the op.

3 pages and 3 flags but not one single YES

I take it that overall we are satisfied in our soiled diapers

carry on sinners and heathens

see you next round

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
That was the big G i referenced in the op.

3 pages and 3 flags but not one single YES

I take it that overall we are satisfied in our soiled diapers

carry on sinners and heathens

see you next round

More name calling from the christians? I never get tired of that.

My conscience is clear. Nobody wants your god around.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

As an atheist, I welcome the appearance of your god. I would guess that I would get far more out of it than the believers would, as they would simply be having faith rewarded and I would be staring at an entirely new direction for science to finally study.

As an atheist you have a BELIEF system based/geared upon that which you deny; your basis of revolt against "God" is the driving force. So there is enough substance to "a God aspect" you must have enough value for to revolt against. How can this be, seems a great irony. I would think a better atheist would hate flowers, or bees (now that is a tangible ecosystem observed); too easy to pick apart the intangible faiths of others. Your 'value base' seems skewed or prejudiced.

Oh look. Here is another christian seething with hate for the unbeliever. Hey. We dont hate your god. We dont believe your claim that any god is real and or talks to you. I mean, its not like there is a big pile of evidence that we are denying. It is just your intangible faith, which is very easy to tear apart. Not my fault that you believe in intangible gods. Please tell us that you understand the dif. Because you would be the first. Did you "revolt against Santa when you found out he wasnt real? Or did you just stop pretending he was bringing you things? Why would a better atheist hate flowers and bees? Oh wait i get it. You dont know what your talking about. And why are you so angry? Oh yea...... You dont know what your talking about. Does that make life difficult for you? I imagine it does.
edit on 9-12-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Oh look. Here is another christian seething with hate for the unbeliever. Hey. We dont hate your god. We dont believe your claim that any god is real and or talks to you. I mean, its not like there is a big pile of evidence that we are denying. It is just your intangible faith, which is very easy to tear apart. Not my fault that you believe in intangible gods. Please tell us that you understand the dif. Because you would be the first. Did you "revolt against Santa when you found out he wasnt real? Or did you just stop pretending he was bringing you things? Why would a better atheist hate flowers and bees? Oh wait i get it. You dont know what your talking about. And why are you so angry? Oh yea...... You dont know what your talking about. Does that make life difficult for you? I imagine it does.

MY God?!! Don't blame or pin that idea form albatross on me. I am "HERE" in this place and time existing JUST as an observer (well, a player in the game) that understands that to have a belief system (even atheism) hinges upon something that is usually the polarized opposite of: (an outraged response to a frequency you don't resonate with and in deep genuineness heart felt I'm certain). OH LOOK!, what is it/does it mean to not have a 'belief system'. Can you find the definition for me? (I will print it on a Tee-shirt). ALL Belief systems including Atheism are false. I have no false faith; because I have no belief system. Why would life be difficult?; why would YOU; a complete stranger sit in judgment of me; like a starving Harpy having to continually remind in the abstract; to anyone that will listen: a pointing out of the VERY best qualities of worthlessness. If only you had a small tented grand stand at a local carnival' I might pay the 5 cent entry fee for the privilege of laughing at your bluster; perceived notions of the LOST faithful moronic human.
edit on 9-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
God is not a kind being... He controls everything in the universe and everyone. There is no free will. That's what the Cross on Jesus symbolizes. Being strung up and turned into a puppet. Because of him I've been molested, date raped, assaulted, robbed, mutilated etc. If an almighty being truly exists it's not about love but rather evol/evil.

I'm not sure I would welcome any kind of intervention from it. He'd probably spank humanity with a blowtorch.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Did you "revolt against Santa when you found out he wasnt real? Or did you just stop pretending he was bringing you things?

Wonderful! May I use that? It's so apt and seasonal.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

What kind of veil did you mean? There are obviously several mentionings in the bible.
To follow your thread it would be nice to know which verse you refer to.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick
YES

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

akushla99: Who woulda thunk it...gods have egos?...need reminding, cos the fog of 3d can be so distracting...small g, god : may be too distracted to 'intervene'...the ego machinery needs its own separate manual to dismantle - but god needs to willingly seek it out at all good book stores, childrens' section preferably...strip away the hubris of adult/ego thinking (my, me, mine)...big worlds out there...intervention (because of machinery) is actively sought, or revealed...gotta see it!...or make up excuses for its revelation that produce puffs of more fog that are only good for blinding, creating new scenarios to replace the ones that are already there...

T-shirt is on its way!
Å99

"The T-shirt is on its way!" I am going to keep this phrase to add emphasis to any profound statement I make (WHO NEEDS THE EXCLAIMATION POINT) (or as backup a strong guitar chord strummed) would also suffice. Gods have egos; poster children for our attempt at mimicking. God the 'biggy" IS too self consumed to pay attention to the details (its children US the latchkey forgotten ones). I like the fog, its interesting London (the petri dish for all civilization) is cloaked 24/7 in it (probably why their EYEBALL CCTV is as pervasive as it is; trying to see between the water molecules); the universe is doing something wrong and we will catch it on camera; creating or overlaying new paranoid scenarios; but for some reason we cannot get to the point of the compulsion to do so; WATCH *maybe they will catch God in the act of pinching a fat cats pocket watch*.
edit on 9-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

"WATCH *maybe they will catch God in the act of pinching a fat cats pocket watch*."

...and what a conundrum that will be, just for the fun of it - someone will want to 'intervene' on God...round-table, brainstorm sessions...furrowed brows, pencil tapping, exasperated sighs - we will then have created a rock God cannot lift...(or the GodCCTV will have recorded it all for the christmas party entertainment)...catch22...

Perhaps not...the corporation will survive another year, CEO will do the back-room deals, managers will tow/toe the party line and pass the MO onto the workers who will question whether the CEO knows what it's doing, and whether it should intervene - or ask, from inside a fishbowl, whether we want the CEO to intervene - when they wouldn't be there to ask the question in the first place without Its brilliant brainwave of an idea, to create an idea, that questions the idea...

Pilot to bombardier...

A99

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
MY God?!! Don't blame or pin that idea form albatross on me. I am "HERE" in this place and time existing JUST as an observer (well, a player in the game) that understands that to have a belief system (even atheism) hinges upon something that is usually the polarized opposite of: (an outraged response to a frequency you don't resonate with and in deep genuineness heart felt I'm certain). OH LOOK!, what is it/does it mean to not have a 'belief system'. Can you find the definition for me? (I will print it on a Tee-shirt). ALL Belief systems including Atheism are false. I have no false faith; because I have no belief system. Why would life be difficult?; why would YOU; a complete stranger sit in judgment of me; like a starving Harpy having to continually remind in the abstract; to anyone that will listen: a pointing out of the VERY best qualities of worthlessness. If only you had a small tented grand stand at a local carnival' I might pay the 5 cent entry fee for the privilege of laughing at your bluster; perceived notions of the LOST faithful moronic human.

Hey, you were finally accused of being a Christian…congratulations, nice going, welcome to the clubhouse lol…

But wait…Your not an Agnostic (between the lines judgement call) your not a Athiest, and you have no Belief System…!!!

Man, the Riddle of the Sphinx, ain’t got nothing on this…

Let me guess - Since the accident, things have never been quite the same…? lol

No; let me guess again – You were raised by a pack of wolves, in the wilderness…? lol

No wait, there has to be an easier solution…

I think this could be it…

You can go your own way
Go your own way
You can call it
Another lonely day
You can go your own way
Go your own way

- JC

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
originally posted by: Joecroft
a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

JC: Hey, you were finally accused of being a Christian…congratulations, nice going, welcome to the clubhouse lol.

I have no idea how that happened but I will play along (may have remotely felt to be backed into a corner); and there then a primal truth exposes itself.

JC: But wait…Your not an Agnostic (between the lines judgement call) your not a Athiest, and you have no Belief System…!!!
Man, the Riddle of the Sphinx, ain’t got nothing on this.

Absolutely unequivocally not a fence sitter (where do these people get off; as in what side of the agnostic fence will they drop). Has to happen eventually; lacking food or water; and those eternal/infernal harpies diving at their unmade up minds/ heads. I don't think its in ones best interest to go through life confused.

JC Let me guess - Since the accident, things have never been quite the same?

That last trip to the mother of expoding Land of Mines/MINDs CAMBODIA thread did not affect me at all. Walking through fields of thought mines left by Pol Pot that could serious trip one up and spoil a great sightseeing tour? The pressure was on; don't step there (always in the back of the mind/mine SIDESTEPPING the inevitable explosion). So NO! to that question (Strumming a chord in E minor).

JC: I think this could be it…

You can go your own way
Go your own way
You can call it
Another lonely day
You can go your own way
Go your own way

- JC

I have that CD, an old favorite. Smiles all around. I think this was a song written about God (or its abandoned children).
Belief systems have no thing on 'faith'.
edit on 10-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

"WATCH *maybe they will catch God in the act of pinching a fat cats pocket watch*."

...and what a conundrum that will be, just for the fun of it - someone will want to 'intervene' on God...round-table, brainstorm sessions...furrowed brows, pencil tapping, exasperated sighs - we will then have created a rock God cannot lift...(or the GodCCTV will have recorded it all for the christmas party entertainment)...catch22...

Perhaps not...the corporation will survive another year, CEO will do the back-room deals, managers will tow/toe the party line and pass the MO onto the workers who will question whether the CEO knows what it's doing, and whether it should intervene - or ask, from inside a fishbowl, whether we want the CEO to intervene - when they wouldn't be there to ask the question in the first place without Its brilliant brainwave of an idea, to create an idea, that questions the idea...

Pilot to bombardier...

A99

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join