It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver student protesters cheered when car struck officer, union official says

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Just to give you and update... the local news reported that 4 officers were struck... the one who was dragged under the car remains in critical condition a second officer is in serious but stable. One other officer was treated and released while the fourth just walked off his minor injuries.

Last night they were saying the 'Accident' was the result of a possible medical condition by the driver.

as for the student protesters cheered when car struck officer(s) were struck... these are probably the same kind of people who cheer when the see a NASCAR wreak in TV. unless one of the kids got hit, then it would be another clear case of police brutally.

Damn idiot kids...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: UnBreakable

No, all I'm saying is someday they will need a cop, and I only hope they're met with the same level of derision when they're hurting.

Given the current state of LEOs, I am sure your wish will come true. Maybe the cop will shoot their dog, too.

And I hope the cops laugh their asses off after they waste the dog.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

This is actually a terrifying sentiment and why we need our police officers to be held to the highest standards. If a cop ever laughed his ass off after killing a dog, regardless of whether or not it was justified, that person should be immediately removed from active duty and given a full psych workup.

A -person- shouldn't have that type of behavior let alone a person responsible for upholding the law.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

No wonder the USA is falling apart................

"Land of the free" My arse.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
As long as the "good cops" stand by silently, and don't speak out en masse against the excessive force and violence used against the public, they are just as guilty as the bad cops. And this is the reaction you're going to get more and more as this continues unabated. Especially when there are no indictments, and the media is having a full blown circus right now.

I'm just waiting for some nut case vigilante(s) to start killing cops, thinking(in his twisted way) he's doing us all a favor. I hope the hell I'm wrong about that, though.

Not to get off topic, but you can replace any group in your reply then.
"As long as the "good Muslims" stand by silently, and don't speak out en masse against the excessive force and violence used against the public, they are just as guilty as the bad Muslims""
edit on 5-12-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Were these Denver students the same students that the police pepper sprayed the other year ?

If so then I would cheer too if I was one of them

originally posted by: crazyewok

No wonder the USA is falling apart................

"Land of the free" My arse.

The American dream is all it ever will be to 99% of the population, just a dream, stick and carrot that many debt slaves have learned to see past.
edit on 5-12-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Running people over is baaad, mmmkay.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

"As long as the "good Muslims" stand by silently, and don't speak out en masse against the excessive force and violence used against the public, they are just as guilty as the bad Muslims""

"Muslims" aren't public servants that are charged with protecting the peace.

Police should be held to a higher standard than the average citizenry.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

You're going to blame this on the teachers? Wow, I guess teachers can now control what comes out of a student's mouth! If you've never been in a high school environment, than you have no idea how difficult it is to control students when they have absolutely no consequences.

Most young people today are mean spirited, and don't have any respect or consideration for people. They feel like their entitled and they don't fear their parents, or the police. Nothing like turning this incident of student bad behavior and a lack of morals and respect, into a teacher bashing thread.

edit on 5-12-2014 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

This is actually a terrifying sentiment and why we need our police officers to be held to the highest standards. If a cop ever laughed his ass off after killing a dog, regardless of whether or not it was justified, that person should be immediately removed from active duty and given a full psych workup.

A -person- shouldn't have that type of behavior let alone a person responsible for upholding the law.

Of course this ISN"T my true sentiment, it was done tongue-in-cheek. I said this as a reply to a post to demonstrate tit-for-tat at the protesting high school punks laughing at the police who got hit by a car. What's sad is that someday one of these kids might become a cop who laughs at killing dogs because they have no true moral compass, kind of like when they grew up laughing at cops who got hit by a car.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

Police should be held to a

What makes you think police officers are charged with protecting the peace?
Their real job is catch criminals after the commission of a crime then present said baddie to the judicial system for punishment...

Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981) is an oft-quoted[2] District of Columbia Court of Appeals case that held that the police did not owe a specific duty to provide police services to the plaintiffs based on the public duty doctrine.

their job has nothing to do with protecting anyone... they exist to catch bad guys... anything else they do, they do for the sake of good PR... but that is not part of their primary job description

As for the higher standard than the average citizenry... they have one... it's called the rules for use of deadly force.

people really need to stop thinking of them as some kind of warm and fuzzy Andy Griffith and Don Knotts kind of easy going down home folks. Their not there to protect and serve they are there to apprehend the bad guys, end of story

edit on 5-12-2014 by NoTouching because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Of course this ISN"T my true sentiment, it was done tongue-in-cheek. I said this as a reply to a post to demonstrate tit-for-tat at the protesting high school punks laughing at the police who got hit by a car. What's sad is that someday one of these kids might become a cop who laughs at killing dogs because they have no true moral compass, kind of like when they grew up laughing at cops who got hit by a car.

Pretty big leaps you're making.

It sounds like there isn't really anything wrong with their moral compass.

They were at a protest against police brutality.
They witnessed the police being brutalized, saw an ironic moment, and laughed.

Sounds like they are morally centered, whether or not we agree with them, they haven't swayed from their derision of police. Sounds like a moral compass pointing in one direction to me.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Police should be held to a higher standard than the average citizenry.

Oh, and here I thought murdering an innocent was a standard that applied to everyone, not just cops.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Pretty big leaps you're making.

It sounds like there isn't really anything wrong with their moral compass.

They were at a protest against police brutality.

They witnessed the police being brutalized, saw an ironic moment, and laughed.

Sounds like they are morally centered, whether or not we agree with them, they haven't swayed from their derision of police. Sounds like a moral compass pointing in one direction to me.

So, according to you, laughing at someone who is critically injured is the sign of a correct moral compass. I'm glad I don't know people like you.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoTouching
a reply to: AgentShillington

Police should be held to a

What makes you think police officers are charged with protecting the peace?
Their real job is catch criminals after the commission of a crime then present said baddie to the judicial system for punishment...

Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981) is an oft-quoted[2] District of Columbia Court of Appeals case that held that the police did not owe a specific duty to provide police services to the plaintiffs based on the public duty doctrine.

their job has nothing to do with protecting anyone... they exist to catch bad guys... anything else they do, they do for the sake of good PR... but that is not part of their primary job description

As for the higher standard than the average citizenry... they have one... it's called the rules for use of deadly force.

people really need to stop thinking of them as some kind of warm and fuzzy Andy Griffith and Don Knotts kind of easy going down home folks. Their not there to protect and serve they are there to apprehend the bad guys, end of story

Yes they do. They have a sworn duty to "Protect the Peace" not to "Protect Individual Citizens".

That is the distinction made in Warren v. District of Columbia.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I dont see where you geniuses are getting that "these teachers brought these students to a protest", even Fox news article says some teachers are discouraging them going, not one word about any encouragement or teachers physically leading a protest.

Blanket police hate has been brought on by the police themselves. It's wrong to hate someone for what they cannot change, like their race or sex, but to judge for ones actions is exactly what people should do. I couldn't imagine wanting to become a cop at this time. I wouldn't want to wear the same uniform as people who murder without consequence then giggle and wave to the camera.

Police have literally become a street gang, nothing more. Other than the fact that they're paid with tax money and they've got plenty of people fooled into thinking they're the "good guys", even though there's plenty of incidents to prove otherwise. You'll denounce when a gangbanger does something illegal, but if a cop does it oh well he's wearing a badge guess it's cool. Let them continue to rape, steal, and murder they must be doing it for the right reasons, i mean they ARE police after all.

Drives me nuts that people can't see past the badge to what their actions are, then badmouth people who do.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Did I say I agreed with their morality? I just stated that it doesn't seem to be without compass. They -are- being directed in their actions in a manner that is consistent with their protests. Is it in good taste? I don't think so, but then again I dont think a lot of what teens do is in good taste.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Just who was the innocent your talking about???
Surely not Michael Brown...

Shooting

At 11:51 a.m. on August 9, 2014, a convenience store security camera captured video of Brown taking a $48 box of cigarillos and physically assaulting and intimidating a convenience store clerk.[30][31] A police dispatcher reported a "stealing in progress" at 11:53, and at 11:57 dispatch said the suspect was wearing a red Cardinals hat, a white T-shirt, yellow socks, and khaki shorts, and was accompanied by another man. At noon, Wilson radioed to ask other officers searching for the suspects if they needed him and was told by dispatch that they had disappeared.[32]

At 12:01 p.m., Wilson drove up to Brown and Johnson in the middle of Canfield Drive and ordered them to move off the street and onto the sidewalk. Wilson continued driving past the two men, but then backed up and stopped close to them,[6][33][34][35][36] after realizing that Brown matched the description of the robbery suspect, according to Wilson.[37] Dispatch recordings indicate that Wilson called for backup at 12:02, saying "[Unit] 21. Put me on Canfield with two. And send me another car."[32]

A struggle took place between Brown and Wilson through the window of the police SUV, a Chevrolet Tahoe.[38] Wilson's gun was fired twice during the struggle, with one bullet hitting Brown's arm while it was inside the vehicle.[38] In his testimony to the grand jury, Wilson said that he "felt like a 5-year-old holding onto Hulk Hogan" while he attempted to restrain Brown when he reached through his police car window.[25]

Brown and Johnson fled and Johnson hid behind a car.[39] Wilson got out of the vehicle and pursued Brown. Blood on the ground supports statements that Brown continued to move closer toward Wilson after being hit by a number of bullets.[11] At some point, Wilson fired his gun again, with at least six shots striking Brown in the front,[6] fatally wounding him. Brown was unarmed.[38][40]

Less than 90 seconds passed from the time Wilson encountered Brown to the time of Brown's death.[41][42]

Lot's of folks came forward and testified to the grand jury supporting officer Wilson's version of events.
There was no hate crime here, no racial profiling... the officer had a suspect in a crime... brown resisted and lost his life as a result... It was Alfred Charles "Al" Sharpton, Jr who turned it into the circus's that its become.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NoTouching

I should have been more specific. I did not think Michael Brown was innocent, he brought on his own demise. I agreed with no indictment. I don't agree with the Garner decision as it was on video and he appeared not to be an immediate threat to warrant a chokehold. I think there appeared to be enough probable cause to warrant a trial. I was addressing the generalized tone of some on here that think that white cops killing a black is an automatic unjustified, racially motivated murder.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Just goes to show you how advanced psychological warfare is nowadays. They simply plant a MEME (cultural mind virus GROUP THINK) into the targeted populace and the masses do all the work.

The key to disabling the Hegelian Dialectic...which they( the powers that be) use ALWAYS and never veer from this model is to take out the middle part "REACTION"......Problem and Solution dry up and blow away.

Takes great spiritual advancement to not REACT however.

Like i have always said....Its not so much that the powers that be that call the shots are all that smart and powerful as it is the majority of the populace is so stupid and spiritually weakened.

I'm not right....I'm righteous which is a whole lot deeper and broader and has nothing to do with religion

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join