It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver student protesters cheered when car struck officer, union official says

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I love how I see so many here on ATS bashing police at every chance they get. Usually the same names come up every time. I would say by many of their posts on how much they hate cops, they're probably criminals, (or possibly former) who are pissed off that they were caught. Yet like the effin idiots they are, they blame everybody else but themselves for their behavior.

Not PC enough for ya? Tough!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
If so what is wrong with your teachers?

Tinker v Des Moines. That pesky thing called the constitution.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
Not at all. But we see plenty of examples of criminals from certain segments of society seemingly getting away with all sorts of things, and many forgive them because of their supposed status but when a few cops go bad, every one paints ALL LEOs with the same broad brush. Kind of hypocritical, don't you think?

Out of over a 100,000 LEOs in this country, a few that are bad makes them all bad? Give me a break. Even I know that not all blacks are drug dealers and thugs, not all Hispanics are illegals, etc, etc. Sheesh!

A criminal is a criminal in my book. I don't care what the their status, color of skin or ideology is.

No. It is not hypocritical.

Not. At. All.

If we are going to be calling our police officers "Heroes", then we should demand that they be held to higher standards than we do for the rest of the citizenry.

When you are 4 times more likely to be the victim of domestic abuse if your spouse is a police officer, and when states like Utah have 15% of all homicides committed by police officers, there is a problem with standards not being high enough for who we trust to protect and serve.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

Yes it is. You obviously didn't read my entire post.

Like I said, a criminal is a criminal. But I think if a cop is a criminal, they should be put in the general populace in prison with twice the normal sentence because they should know better. That alone would probably help raise the standards.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Not really that much different than the cop that was caught on tape saying that the police can't unrape you.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Not really that much different than the cop that was caught on tape saying that the police can't unrape you.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: UnBreakable

It would be neat when these high school delinquent protesters need a cop after being robbed or stabbed or hit by a car themselves, the responding cop will laugh at them. Karma's a bitch.

Is it the kids' job to be supporting of police?

Is it the cop's job to respond to reports of a crime?

If the cop can't do his job without the odd bit of adulation and fawning, maybe it's new job time.

No, all I'm saying is someday they will need a cop, and I only hope they're met with the same level of derision when they're hurting. Nowhere did I say anything about adulation or fawning. Just because you obviously have an anti-cop agenda.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Boo-hoo, officer. You're a grown man, you chose your profession. People are going to resent you, because you have a little badge that gives you extra rights. You're going to have to come to terms with that, or maybe seek out a more honorable line of work. I recommend fireman. You still get a spiffy uniform, but people won't hate you for it.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Yes it is. You obviously didn't read my entire post.

Like I said, a criminal is a criminal. But I think if a cop is a criminal, they should be put in the general populace in prison with twice the normal sentence because they should know better. That alone would probably help raise the standards.

I read your entire post.

The Blue Line is hard to break. If cops aren't speaking up, they are part of the problem, and cops don't speak up.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I blame both the bad cops and the citizens whom espouse blanket hatred.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

No, all I'm saying is someday they will need a cop, and I only hope they're met with the same level of derision when they're hurting.

Given the current state of LEOs, I am sure your wish will come true. Maybe the cop will shoot their dog, too.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The bigger problem is Blame

1: Cops are there to uphold the Law, they should absolutely be able to use force to uphold the Law

2: Black people are mad because they feel that the Law is unfair and leads to people who don't deserve it getting killed.

3: Cops are defending their own in exactly the same manner as Black people are

hrmmmm

so where in does the problem lay? with the Crazy Laws, which means in theory the Cops and the Black community should be on the same side and seeing to it that the Laws themselves are changed and that takes political action

I'm a white guy in my 40's the Laws are retarded, I am not profiled, I am not that young yet I still deal with it to a point I might cheer too even though I know that the real problem is way above the heads here.

I'm on like 25 years of hiding when I smoke a doobie, I can't go out at night and walk in the street with a beer, If I get pulled over it will likely be by an intimidating force of 2-3 cop cars, I fly anywhere i'm always a random stop away from loosing my anal virginity, the war on drugs leaves my kid at nearly as much if not more risk of harm as any one else, why?because of the damn gangs, so black people have the cops, but my white teenage son goes into the hood to get an 1/8th or something and he might get shot by a dealer for being white, same crap if you ask me... I can't throw a small party at my home because "noise" and get treated like a teenager if I do, going out means getting home and the entrapment end of duis mean at worst risking my life because they make you leave at 2:00 am to prey on you where I live a cab ups the cost of leaving the house by 60 bucks which is ridiculous and public transpo is closed at 11:00... Cops come to my house for any reason I have to fear for my dogs life, just a month or two back my Mexican neighbors were raided by immigration for no real reason and they came out in 5 Trucks with body armor and assault rifles which if shooting starts could see me dead in my bed for no reason... there is of course the whole thing where they have Tanks... If I slam a car door while fighting with my wife I can get a DV or just for yelling or saying something stupid which pretty much means white guys every where are arrested and labeled violent with hurting no one and are financially extorted for a couple of decades for huge sums of money instead of being dads which is both an economy and child destroyer...

So i'm less likely to be shot by a cop... parts of my life still blow and cost ridiculous money because of these bs laws and fuel a society i'm not safe in from other directions

Address the real issue, why are White kids anti cop? because the rules they enforce are mentally retarded that's why

Who does that?

Politicians...

The chant shouldn't be "burn it down" it should be "Throw them out" and they other 75% of people that don't vote should stop freaking blocking streets and just do it!

Who the hell made selling a few cigarettes on a corner a serious enough crime to have to bring a guy to the floor? Who turned the inner cities into gang zones where the cops are paranoid about well armed thugs other than the people behind the war on drugs? Who provides funds for dui check points rather than public transportation, whose idea is that that 9 yr olds can be arrested for push fights or that saying "bad words" is an arrest able "Threat" or any minor altercation is a felony or having a drink in a paper bag is crime or a dog can just be shot?

Mothers against being alive and their Lobby money among many others?

It's not the cops, it's their masters

We used to be allowed to have fun, insurance companies don't want anyone to get hurt, companies never want you to miss work, States want to profit off of citations, Law enforcement wants money and power...

Vote them ALL out, vote and vote independent, go to the source

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

You are right, I shouldn't be allowed to be upset with all the blanket hate I receive, my car and house being egged, flicked off when I drive down the street, and the physical threats my family and I have received.

By the way I am searching for different employment, but not because it is a dishonorable job.

edit on 5-12-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

I read your entire post.

The Blue Line is hard to break. If cops aren't speaking up, they are part of the problem, and cops don't speak up.

A bit Off Topic, but I believe that the Blue Line is so hard to break mainly because of it's Unions. They're just as bad as the Teachers Unions and many other larger ones. They keep many bad cops and teachers and so forth on the job when those individuals should have been canned or even jailed.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The students kind of defeated the whole purpose of their protest.
The officers that got hit may have been some of the "good" police who have never done anything unethical or corrupt in the line of duty.

Judging all police by the actions of few is no different than the police judging all blacks by the actions of a few or judging all teenagers by the actions of a few.

In fact I`ll go so far as to say that the kids who were laughing and cheering have the same twisted thought processes as police officers who see nothing wrong with choke holding people.

Hopefully when those kids grow up they will realize how foolish it is to judge an entire group of people by the actions of a few.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP
How about teaching their students to stand up for what's right and about the world

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: UnBreakable

Actually a dozen of em were hit in Milwaukee in a hit and run. No hell broke loose. Driver was not even charged after being found. They arent going to protect us why should we care to protect them?

You need a serious realignment of your moral compass, that is, if you even have one.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

A bit Off Topic, but I believe that the Blue Line is so hard to break mainly because of it's Unions. They're just as bad as the Teachers Unions and many other larger ones. They keep many bad cops and teachers and so forth on the job when those individuals should have been canned or even jailed.

I think it has little to do with labor unions as we see manifestations of the Blue Line crop up in countries that don't even have unionized policing. It has more to do with fraternity, the brotherhood type of bond that happens when you are often times depending on the skills of others to keep you safe. If they can't depend on you to keep your mouth shut, how can you depend on them to have your back?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

There is that as well. But try walking a mile in their shoes. I get that bond as I used to be a Soldier. Gang members often display the same behavior. It's pretty much all over the place.

Politics
Sports
etc, etc...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

There is that as well. But try walking a mile in their shoes. I get that bond as I used to be a Soldier. Gang members often display the same behavior. It's pretty much all over the place.

Politics
Sports
etc, etc...

No. I do not want to walk a mile in their shoes, having to work with and rely on people that I flat out know are criminals, without any form of protection for myself if I blow the whistle on it. However, that having been said, police officers should be held to a higher standard than politicians, athletes, and gang members.

Soldiers don't tend to interact with the civilian population in any type of meaningful way in regards to their active duty assignments, as outlined in the constitution, so Im not going to comment on that until it becomes an issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join