It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver student protesters cheered when car struck officer, union official says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Denver high School students in Colorado reacted in disrespectful ways when four bicycle officers were struck by an automobile at the end of Wednesday’s protests, the Denver Police Protective Association said.

The Denver Post reports students chanted, “Hit him again,” after the officer was struck.

The students were mainly marching in support of people protesting the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown

Students were heard chanting and cheering after the officers were hit. Teachers looked on and did not intervene while the students chanted, Fox31 Denver reports.

Denver student protesters cheered when car struck officer, union official says

More bad protestors.
This time high school students from Denver.
Being as most are underage to actually vote yet, or grow hair on their chins, I am going to place most of the blame on their teachers who must be of the liberal militant family of fundamentalists judging by this behavior.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

How shocking! Except not at all. I'm sure some on here will be cheering, too.

link   

That's just awful. No matter what they why they were protesting of from what ideological background they are... you don't wish a potential death upon others, or at least cheer at the idea a person might get (very) wounded.

When you protest, aren't you voicing something on ethics, something you deem right? But then you shouldn't forsake your own humanity.

link   
The students who cheered need to be schooled. Then again, the data about all teenagers being psychopaths because of the state of brain development excuses this just fine, as well as proving the point.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
The students who cheered need to be schooled. Then again, the data about all teenagers being psychopaths because of the state of brain development excuses this just fine, as well as proving the point.

Ya, what gets me is the teachers stood by proudly not saying anything. The students must have been performing exactly as they were trained to think by these enabler handlers of our children.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Oh relax. I live in Denver. It was an accident (the car hitting the officers), had nothing to do with the protest, who cares what some kids said? They would laugh at any 4 spandex wearing grown men on bikes.

Seriously though - i was there, people laughed about it. No big deal. What do you want the teachers to do? Censor their free speech?

I'd rather they look on like that did. Denver aint NYC sorry we still have a few rights.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
And none of the cops were even hurt bad...simple accident.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
What are taxpayer funded public school employees doing sending their students to protests?
This is sickening in so many ways.
Your tax money at work again.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Oh relax. I live in Denver. It was an accident (the car hitting the officers), had nothing to do with the protest, who cares what some kids said? They would laugh at any 4 spandex wearing grown men on bikes.

Seriously though - i was there, people laughed about it. No big deal. What do you want the teachers to do? Censor their free speech?

I'd rather they look on like that did. Denver aint NYC sorry we still have a few rights.

Your post is just another form of cheering someone getting hit by a moving vehicle.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

And none of the cops were even hurt bad...simple accident.

Ok reverse it, cop car hits black bicyclers and high school students cheer as teachers look on silently.......your reaction?
edit on 5-12-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
But God forbid one of the protesters who are blocking streets, bridges, or tunnels get hit, all hell will break loose.
edit on 5-12-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Cool. It was actually a funny spectacle. Even saw on of then poor 'hit' officers crack a grin. Also, the protest was for Gardner not Brown.... Why would we protest Brown the day of the Gardner non indictment?

Also, why can the police ride their bikes down busy downtown roads closed to bike traffic for civillians?

Shoulda took their own advice!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Apparently your reading comprehension skills are not up to par because the article specifically states the students chanted, "hit him again."

One of the officers was also critically injured. He required six hours of surgery.

Both not cool.

I work in a school as a school resource officer and it doesn't surprise me though.

The anti police rhetoric is extreme right now. Especially among high school students.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Actually a dozen of em were hit in Milwaukee in a hit and run. No hell broke loose. Driver was not even charged after being found. They arent going to protect us why should we care to protect them?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Cool. It was actually a funny spectacle. Even saw on of then poor 'hit' officers crack a grin. Also, the protest was for Gardner not Brown.... Why would we protest Brown the day of the Gardner non indictment?

Also, why can the police ride their bikes down busy downtown roads closed to bike traffic for civillians?

Shoulda took their own advice!

So you were there as one of these students?
If so what is wrong with your teachers?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

a reply to: UnBreakable

Actually a dozen of em were hit in Milwaukee in a hit and run. No hell broke loose. Driver was not even charged after being found. They arent going to protect us why should we care to protect them?

why didn't you just say this first? woulda saved several comments/posts, as this shows your real opinion on the matter.

that being said, I think it's awesome that you find cars hitting people so funny. especially given that you're blatantly trying to change the story to minimize it and justify the reaction.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

High schoolers are anti anything structured. I just do not see the big deal over what some barely pubesent kids were saying. If the 30 and 40 somethings of this generation would care enough about anything to get up off their asses they could chant whatever they please.

Try not to choke out a white kid at your school - you may get fired.

I can clearly see i am losing here. I just find the sensationalism of everything right now ridiculous.

I ask again - what would you have had the teachers do? Sick the cops on them for some curb chewing?

Beauty of free speech..

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The story? I saw it mate. I didnt read about it on Fox.

But yea, youre right about my feelings so ill give ya that one.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

a reply to: TorqueyThePig

High schoolers are anti anything structured. I just do not see the big deal over what some barely pubesent kids were saying. If the 30 and 40 somethings of this generation would care enough about anything to get up off their asses they could chant whatever they please.

Try not to choke out a white kid at your school - you may get fired.

I can clearly see i am losing here. I just find the sensationalism of everything right now ridiculous.

I ask again - what would you have had the teachers do? Sick the cops on them for some curb chewing?

Beauty of free speech..

For starters the teachers should not bring them there in the first place. That is a responsibility for a parent, not a tax funded employee of the government.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Exactly.

That right there is further empirical evidence of the blanket police hate I was speaking of.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join