It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stormy undershirt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Just my freshly washed undershirtcaught in some interesting natural lighting situation and slightly photoshopped.

Camera used is an old Nokia N73 (2005 model) in close up mode that's why it's grainy. Actually, this is an old photo I did some photoshopping just now.

I thought it looked like a rogue wave in a stormy sea. I have a fear of large waves at sea and being chased by tornadoes but I also find them so beautiful.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Quite a beautiful shot
Nice work, and I agree it evokes fluid waves.

It reminded me very much of Zaria Forman's pastel artwork.

I love her careful control of colour and shading, perhaps you can try a few more shots with that material and make a mini portfolio of them, they would make nice backgrounds.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys

Quite a beautiful shot
Nice work, and I agree it evokes fluid waves.

It reminded me very much of Zaria Forman's pastel artwork.

I love her careful control of colour and shading, perhaps you can try a few more shots with that material and make a mini portfolio of them, they would make nice backgrounds.

Thanks! I agree the shades of color and the mixing of grayscale and full color work of Ms Zaria is eerily similar.

Now that's some real work by Zaria! Mine only took a few minutes to make.

I did a recolor Mr Van Gogh's painting with similar shades of grayscale and full color here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is weird because this is the first time I saw her work, I did the same mix of grayscale (black and white) and full color shading in the same artwork. Really eerie.... I did the recolor and a few other similar gloomy artworks a week before my dog died suddenly without warning. It's ironic that the painting of Mr Van Gogh I used is one of his last, weeks before he died.

If you found my artwork a bit gloomy is that I'm still sad from the loss.
edit on 5-12-2014 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I'm sorry for your sudden loss of your best pal. I have my two little 'fuzzy buddies' next to me snoozing away a rainy summers morning and am dreading the day I lose one. The re-colour of Van Gogh I loved, gloomy yes a bit maybe. But quite evocative, perhaps even somewhat hopeful? I suppose that depends on whether the colour is returning, or being washed away. Either way, it brings conflicting moods for - a thoughtful piece indeed. Well done

Glad you enjoyed Zaria's work, your shades of teal and cyan and dark greens, and light filtering through just captured motion so beautifully which is incredible seeing as it's material. I love how from a distance it is a real wave, but on close examination it's a static fabric. Anyway, keep posting your art

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys

I'm sorry for your sudden loss of your best pal. I have my two little 'fuzzy buddies' next to me snoozing away a rainy summers morning and am dreading the day I lose one. The re-colour of Van Gogh I loved, gloomy yes a bit maybe. But quite evocative, perhaps even somewhat hopeful? I suppose that depends on whether the colour is returning, or being washed away. Either way, it brings conflicting moods for - a thoughtful piece indeed. Well done

Glad you enjoyed Zaria's work, your shades of teal and cyan and dark greens, and light filtering through just captured motion so beautifully which is incredible seeing as it's material. I love how from a distance it is a real wave, but on close examination it's a static fabric. Anyway, keep posting your art

The day she died, I wasn't aware, I was far away in the middle east but I had a vivid dream of her the same day she died. I found her in the same place I always dreamed of. My place of refuge in my mind and she ran to greet me and licked my face all over.

I think it meant that her consciousness continued to exist in my mind and now that she lives in it. I loved her like the first and the last day everyday. I never got used to her presence, I never took her for granted, it was new everyday. I think it's the love that guided her spirit to home in my mind for home is where the heart is.

Love your 'fuzzy buddies' like the first and the last so when the time comes, you won't regret giving them the best love.

I'll see if I can make more of those shots or find some old pictures I had with my N73. I have a better camera with my Galaxy SII but the N73 seems to make more dramatic looking shots.

The original photo of the undershirt only had very faint tint of blue. It nearly looked grayscale so I added the colors in photoshop. I learned all these from my sister who took an art major in college.
edit on 6-12-2014 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join