It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Woman Perfectly Tells Off Anti-Abortion Protestors

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

Got it! In your opinion, all women who have had an abortion should never have sex again.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkJS
Making abortion legal condones/approves the act by the government. The government is supposed to represent the people. This is why is should be illegal.

Making abortion legal decreased the high level of female mortality

due to back street abortions. For a woman to risk her life in that way

only goes to prove her desperation ..... So NO it was never

'the easy option.'

It was a cheap lie that sold many to legalizing abortion - the hypothetical, extreme, rare case of a woman getting raped, getting pregnant, and not wanting the child. Then once abortion was legalized, hoards of women rushed in for them. What a ruse and a deception. I've been duped.

If the abortion rate has gone down at all, it is down due to more and

better birth control methods.

QUOTE ... "hoards of women rushed in for them" (LOL!! shakes head)

What planet are you living on??

There aren't more abortions because its legal ... Its just SAFER now

and fewer women die.

Same argument happens with euthanasia. Spell out some extreme, rare case to justify its legalization... bla bla... you get the (lying) picture.

No reply to that its OFF TOPIC

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Your opinion does not create facts out of thin air. You do understand that "consent" isn't necessitated by nature in order for a fetus to become a born child, right? In fact, the natural thing to happen is exactly that.

What isn't natural is a mother (yes, they're a mother, even before the child is born) choosing to have the child murdered just because said child might be a burden to their life.

You can twist and distort things all you want, but the facts are the facts.

Might I ask...do you have children?
edit on 5-12-2014 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: rukia

The ones who get abortions and continue being whores are despicable humans.

Are women who get abortions whores in your mind?

What about women who use birth control that fails? What if they're married? Should they just close up their legs forever, now that they've had an abortion?

Can you have a serious conversation without using one of the least-common scenarios as a foundation for your argument?

If you set aside your obviously ideology-driven opinion, you could deploy critical thought and realize that what she was saying is that abortion should not be the go-to treatment for women who have unprotected sex all the time.

Can you please tone down the hyperbole a bit and have a real conversation?
edit on 5-12-2014 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: windword

Are women who get abortions whores in your mind?

What about women who use birth control that fails? What if they're married? Should they just close up their legs forever, now that they've had an abortion?

Can you have a serious conversation without using one of the least-common scenarios as a foundation for your argument?

If you set aside your obviously ideology-driven opinion, you could deploy critical thought and realize that what she was saying is that abortion should not be the go-to treatment for women who have unprotected sex all the time.

Can you please tone down the hyperbole a bit and have a real conversation?

I think that "she" can speak for herself.

I'll have you know, in case you weren't aware, the poster to whom I was commenting edited their post.

What I responded to

What has been added.

A strong, independent woman is not a whore. She rises above that and pwns life. She is a leader--not a follower. And most of all, she learns from past mistakes and grows as a result. Abortion is not pro-feminism at all. In fact, it's just the man keeping your down.

There is a problem with labeling all women who have abortions as whore, and it happens often on these boards. All kinds of women, of all walks of life, ages and religions CHOOSE to have abortions daily.

What isn't natural is a mother (yes, they're a mother, even before the child is born) choosing to have the child murdered just because said child might be a burden to their life.

See, you think that just because a woman is pregnant that immediately means that she's gonna drop everything and start knitting baby booties and looking through baby name books. A LOT of women never want to have kids, have no intention of having kids and WILL have an abortion should they accidentally become pregnant.

Abortion is as old as people. It's very natural and sometimes extremely desired.

A lot of women make very bad mothers. That's natural!

edit on 5-12-2014 by windword because: edited to fix misquoted quote

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

No. Go back and read what I said. I was perfectly clear as to what I meant. And no, you're totally taking a couple things that are fine as a whole but aren't standalone and going off on a tangent. I'm saying that if you're loose and find that you need to have more than one abortion, that maybe you might want to reconsider your approach to sex--and yourself. Learn to respect yourself so that you don't have to have an abortion and mess up your reproductive system. And yeah, is there a problem with me calling it like it is? If she has sex all of the time with various partners and has no regard for herself or others then yes she is a whore and yes she needs help. Being a whore must be quite sad. They aren't bad people by definition. A bad person is someone who takes advantage of planned parenthood due to selfishness and disregard for human life--including their own. It's a baby not a pimple. Why not just give it up for adoption then instead of terminating it? Oh, so you can go out and drink and party and disgrace yourself some more? I'm not talking about someone who was raped. I'm talking about women who are, by their own choice, whores. The world's full of them. Don't tell me you haven't noticed? Stop jumping off the deep end man. What I said isn't really here nor there. It's an opinion that I'm entitled to have. And it's a pretty fair opinion. Fairer than yours. So, what, according to you it should be free sex, drugs and rock? Grow up.

You want them to be proud to be whores? How sickening. They need help. There's nothing proud about being loose. It represents a hole in them somewhere. They are lacking for love. Trying to fill the void. There's no pride in that. Only hurt and sorrow. They should only own it up to the point that owning it becomes the catalyst for them to get the counseling they so desperately need.

I'm not even touching the issue on rape. It's subjective.
And yeah--don't have sex if you don't want to get pregnant. Surprises happen.
Nobody's telling anyone to become a nun lol

There is a problem with labeling all women who have abortions as whore, and it happens often on these boards. All kinds of women, of all walks of life, ages and religions CHOOSE to have abortions daily.

That's what you said. Who labeled all women who have abortions whores? Not me. And what does the diversity of women have to do with anything? I don't understand what you're getting at. How about you go back and re-read what I originally said. Reading comprehension is an important skill to learn.

a reply to: SlapMonkey

Thank you for helping me out with that. You understood what I was getting at ^_^ I appreciate it.

edit on 5-12-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

The problem is that you're equating abortion with whoredom, when the two have nothing in common.

All kinds of women get pregnant accidentally and CHOOSE to have an abortion. That CHOICE doesn't make anyone a whore.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

LOL except--I'm not and I never did. Not once. Find me where I equate all women who have abortions with whores.

I merely said that women who are whores shouldn't rely on abortion to save their behinds. Exactly what SlapMonkey reiterated for me.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

So, women who are whores should be refused abortions?

Why the emphasis on whores? What has that got to do with the way the women of the OP handled the protesters? All to often women who have had abortions are referred to as whores.

But, what does it matter who gets an abortion? Do you want to screen women about their sexual proclivities before they can be granted an abortion? No abortion for whores?

edit on 5-12-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Must I say it again? At no time did I assert that or anything to that tune whatsoever. Good gracious, my good sir! I It appears that you have a rather noisome penchant for putting words in others' mouths--or attempting to, at least.

I daresay, I'm rather stunned.

Not to be all blase or anything, but, well--ain't nobody got time for that.

to add: you really ought to consider attempting to misconstrue others. I don't feel as though you mean harm by doing it but I don't think you really read what I wrote--just saw what you wanted and moved on without actually reading. I try not to judge others, man. Nowhere did I judge anyone. I stated an opinion--mine. I stated at the beginning that I was on the fence about this whole issue. I then elaborated on why that is, and gave instances from both sides that I agree with. Then I mentioned something with regards to sociology. Regarding the subsect of our population who are sexually careless and not monogamous. It is a fact that there are those who continuously abuse the planned parenthood/abortion thing. There are those who both do not want a child but want to be as promiscuous as they'd please and continue to be selfish and pursue their individualism (which, funnily enough, rampant individualism is one of the main things that is destroying the developed world).

I'm saying that there should be a better system in place to get those women help. So that they fill that emptiness and realize that they are someone and that they are worth everything. Everyone has potential. Nobody should be satisfied living the sad and demeaning life of someone (whether male or female) who has sex to replace love and innocence lost. And, mainly, that it is NEVER too late to start fresh--to grow as the person you are in a positive way. To feel a sense of integrity about oneself and life one has lived. That's the point man. Sorry for not going into greater detail the first time as to my personal viewpoint on things. Hope this helped clear things up.

edit on 6-12-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

There. I wasted time on you. Please can we have an intelligent conversation?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
I respect your right to choice. Ultimately, its your decision.
You have to live with it, not me.

Nobody has mentioned stuff as FETAL ALCOHOL SYNDROME,
where as the child ends up having to live with society decisions.
Many CIVILIZED countries criminally charge mothers who drink alcohol during
pregnancy, since it damages the fetus. Mother's are responsible for the
health and welfare of the fetus.
But then uk has high rates of child abuse, fetal alcohol syndrome,
and pedophilia rings. (not very civilized)
Abortions are a death sentence without a trial that damages the fetus
more even more than alcohol.
Don't want babies ? then TIE YOUR TUBES OR GET A VASECTOMY !
Stop making others suffer for your lame excuses.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

^ you make a very compelling point. Couple that into with what I'm saying (because FAS is more common--but not restricted to--the same subsect of our population that is highly promiscuous and abuses the system.)

The answer: get them help. Don't let them get abortions till they've gotten help, then. Or make them get it afterwards if that works better. It doesn't matter. Just help them please.

Forced-sterilization is criminal and utterly lacks virtue.

O.O I may be jumping the gun but...

Don't be a eugenicist or think like one. Just don't. I guarantee it's the wrong answer. Please realize that nobody can decide something like that. Because in many ways we are no different then someone who is a whore. I mean, we have all done something bad that we regret in life, right? Of course. Everyone has--well, except perhaps a narcissistic sociopath (lol just saying). It's part of living--the challenges that one faces and how one chooses to surmount them or not. But I understand the logic in eugenics, of course. And I see how it makes sense. However, it's morally wrong and it causes great harm which makes it an unfeasible method of practice as if it causes too much harm it isn't good, ethically-speaking.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

Must I say it again? At no time did I assert that or anything to that tune whatsoever.

Well, it comes across that way.

I'm saying that if you're loose and find that you need to have more than one abortion, that maybe you might want to reconsider your approach to sex--and yourself. Learn to respect yourself so that you don't have to have an abortion and mess up your reproductive system.

So sexually active women with multiple partners don't have respect for themselves?

Being "loose" has nothing to do with abortion. Accidental pregnancies happen even when birth control is being used. Even at 98% effective, that means a sexually active women can expect to have an unplanned pregnancy 2 times out of 100 sexual encounters where birth control would definitely be needed. 52 weeks a year... you do the math. A most conservative estimate would be around once every 3 or 4 years.

Find me where I equate all women who have abortions with whores.

You said:

If she has sex all of the time with various partners and has no regard for herself or others then yes she is a whore and yes she needs help.

So sexually active women with multiple partners are whores that need help?

you said:

Being a whore must be quite sad. They aren't bad people by definition. A bad person is someone who takes advantage of planned parenthood due to selfishness and disregard for human life--including their own.

Okay. A "bad person" is someone who uses planned parenthood to get an abortion. So, what you really mean is that all women who get abortions are "bad selfish" people. But, whores aren't necessarily "bad people" until they get abortions. Right?

I think I'm clear now.

Why not just give it up for adoption then instead of terminating it? Oh, so you can go out and drink and party and disgrace yourself some more?

Who is this aimed at, disgraceful whores or women who have abortions and are unashamed?

I'm not talking about someone who was raped. I'm talking about women who are, by their own choice, whores.

Okay. So, women who get abortions after they've been raped are NOT whores. Women who exercise their "right to choice" are whores, especially if they keep having pleasurable sexual encounters. It's getting clearer what you mean by the difference between whores and WHORES.

It's an opinion that I'm entitled to have.

Absolutely!

And it's a pretty fair opinion. Fairer than yours.

My only opinion is that its not for me to judge or make decisions about another person's choices about their life and their own body. Their body, their choice. Seems fair to me.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

You obviously didn't read what I took time to write to you so as to clear things up. No, it doesn't come across in the way you say. My proof? Oh, why, look it's that kind other poster who has comprehension and morality enough to defend me in that situation. You are either purposefully being incendiary or you literally do not understand the words that you read. Or you just skim over them without reading them. Which one only does when one knows the writer is totally incorrect. As in how I just read what you said--or didn't. Now, if you're not very smart and are immune to the tone and voice and clear intent of my writing--then you happen to be but one of a few. Because most people appear to understand at least most of what I say. Sometimes not--if they have an emotional bias.

Then, the question here really becomes: why is it, good sir, that you have an emotional bias toward me?

or rather, why are you so emotionally-driven in your responses--so much so to the point that you jump leaps and bounds to erroneous conclusions and are unable to correctly perceive the blatant meaning of my sentence. I know how to write. I'm a good writer. I know this for a fact. Therefore, you are a bad reader or just doing it for the lulz. Either way, I'm out of this conversation. Sorry for the disruption, OP.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Where have I misquoted you, or taken what you said out of context?

Just because other poster agree with you, and are also disgusted by women who have abortions and who are unashamed, just because other posters are defending and downplaying how insulting and ignorant your stereotypes are, doesn't mean that I am misrepresenting what you have clearly written.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

That is an opinion not a fact. Nasa finds a microbe and calls it life. That lady looks to be very far into her pregnancy. Where do you draw the line for abortions? My niece was 6 weeks premature and is a perfectly healthy 10 year old. Could she have been aborted at that stage? To me that's murder. 6 weeks in I think it's still a pile of cells. Where life begins has been debated for years.
also it makes no sense that a man has no say in the decision to have an abortion. He will be legally responsible but only after the birth. Where is his choice?

I dont think she was there for an Abortion Einstein.

24 weeks is usually right for a normal but could be longer if you are having a disabled baby.

Can I just say I fully accept abortions and especially for the disabled.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ToneDeaf
Abortions are a death sentence without a trial that damages the fetus
more even more than alcohol.

I think the idea of an abortion is to purposefully damage the foetus into a broken unworking state.

I really dont see the anti-abortionists case. There are already too many people on the earth. There are already too many unwanted children, homeless and destitute, forced into child sex rings and other stuff.

So instead of getting slightly concerned about abortion, why dont you focus your energy on creating a really successful no questioned asked foster care / adoption process so you can find someone to take care of these kids so the aborting parents have a viable alternative.

You find me a foster carer wanting a Downs Syndrome...

All Anti-Abortionists do is blame the mother....shame on you evil people.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Then wrap yer weiner and make sure you never become one

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Raxoxane

You are perfectly allowed to think low of them, but you aren't allowed to tell that person how they should take care of their body. If a woman wants to get an abortion because she is shallow and irresponsible, that is HER decision to make.

And what seems "shallow and irresponsible" from an outsider perspective may be mental health issues that can stem from all sorts of causes, like drug or alcohol abuse, or abuse in their own background, low self esteem making them feel they don't have the coping skills to be a mother, current abusive relationships with the prospective father, low IQ/functioning that make birth control impossible never mind pregnancy.

Pregnancy and birth can be nightmarish, freaky things to experience if a woman is less than emotionally healthy, and with the new information on epigenetic information passing through generations, its known that stress is passed on. It is healthier in general to allow abortion on compassionate grounds for women who can't cope, and only they know why, and also for the potential babies.

edited to add... I work as a caregiver for a man who has fetal alcohol syndrome, among other disabilities, and he is utterly tortured. While he is here now, he deserves as much dignity as the rest of us, but I see a greater cruelty in his life done by his mother by carrying him to term. Not blaming her cause I don't know her story, but she gave him up for adoption and doesn't have to see the sickening damage.

edit on 6-12-2014 by igloo because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2014 by igloo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

exactly. They need protected just like children.

BS many downs people can do anything you can do.
Yes some do need extra care but seeing we have a member of Parliament whom happens to have downs you are just ill informed and wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join