It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Woman Perfectly Tells Off Anti-Abortion Protestors

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LoopyLou

I read your other comments. This is the only one that's falsifiable, so I'd like to see a source.

Other than that, I'm not interested in dredging up puppy abuse, and I think that even if a child wanted that it should still have a chance for life. When we start deciding who lives and who dies based on quality of life, we're playing with fire.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I have no problem with asking men to provide for the woman they impregnated. Actions have consequences.

For every mother that abuses the child support system, there's 100 that get screwed by it. We should fix both issues.

Honestly, the current system is probably more unfair towards men than banning abortion would be towards women. A woman can choose to give away the child. A man with an unwanted child has no choice but to pay (or become a "deadbeat"). I'm not arguing that we should let father's ignore their responsibility, I'm just saying that it's inequitable.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdubya

I have no problem with asking men to provide for the woman they impregnated. Actions have consequences.

yup. they do.
a father has a responsibility to provide for his child. not the mother of his child.
actions have consequences. so, she better learn to deal

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Right, but I don't see how your figures support the fact that all of the women having abortions don't regret it later. I know that's an extremely difficult number to obtain accurately, so I won't even pretend that I would know that answer, but logic would dictate that it's not even close to 100%, and I question your 93:100 ration of abortions to births, but then again, Eastern Europe is definitely a different culture than our own. Would you mind providing the links to where you got this information, just so I can expand my knowledge?

I never said ALL women didn't regret having abortions, I said the ones

that I knew didn't regret it (and they are very many more than you know

of) I didn't say they didn't suffer trauma and anguish .... but they all made

a very difficult personal decision and then moved on.

I cant find the exact site I got my figures from, but there are lots of sites

on google including 'the lancet' and the figures are all much of a muchness.

I just can't get over the personal roadblock that I have high regard for all human life (and all life in general), and elective abortions are a head-on collision with that view.

In an earlier post which I think was a reply to you I put this link

q13fox.com...

And I asked, This was a *life* ... but was it *living*

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Well I see your point but don't agree 100%. This thread is getting to hot for me...so take care man.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I know I said I was done commenting, but you do realize that air is not what makes someone a person or a human, right?

Yes but it is what makes the difference between a totally

dependent foetus/embryo/baby into a real living being?

And the fact that you see it fit to call a mother an "incubator" is kind of creepy. Look up the definition of the word--a human womb is not one of them. Let's not distort word meanings in an attempt to dehumanize the gestation period.

I am a mother And if I don't find it demeaning to refer to my reproduction

organs as such why should any one else? Bottom line is you can dress it up in

poetic language all you like, but realistically that is precisely what it is .... ..

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Still lots of bleating but no one cares to answer my questions......
come on pro life people think of the consequences and instead of bleating come up with solutions.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

im not digging through 19 pages but if you ask again i will answer.
cant promise you will like what i say though
fire away

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sdubya

Thank you for helping me understand you better.

Instead of commenting on something I have said or answer one of the direct questions you pick the comment which was the reverse of yours in which you supplied no source. I tried to find one for yours but all I found was BS from pro birthers .
There are sources, I'm not googling it for you, i did not get that froma source, I got that from personal experience , being a mother and a general understanding of obstetrics due to where I work. Babies in utero mimic facial expressions but you can learn more when and if you decide to educate yourself , you won't though.

You say you're a father , tell me, did your child laugh and play with you in the first few weeks ? And please don't make me explain the difference in regard to crying.

Care to answer me if you find IVF murder?

I think a child deserves to be Born into a loving family that truly wants them and would do next to nothing to give them best life possible, not meaning financially but love ,nurture and decent parenting. ( i also don't believe just because you find yourself pregnant that you necessarily deserve or are worthy of being a parent but that for another time). I believe that the child deserves to live it's life the way it chooses to right up until the very end where they may possibly choose to end their own suffering.

Personally I don't find human life precious, no more than any other living thing. Any human moron can create a life.I believe that the living of that short life is precious from birth to death.

I know you don't understand but that's because you still believe that a tiny person is playing and laughing in the womb which then gets ripped out and blended for the sake of it being more convenient to the mother.

Again thank you for helping me understand you better, what you never wrote spoke volumes.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdubya

Well I see your point but don't agree 100%. This thread is getting to hot for me...so take care man.

Lol I'm sure it is getting too hot for you, next time stay out of the kitchen.

It's a pity though, I did want to hear your answers to some of my questions.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

im not digging through 19 pages but if you ask again i will answer.
cant promise you will like what i say though
fire away

My 2nd post on the first page.

Not hard to find.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

also not hard to ask again
edit
i looked.
im pro choice so i dont think you were asking the likes of me

edit on 10-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Ah ok

But still anyone who is anti abortion willing to even try to answer my questions?

Nah because it will show you don't actually support womens rights and only care about unborn fetuses not the kids who need help now.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

of course.
they dont answer cause they cant answer.
im still stuck on the whole 'the father is responsible for the mother thing'
actions have consequences.....nice eh

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Thank you for your response.

It's difficult responding back without sounding like a broken record because we don't agree on when a conscious human life begins and that's the sticking point in this whole discussion, this is why we get dizzy going round in circles.

In regards to the success stories , I do not doubt there are wonderful stories of happiness, there are after all exceptions to every rule. I should know ,I am a walking exception to many a rule.

I think if everyone could feel the unhappiness that life can and often can bring, in terms of being unwanted, there wouldn't be such a strong support for prolifers.

The thing is with those happy kids on your street, how do you really know they are happy?
How many times have you heard after a suicide, ' but they seemed so happy in life, I never knew they were depressed.
How many depressed people never admit to it, let alone get help for it?

But I do agree there are indeed happy endings for Some

In regards to regret , I think it was you who spoke of it earlier.

Do the women you spoke of regret the abortion or is it perhaps the regret of having the wrong reasons to have that abortion. I would think regret would come from those who chose it purely for convenience , that is they want children , just not right now. I would absolutely understand the remorse they would feel if they weren't at ease with their decision.
Regret and remorse occurs in women who have had the children and kept them, who have adopted them out, who have given them to family members As well as abortion.
Regret from women who did not make the right choice for themselves is not a reason to ban all terminations.

Again thanks for your calm and collected response.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

AAAhh say what you want to feel right or better but the fact is the size of that girls belly when she gets that done they are going to pull out a little dead human body. At the end of the day there was life there then some one killed it now if i did that its called murder ..But if a doctor does it . To get one if you are raped is hard im sure but to get one just becuse you had sex with someone and now dont want to take care of the life that the act of love has created is evil and to just kill it man thats sick why not just give away to someone who wants a baby.
When the baby goes thru whats called a partial birth abortion its moving and alive when it comes out .It is drugged and if that dont work fast enough they cut the spinal cord from the brain with scissors ................yeah abortion

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

oh yeah and im a foster baby took by the state of ohio WHEN I WAS 3 because my mom was a screw up and step dad did a little more than just beat me.Then the foster home i was in for years was no better ...if you know what i mean but let me just say.
JESUS LOVES ME AND IM SO GLAD TO BE HERE WITH YOU ALL TODAY I HATE MY MOM NEVER SEEN HER SINCE I WAS TWO BUT IM GLAD SHE DIDNT KILL ME .

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join