It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Woman Perfectly Tells Off Anti-Abortion Protestors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Not much to say about this really I agree with her.

WARNING A COUPLE OF NAUGHTY WORDS IN THE VID.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
too many people have this idea that abortions are some kind of decision people take lightly, as if it was some kind of joke. it's freakin horrifying and it will haunt you for ages, she is totally right.
People should be allowed to make that decision without having a bunch of jackasses piling on the misery that you most probably feel during those moments.

On a lighter note, damn british girls manage to sound sexy even when they are pissed off

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Not when your on the other end of it

I agree it is a hard choice but hers alone to make.

Before the people who are pro life come in I want them to answer these questions.

1) Do you want abortion illegal?.
2) If made illegal how are you going to stop women having a back alley abortion?.
3) What punishment are you going to give them.
4) Who looks after and pays the many more unwanted kids we have in the world seeing we are not looking after the ones we have now?.

edit on 5-12-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Touchy subject to approach, i do however agree that it's the woman's choice, good for her for standing up for her own belief.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

She cited reasons… What other reasons for abortion are there besides "rape by soldiers", sexual abuse, incest and financial problems?

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The one problem that I have with the abortion debate is that no one ever asks the dads for their input.

But then it seems to me that dads don't matter especially to the man hating women who scream on both sides of the debate..

Many dads do care.

P

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I saw this earlier today when following a link from another story here, and I think that this lady did a sterling job of showing these thoughtless tools up.

It seems that she has some involvement with Camilla Batmanghelidj's Kid's Company which provides frankly outstanding help to kids with all sorts of difficulties.

I think (well, hope) it may have been a sobering reflection for these protesters that their display could have a horrible effect on kids already traumatised by sexual abuse, some of whom may have (it's more than likely) sought an abortion due to a pregnancy bought on by a rape.

None of those people protesting had a answer, except one wanker who could only manage a "pfft" at the end of the vid.... he clearly had nothing he could back up.

edit on 5-12-2014 by skalla because: correction

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Not when your on the other end of it

I agree it is a hard choice but hers alone to make.

Before the people who are pro life come in I want them to answer these questions.

1) Do you want abortion illegal?.
2) If made illegal how are you going to stop women having a back alley abortion?.
3) What punishment are you going to give them.
4) Who looks after and pays the many more unwanted kids we have in the world seeing we are not looking after the ones we have now?.

The answer is to look at history, when poisons were taken by women to abort a pregnancy.

Or of course, you could just leave the new-born baby exposed on a hill side to freeze to death or be eaten by scavengers.

There will always be unwanted pregnancies that will not go full term, and a method is needed to treat the mothers in a safe manner.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

As genders biologically differ I think it's impossible to obtain the same rights in that sense for men and women; if a man would order that the child stays inside you and you give birth to it... to what, hand it over to him? While you were forced when it wasn't necessary to use your body as an incubator? That sounds absolutely horrifying. And when you yourself don't want it but are still forced to carry it that's a major intrusion on your body imo.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

And what a CREEP with his cam. Ew ew ew.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
But then it seems to me that dads don't matter especially to the man hating women who scream on both sides of the debate..

They matter when it's time to finance the family, mothers and children and in the case of seperation and divorce it can destroy a man with the child support and they so often get demonised for a mother's lack of accountability.

A friend of mine still suffers from becoming a father 9 years ago and an overdemanding mother who takes no accountability for her part in the destruction of the family, he doesn't even get to see his 2 children because of the bitterness of the mother.

The children are pawns in her game of guilt and leverage.

SO glad I'm not a father.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I have a way crazy ex and I had too fight for my access tooth and nail. Luckily it eventually worked out for me and I now have my lad 6 nights out of 14.

I'm so glad i'm a Dad.

But this is in danger of turning into a BS battle of the sexes if it goes any further, and the thread is about the arguments posed by the lady in the vid, not bait for further posters to start shouting about "feminazis" and all that crap.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

That #### was smirking throughout, loathesome twerp

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pitou

As genders biologically differ I think it's impossible to obtain the same rights in that sense for men and women; if a man would order that the child stays inside you and you give birth to it... to what, hand it over to him? While you were forced when it wasn't necessary to use your body as an incubator? That sounds absolutely horrifying. And when you yourself don't want it but are still forced to carry it that's a major intrusion on your body imo.

Why did you go for the extreme view.

"impossible to obtain" "Order that" "Hand it over" "Forced"

I was thinking more of talking it through.

Of listening carefully.

Of respecting his view.

Of approaching the subject with a view of listening to each other.

I wish our species could do away with all extremists.

Sad really.

But both sides want the man involved when it comes to $$$$$$$

P

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Her argument is that abortion is the better of the two extreme evils of killing a child prior to birth, or killing one by leaving it in a dumpster.

And people are celebrating her for her rant?

I'm one of the people who thing that medically necessary abortions and elective ones due to traumatic experiences (rape, unwanted incest, etc.) should be done, but in a hospital, not some clinic that, in America, at least, throw hissy fits when laws are passed that they need to upheld to the same standards as a hospital.

But to hear this lady on the video calling someone who had an abortion a hypocrite for speaking out against it, that's idiocy. I applaud those who have personal experience with someone who can then understand it was a mistake and have the courage to speak out against it. Maybe the lady in the video should have sat down with the "hypocrite" and they could have a discussion, rather than just yelling at her and calling her names.

I don't know why the pregnant lady (who appears WAY beyond 10 weeks) was even there, but that's beside the point. Her arguments don't really hold up to logic, IMO. And her implication that the majority of people in that clinic are pregnant due to rape is absolutely, 100% not supported by any evidence I have ever seen--and I've researched this a lot.

ETA: And not to go off-topic, but I do agree that if the pregnancy is not due to one of the terrible situations I mentioned (e.g.: Rape, incest, etc.), a father's consent should be necessary to have a purely elective abortion. If a child is the legal responsibility of the father after birth--purely because he's the biological father--then he should also have a say in what happens prior to the birth.

Yes, I'm a father (of two children--four if you consider the two miscarriages).
edit on 5-12-2014 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'm afraid that at the stage of her pregnancy, there shouldn't be an abortion taking place. It should not take place past the end of the first trimester which would mean roughly 3 months of being able to terminate. But at her stage, thats a baby, and can be born with a high chance of making it as a preemie. Brain is well developed, lungs not so much. And I'm sorry, but there has to be limits.

I have a belief that they are using the ambiotic stuff for brain cell research and basically sacrificing children, along with extracting resources from them, because the leaders and judges are evil monsters.

There has to be a balance between mother's rights and babies.

Also, health care needs to provide for fast and free abortions within those 3 months, or it doesnt work at all.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

That would be in the case when 'dad' is still in the picture... hmm. Would you support a law that'd obligate the woman to take the man's view into account, or do you see it more as a matter of ''it'd be great/decent if people'd do that''?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I applaud those who have personal experience with someone who can then understand it was a mistake and have the courage to speak out against it.

But then again- IS it a mistake per definition? She may regret it, or think she did an unethical thing (people change their views) but why would that be absolute?

And her implication that the majority of people in that clinic are pregnant due to rape is absolutely, 100% not supported by any evidence I have ever seen--and I've researched this a lot.

It's sad that you'd need to be raped or have severe medical issues to not have your life ruined by an unwanted child. Do men, who'll never really have this risk, understand the gravity of such a thing?

For instance, take me. I don't want kids, ever, and currently, if I'd be in the misfortune of getting pregnant and not being able to terminate the pregnancy, I'd be in deep deep sh#

I have no place for it
I have no money for it
If there's a dad, I'd feel awful to burden him with something he wants just as little as me
I don't have the life for it (in terms of being able to provide it with the proper space, stuff, care etc...)
I don't even like kids
It's very very difficult here to get some kind of apartment (just rent... let alone buying. You wait into eternity)

There're many people like me whose life would simply be ruined.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Her argument is that abortion is the better of the two extreme evils of killing a child prior to birth, or killing one by leaving it in a dumpster.
But to hear this lady on the video calling someone who had an abortion a hypocrite for speaking out against it, that's idiocy. I applaud those who have personal experience with someone who can then understand it was a mistake and have the courage to speak out against it.

One persons *mistake* is another persons *solution*

Personal decisions ... Each to their own??

If a child is the legal responsibility of the father after birth--purely because he's the biological father--then he should also have a say in what happens prior to the birth.

At that stage he is only a *potential* father. The foetus is not a child.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

That is an opinion not a fact. Nasa finds a microbe and calls it life. That lady looks to be very far into her pregnancy. Where do you draw the line for abortions? My niece was 6 weeks premature and is a perfectly healthy 10 year old. Could she have been aborted at that stage? To me that's murder. 6 weeks in I think it's still a pile of cells. Where life begins has been debated for years.
also it makes no sense that a man has no say in the decision to have an abortion. He will be legally responsible but only after the birth. Where is his choice?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join