It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be reassured Australia is not dangerous .Or is it .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
mentalfloss.com...

I had to start this thread as there seems to be some misconceptions about our wonderful country . Above is a quick view of what can kill you here in Australia but its missing a few things but hey ,pretty pictures . One they forgot was sharks , yes we have sharks here like you didn't know . Oh did they mention people have been killed by dingoes or Cane toads . Although not native to Australia they are here now and unfortunately here to stay , but yes can kill you . Did i mention our flora is not so good either , apparently our plants can kill you , well not apparently they will . Eat the wrong plant might not be a smart move for longevity . Now apart from the above Australia is a real safe place as long as you don't drive your car into a camel , water buffalo , kangaroo . Oh i forgot there has been a death by kangaroo . While not driving into things dont hit a wombat , like small furry rocks . OK that being said Australia is a wonderful beautiful country , come here ,enjoy .

Umm sea snakes ,puffer fish ,

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Considering common sense has little effect regarding the weather I would take your dangerous Australian critters over Scotland's climate any day of the week.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Dont get me wrong i love Australia , the chances of meeting your maker with any of the above is pretty slim . Iguess we are brought up to not encroach on these creatures . I personally only know one person bitten by a spider and one by a snake , although the snake victim needed an injection to the heart while being flown to the hospital .

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
A drop bear!? My parents always used this scare tactic whilst camping as a child. Ive since found myself using the same story on my children at night when camping in the bush Haha "shoosh quick go to sleep or the drop bears will hear you" while throwing a few gum nuts on the tent

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: feelingconnected

Someone mention drop bears and roos?

Regards Bally
edit on 5-12-2014 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Shoosh dont let the tourists know . Below is a site with what Australians would say are hilarious questions .

www.australiablog.com...
edit on 5-12-2014 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Actually that website is brilliant . The world has some real misconceptions .LOL
edit on 5-12-2014 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Someone forgot to mention the dreaded bunyip. Even when I was a kid the stories about bunyips would scare the daylights out of us. No one knew exactly what it was.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: grumpy64

Bunyips aren't dangerous to humans hence the omission .

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Salt Water Crocodiles, (saltys), Funnel web spiders, them friggin ants and that litsy bitsy whatchamcallit Jelly Fish?

Lions, tigers and bears… oh my.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Bunyips aren't dangerous to humans hence the omission .

I have read reports of Aboriginal men being taken by bunyips in the 1800's. According to my grandfather they were fond of jumping up at people on horseback near creek crossings to scare them. They seemed to find this amusing but it would be dangerous for the rider I suppose..............

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Personally i would rather face anything in Australia than what you mentioned (sharks and salties exempted ) .

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Same here. All nations have their killers. A cubic yard of hornets , a Grizzly bear or Brown Recluse spider can make a mess of you, too.

Then theres Tigers, King Cobras, Black freakin Mambas.

I watched a movie the other night where this lady and Japanese business man get stuck in the Australian outback and she's like, "Theres nobody out here except us. "People die out here all the time. Lots of People".

Add deserts to the list. They're lethal to the uninitiate.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I didnt want to mention deserts . While driving from Alice Springs to Darwin i noticed a person who looked like he had been hit by traffic . I turned around and found a backpacker who had collapsed . Picked him up and found out he was walking back to the next place that had a bus service . honestly dont know what he was thinking .He was trying to walk 25 ks in a tropical sun during the day . People just dont get how get how quick you can die here if you do dumb things . Luckily for him he was on a highway .

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Someone mention drop bears and roos?

Regards Bally

That is obviously an Tasmanian drop bear . not dangerous at all . The kangaroo scares me . Either that's one short ass man or one huge kangaroo .

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Don't forget the dinosaurs that roam freely.

Don't get out of the car!

edit on 5-12-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I heard Jake the Peg was quite scary too.

Ok sorry, poor taste........

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
I heard Jake the Peg was quite scary too.

Ok sorry, poor taste........

Yes his extra leg was something that was to be avoided at all costs. Not to mention his wobble board.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Yes his extra leg was something that was to be avoided at all costs. Not to mention his wobble board

Sorry about the delay but i have been kinda slack .
Rolf Harris should have kept his extra leg in his pants . This is one paedophile i hope rots in hell , along with his paedophile mates .

top topics

join