It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I honestly don’t know what to say’; Jon Stewart gets serious on Eric Garner

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The Police, federal, state, county etc. should stage a Nationwide strike...and the Firefighters and EMTs should join in support...just to see what happens. An experiment if you will.

the garbage men did it in New York once...and shut everyone's mouth permanently.

it would be interesting to see what happens if people where responsible for their own security for awhile.

but at the same time that seems to be the purpose in this flood of agitation and provocation.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
That cop choked a man to death in front of God and everyone. It was then broadcast across the entire planet via the internet where anyone with a brain generally agreed that the force used on that man was entirely uncalled for, and should be tried as murder.

I don't see how this cop didn't get indicted.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

Sad news sir the government cannot protect or save you from anything,never has ,never will all they can do is respond,by which time if you are involved you've either survived or not survived through your own actions.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
The Police, federal, state, county etc. should stage a Nationwide strike...and the Firefighters and EMTs should join in support...just to see what happens. An experiment if you will.

the garbage men did it in New York once...and shut everyone's mouth permanently.

it would be interesting to see what happens if people where responsible for their own security for awhile.

but at the same time that seems to be the purpose in this flood of agitation and provocation.

Anarchy, martial law........you see it and so do I!

Hmmmmm, anyone else see it??

I think what happened in Ferguson should be a wake up call to everyone! The police and national guard protected PUBLIC property, not PRIVATE!
edit on 4-12-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I made a thread about why they never get an indictment.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

I am already responsible for my own protection.

Police are necessary in society. But what the public needs is better trained police, more means of accountability(like body-cams), and we need a system of laws that aren't stacked against the average person.

One of the biggest reasons we have the kinds of incidents that anger people like this is the laws themselves. We have literally allowed our very existence to be legislated away, chocking it up to being "a nation of laws", instead of a nation of principles and values that are reflected in common sense laws that protect the rights of the individual citizen, and punish those who violate those rights.

Instead we have a system that creates crime out of thin air, in tandem, creating more opportunities for senseless violence to occur more often.

While I have had many a strong word for the police, I don't hate cops and I empathize with what they have to do on a daily basis. There's a lot of real scum out there.

I want to see the end of this "us vs. them" reality we've managed to create between the citizen and the cop. We all share responsibility for how society works.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

A lot of money considering his entire "political" career originally started with "Bush!......Bush! *anger*". Yeah, he's become as half baked as his moronic character from Half Baked. Look up Leibowitz, you're part of the conspiracy, hidden somewhere near the owl. Tool.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I really can't understand people defending police actions such as this. What is wrong with the country. Worth remembering what goes around, comes around.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I guess many people don't know Jon Stewart's real last name is Leibowitz. Recently, he was called a self hating Jew for changing his name by, oh what's his name? Anyway, because Larry is his brother I suppose Owl is trying to tell us Larry controls Jonny. He doesn't.
edit on 4-12-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Eh let them gloat. When TSHTF they'll be lucky if they can find one citizen who won't spit on them.

link   
a reply to: Swills

No they're just both conveniently placed morons surviving off of nepotism and connections. Like most of Hollywood/DC.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
That cop choked a man to death in front of God and everyone. It was then broadcast across the entire planet via the internet where anyone with a brain generally agreed that the force used on that man was entirely uncalled for, and should be tried as murder.

That's why the DOJ quickly stepped in...the NYPD has been notorious worldwide for being a bunch of thugs who turn the other way for a shiny penny. They only caught a break due to some of them dying on 11-9-2001.

It isn't a race thing this time. The cop went too far for tax evasion charges. How many people in suits on the island of Manhattan are guilty of far worse?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Morons? Really?

I disagree.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You damn right about that! Even taped footage doesn't even matter anymore..freakin crazy! There is no such thing as justice anymore, except if you were one of the ones in blue. Like NWA said # THE POLICE

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yes, really. Connected to Hollywood and the media. Involved in herding the youth towards one area of the political arena, teaching people to laugh at issues instead of changing it. And those pathetic media "this is how it is!" talks. Yeah, total tool, total moron who does whatever his masters want him to, for a price. Any fool can look like a genius, give him a script, the proper media campaign.

Look at Russell Brand.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I don't know how anyone can argue against the fact that Eric Garner's death was not a homicide. Viewing the tape it is clear he was asphyxiated far, far too long. In the past I managed a group home for mentally unstable people, many with autism, bipolar disorder, mental retardation, etc. Many of these people had many handicaps and took many medications to help stabilize them. This group home in particular had very violent and unstable individuals who could flip a switch at any moment do to any stressor and start throwing furniture, dishes, cologne bottles, telephones, etc at the staff members that I was in charge of training to handle this.
Having to go through state mandatory training, each and every employee was taught correct ways to restrain individuals (biters, hair pullers, and overly obese included), and at no point was a choke hold ever taught. It is actually restricted in every state to do this. Yes these people are handicapped, but there is a reason for not restricting air, it can easily result in death. In many past cases chokeholds can kill a person even after a few hours of being let go. I cannot remember the toxin that is released by the brain when one is restrained in such a manner but it is a very serious threat. I myslelf have been attacked many times and had to use pretty much only a bear hold, at times a half-nelson type of hold that is able to restarin without causing any harm. It upset me a few times that this was what I was only able to use in order to protect myself, but I also did not want to get sued for permanently injuring another, especially a handicapped person.
In one particular instance I was charged by a guy who was 22 years of age, 5 foot 6 and 370 pounds. He triad to squeeze my head, thumbs in my eyes, biting at my face. At this point I did not care about the law and headbutted him, kicked him in the knee and threw him on the steps, putting my knee to his jugular, and pulled his wrists behind him and used pressure to make sure he could not get up (mind you I was only 175 lbs at the time). After another staff member was able to help me restrain both his arms, we were able to hold him until police arrived. It was terrible and difficult to hold him due to his sheer weight, and he knew we had no weapons, handcuffs, anything else to protect ourselves, and he knew we could not legally punch him or anything like that. Given that he fought us the entire time, kicking and squirming for at least 10 min until they arrived. I did not last long at that job, and didn't get paid newar the amount that officers are paid.
So given that background, there were clearly at least 10 other police there in the active line of sight to help restrain Mr. Garner, he was not going anywhere once he was on the ground, had a choke-hold on him, and a knee in his back and two other officers handcuffing him. A man of his size is not getting up quickly, plus he did not have any weapons on him. Therefore, the brutality taken to restrain him was absolutely uncalled for, however, if anyone has seen at least a few episodes of COPS or JAIL, this # happens all of the time, anytime a suspect flees or gets mouthy with the police, they get thrown the fukk down and their face pushed into the ground. Unjustified.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

My dad treated severely mentally handicapped adults. He said they were teddy bears who could turn violent in two seconds. 300+ pound, grown men who have the mentality of 5 year olds. Sad but true.

But was Garner handicapped in any way?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I guess many people don't know Jon Stewart's real last name is Leibowitz. Recently, he was called a self hating Jew for changing his name by, oh what's his name? Anyway, because Larry is his brother I suppose Owl is trying to tell us Larry controls Jonny. He doesn't.

Much respect Swills...i really mean that. And no, I'm not following it up by tearing you or your statement down.
You're right. They are two people in different walks of life. We probably wouldn't know Jon Stewart had he not blown out his knee playing soccer. Still, the level of success is staggering and is fair game for scrutiny. I'm not going "full blown Zionist" on anybody.

Just watch...see where Jon ends up...it won't be Comedy Central.

Unless you know something I dont know.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I agree! It was almost so clear cut that it is a slap in every Americans face that they now know that it is ok for a police officer to treat someone like this. Like I said before, if you watch COPS or JAIL, this type of crap happens a lot, but the people aren't usually killed by it. Though sometimes hospitalized and never get justice for what was done.

Looking at how the nation has responded to these incidents, protesting, rioting, etc. It is almost as if TPTB want this uproar to continue. Because they clearly are doing nothing about it. Not too long from now I sense a fight 1 on 1 between unarmed civilian and cop to be recorded, civilian punching him in the face and putting him into a choke-hold, maybe not killing him. That civilian will see life in jail for sure.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

You don't get big unless you're truly useful. Stewart, or Leibowitz or whoever he wants to be known as is a perfect example of that. A comedian who becomes a joke newsreader with connections to DC and the entertainment cabal.

If the youth only knew where their hilarity derives from, why they're being made to laugh at the clown they'd never laugh again...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join