It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ian McLagan Of The Small Faces & Faces In No Longer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
When i was a teenager in the 60's one of my fave bands was The Small Faces. After Steve Marriott left the band they where joined by Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart and changed their name to The Faces. Sad news today, Ian McLagan the bands keyboard player has passed away. Drummer Kenny Jones is the only Small Face still with us. Thanks for the great memories Ian and R.I.P.

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 4-12-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Another sad loss. I saw this earlier and commented to a friend that the worst part of getting older is that more amazing people seem to die.

It will only get worse as we have so many great musicians that do not have long to go.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
R.I.P Ian Mc.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

It will only get worse as we have so many great musicians that do not have long to go.

What a sobering thought.

A great loss to the world of music.

RIP - Mac

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Another great musician from the generation of the greatest musicians.
I thank them all for creating timeless music.
It keeps them all forever young.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this with us. A little before my time but bands like this certainly set the pace for what was to come in the 70's. They set the bar pretty high. You can see that stage presence and aggression and defiance that is so British (I'm Aussie). I am always so surprised when I see these old clips of late 60's bands as they make most modern bands look like powder puffs.RIP

new topics

join