It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batman: Arkham Knight - Anyone Else Chompin At The Bit For This ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hi ladies and gentlemen .

I am absolutely hangin out for the new Arkham series Batman game .
I am absolutely in love with the Arkham franchise and i have to say that the new game looks totally breathtaking .
Ill add the preview for it here .

They have added a few new components to this game that i know of so far . One of them finally being that YOU CAN ACTUALLY DRIVE THE BATMOBILE ! In Arkham Origins it was being contructed , In Arkham Asylum it was destroyed and its not in Arkham City from what i have played so far .

The second noticable thing is that they have incorperated a new combat attribute to the allready perfect combat system from the Arkham games. I am not sure but i think it allowes you to T-up your attacks before executon to take out groups faster, similar to the system used in splinter cell maybe ? Not sure though .

This is another great trailer , fittingly titled "Evening The Odds" .

Now the question everyone is asking is, Who is the arkham knight ?

-Chompin at the bit and excited

Omega

edit on 4/12/2014 by Omega85 because: tag modification

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Omega85

looks impressive but how well does it play? ive been burned before on games like this.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

If they keep the same system as the did with the earlier Arkham games it should be nice .
IMO the combat system on the series is one of the best i have ever played with .

Im a fan of "If it aint broken , dont fix it " so that being said, If they dont totally overhaul it with new things and keep the combat system as is with maybe a few enhancements it should be good .

Rocksteady are usually good with their games.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I've enjoyed the previous installments and am looking forward to seeing it on the next gen hardware. I haven't researched this game much since I know I'll get it either way, but I hope they are canning the most recent incarnation's multiplayer mode. That whole thing was just a mess and not much fun.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Omega85
The game is on my list of games I am planing to get. But its still some time away, months and months 7 months to be more precise. I never playd the other batman games, not because there not good games, in fact I heard only good things about them, but because when they came out I never had the time or the inclination. But I am definitely getting this game.

One thing though, they really did a number on the batmobile, its a tank, a racecar, it can drive up walls, it can even drive sideways and dodge missiles for heavens sake, and who knows what else. Not that I am complaining the thing is wicked sweet, and they always change up the batmobile in each new iteration of the batman games, or even the comics, or films.

Though in this game seems like it will play a big part in the game, I think the developers even said so, which is cool. But dam next its going to be a transformer and turn into optimus prime or something. Nah just messing. The things they did with this new batman game are all looking good to me.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Went through them all on the 360 but managed to grab all 3 on sale on Steam recently so tearing through them again ready for the new one. Hopefully its more like the first 2, didn't enjoy Arkham Origins as much, too much back tracking across that damn bridge before you get all the drop points unlocked and the grapple function didn't seem to work as well either.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: longy9999

one of the reasons why you probably didn't enjoy it was because Rocksteady didn't do origins. Which is one of the reasons why I didn't bother with it.

and yes I am chomping at the bit to play it but won't be till June right?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

For sure , Alot of people that have played origins have said its crap because its put out by Warner Montreal ( i think ?) instead of Rocksteady .
Personally i didnt mind it but that bridge was a real pain in the ass lol , the issue that was talked about above in regards to the grapple function is very true too i thought, was one of the first things i noticed . The function in City was alot more crisp and snappy i felt .

I didnt think it was too bad though allthough there were a few annoying things like the Dark Knight System layout and stuff but one of the things i really liked about it was hearing the bad guys talk about Batman like he was some kind of urban legend . It is set before the rest of the Arkham games .

Yeah i think it comes out around that time, cant wait .

-Omega

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
A new vid I seen yesterday. I forgot this game is coming out this month 6/23. Looks pretty cool, and they really did a number on the batmobile, though all for the better. I still wont even be finishing the Withcher 3 game by then, but still this game looks like it may be the best batman game ever.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I am obsessed with Batman, always have been, really really love the Arkham games, even Origins. it was buggy as hell but that story was top notch in my opinion.

The season pass for this is a bit ridiculous but I just can't resist, Batgirl storyline? count me in!

Also, playable Harley Quinn, and she's also gonna be in a movie .... childhood dreams do come true

edit on vpmTuesday30pm630 by valiant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join