It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern Christians Won't Let My Daughter Play With Their Kids....Guess Why

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: FearYourMind
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The Bible wasn't necessarily "made up", but rather passed down from ancient Sumerian tablets that described similar events, such as the great flood and Noahs ark for example. But, the Bible has been revised and edited over and over and over again throughout history. This doesn't nullify the word of the Bible. Chuck Missler does a good job translating the Bible back to it's original meaning. Books like Enoch were left out of the Bible and that is a fascinating book to read.

Just because a story is passed down doesn't make it fact. There is simply no testable evidence proving that the major claims of the Bible are based on fact. Exactly how does Chuck Missler (or anyone else) translate the Bible back to it's original meaning when no original copies exist?

As for your daughter's situation, you might consider moving so she doesn't have to grow up in that environment. If the area where you live is infested with these people, it's not like this is going to be an isolated incident.

I haven't watched it, but it's probably not a good idea to put a video or photos of your child online (not to mention someone else's child without the parent's permission). You are aware that there are predators online, aren't you?

My daughter and her friend are not seen in the video. As far as stories being passed down, you could say that about our history and just brush it all off as being not factual. It's just documents passed down and we call the history fact and teach it as fact to our kids in school.

edit on 4-12-2014 by FearYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FearYourMind

You may find that most people may not know what UFOlogy is. Its the "ology" part on the end. They may think that it associated with Scientology or something. But people can be horrible to members of other faiths. I remember as a 5 year old being sent into a Catholic religious class by mistake instead of the Presbyterian one. When the young teacher finally listened to me she became almost hysterical. Her voice shook and she covered her mouth and pointed at me. "You're not supposed to be here" she shrieked in shock as if she were looking at a devil. Luckily my older sister came and rescued me. I think she may have had issues.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: grumpy64

Yes Chuck Missler makes sense sometimes. I listened to him once back in the early 2000's when he predicted that something was going to happen to the US economy due to funny money. He predicted the GFC, I didn't realise he was a preacher at first. In another session he spoke about the order in which the creatures of the world were created in Genesis. It is basically the same as evolution theories. Interesting.

Yeah Chuck Missler is a genius and worked for the aerospace computer industry. He was also chairman of Western Digital in the 1970's. He has a very impressive resume and is a master of Bible knowledge. He's translated it from Hebrew to Greek and studied the Sumerian Tablets and scrolls. The guy knows his Bible and technology.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: grumpy64

That's exactly what I suspected is this lady thought I was in a occult of some sort, or googled UFOlogy and found that a lot of New Age people are into the subject. I guarantee it. I told my wife never to mention that to anyone again haha.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I've been accused of being a occultist before when I tried showing a video to my friend. He told me "I don't want to see any of that occult stuff". Since when is the subject of UFOlogy a occultist practice? I believe these UFOs are Fallen Angels and that's my whole reason for studying the subject. I believe UFOs and the Bible are connected.

Christians had better look at the Book of Ezekiel then!! God's throne was at the top of that "Craft" . And no, Ufology is not some Occult (hidden knowledge, not witchcraft) thing. Goodness people are daft.

Op, I believe as you, they are (some) demonic. It would stand to reason that if "God" comes down in one of these craft that the (evil angel, Satan, serpent, destroyer) would also employ this in his work as well, don't you think?

There are factions within this extra/inter-dementional other worldly creatures - beings. My take on it.

Don't worry, I'm from the South too, deep south and these folks are not open minded, at all. They shouldn't do your child that way though, terrible. Christians behave most un-christianly a lot of the time.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo

Yeah I learned to keep my mouth shut around here. I tried mentioning it to a guy at work when he asked what my hobbies were and I told him I had a YouTube channel dedicated to the UFO phenomena. I got a strange look and pause from him and he hasn't talked to me since. I completely agree with you as far as these UFOs being Fallen Angles/Demons and spirits. There are theories by credible physicists claiming there are up to 11 dimensions in our universe, and we only see 3 of those. Who knows what exists in the other 8 dimensions around us although the 4th is believed to be Time.

These beings are inter-dimensional and have been known to walk straight through walls and windows. This leads me to believe they are spiritual. The Fallen Angels can shape-shift and even appear to be human when they want to, so they can also look like what we perceive to be "alien" as well, but they are merely the many demons that God cast down to Earth. What do aliens eat here? Why would they have been here for thousands of years and not yet introduced themselves to the world? How long does it take to study us? None of the alien theories make any sense. It's ALL in the Bible though. It's obvious what they are...it's OBVIOUS.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I also find it interesting that there are many ancient paintings depicting UFOs. For instance: This image is by Flemish artist Aert De Gelder and is entitled "The Baptism of Christ". It was painted in 1710 and hangs in the Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge. A disk shaped object is shining beams of light down on John the Baptist and Jesus.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I also find it interesting that there are many ancient paintings depicting UFOs. For instance: This image is by Flemish artist Aert De Gelder and is entitled "The Baptism of Christ". It was painted in 1710 and hangs in the Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge. A disk shaped object is shining beams of light down on John the Baptist and Jesus.

Paintings at that time that depicted the birth or crucifixion of Christ commonly contained icons of the sun and the moon "observing" the events. I'll bet if you saw an image of the entire painting, you'd probably see the other icon, too.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

The Bible wasn't necessarily "made up", but rather passed down from ancient Sumerian tablets that described similar events, such as the great flood and Noahs ark for example. But, the Bible has been revised and edited over and over and over again throughout history. This doesn't nullify the word of the Bible. Chuck Missler does a good job translating the Bible back to it's original meaning. Books like Enoch were left out of the Bible and that is a fascinating book to read.

Just because a story is passed down doesn't make it fact. There is simply no testable evidence proving that the major claims of the Bible are based on fact. Exactly how does Chuck Missler (or anyone else) translate the Bible back to it's original meaning when no original copies exist?

As for your daughter's situation, you might consider moving so she doesn't have to grow up in that environment. If the area where you live is infested with these people, it's not like this is going to be an isolated incident.

I haven't watched it, but it's probably not a good idea to put a video or photos of your child online (not to mention someone else's child without the parent's permission). You are aware that there are predators online, aren't you?

My daughter and her friend are not seen in the video. As far as stories being passed down, you could say that about our history and just brush it all off as being not factual. It's just documents passed down and we call the history fact and teach it as fact to our kids in school.
]

Facts are based on testable evidence only. Anything that is not based on testable evidence or, in the case of history, on contemporaneous documentation is speculation. Do you understand what is meant by contemporaneous documentation? Where is the contemporaneous documentation proving the existence of Moses? Where is the contemporaneous documentation proving the existence of Jesus?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

That's exactly what I suspected is this lady thought I was in a occult of some sort, or googled UFOlogy and found that a lot of New Age people are into the subject. I guarantee it. I told my wife never to mention that to anyone again haha.

I think you meant "in a cult" not "in a occult". The word occult means hidden or secret. It does not mean group.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

North or South, almost everyone is closed minded.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

That's a proven myth, you should research the subject. The "UFO's" are not UFO's.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
That is the thing I had liked about Chuck.He brings it all to the table and is quite open to change his mind on things he makes clear is only his understanding while usually presenting other points of view ,past ,present , and what it might mean in the future .

Bob Cornuke's rediscovery of where the Jewish Temple was is going to change so many things over there .It also tells us that we hold traditions to be true when they have no basis to the facts .

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I dont find it strange that anyone would be interested in the UFO subject least of all a Christian. Some Christians avoid subjects like Nephilim and the mystery religions as well but I blame that on their pastors and teachers .It wasn't all that long ago that there were a lot of no no subjects . Things have changed with the internet and the understanding of the biblical text .Despite Jesus talking about the Kingdom Cults in Mat.13 ,most avoid the study . The You Tube series Know Your Enemy is a must in today's world because it brings forward from Adam to present the History that is vitally needed to see what has been hidden in open sight for anyone willing to look . www.youtube.com... a reply to: FearYourMind

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
When my daughter was seven or so, many, years ago, she went with friends to a southern affiliated church. I was a teacher in the small town and so was well known by both the students and their parents. I was also known to have beliefs which I kept mostly private, but known as not of any religion which upset some of these churches. I was a non smoker, non drinker and anti drugs. I was I suppose a good Christian by most standards, I risked my life and saved many lives over the years as well and injured myself in my efforts.

The funny thing here is, my daughter came home that day and told me she would never go to that church ever again. I asked her why and she told me they singled her out and pointed out how her father, me, was a sinner and they prayed for me. I told her it was nice they cared, but they were ignorant. Throughout school, her and some select friends named themselves "the norms". They kept themselves under control and graduated at the top of their class, all vigins, unlike their counterparts in these churches. LOL.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
WTH!? This has absolutely nothing to do with being Southern.

Bless your heart though. LoL!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

We stay away from the "Religion". It's a personal relationship with God. You wouldn't understand unless you too had one

From your op you said you were very christian and that your parents are ordained ministers and you go to church every sunday. If thats not religion with a big "R" I dont know what is.

personal relationship with God...You wouldn't understand unless you too had one.

Matt 6:7 "When you are praying, don't say meaningless things like the unbelievers do, because they think they will be heard by being so wordy

I've never told you of my relationship to the creator...so I dont know how you make that assumption.

I feel sorry for those who don't have God in their life. I'll pray for you

Now...now...stop practising black magic. You do know about interference and tolerance or a they anathema to you. Save it for your Southern cousins. I dont need your pity.

The spirit of hate will try to destroy you, so finding peace within yourself will allow you not to hate anymore regardless of who or what you like.

I have peace..had it ever since I left the christians to their own "devices" at the age of 23. I am me I love the world I love people love the universe. I cant say I really hate anything. Not in my "enlightened" nature. And before you say pride...be humble..blah blah..take the above the wrong way any way you like...it makes no difference to me as we all make the journey home eventually.

You wrote earlier

I don't want my beliefs do interfere with my daughters social life

1. Is it a belief or a truth or faith?
2. Is your daughters social life more important than "your truth" or will she be scarred for life?

I think you need to do some real soul searching and how about actually taking the time to comprehend what I actually wrote. I could be as ignorant as your Southern christians and call you an appalachian redneck from the comfort of my chair in Australia.

edit on 5-12-2014 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: spelling

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
inthink you revealed too much about your hobbies and not everyone is comfortable with that. Your spiritual beliefs sound a little mixed up, all over the place, or you didn't express it how it was meant. I'm with you on the fallen angel idea but my ideas are not from the book of revelations. I'll look into that chapter. Had no idea. I just call them demons. I don't really think aliens are visiting. Used to.

Either way those people are just rude. Don't let it get to you. People are like that unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

The other girl responds with "Well, my mom told me not to play with her because she's not a Christian".

Wow. This mother isn't following "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Many people who claim to be Christians are very judgmental treating others lower than them and don't actually follow "Judge not, lest ye be judged".

By the way, why do you believe UFOs are fallen angels? Why not just angels? Or why not some angels and some demons? Why not just visitors from other worlds? What convinced you of the belief system you have?

a reply to: Tangerine

Paintings at that time that depicted the birth or crucifixion of Christ commonly contained icons of the sun and the moon "observing" the events. I'll bet if you saw an image of the entire painting, you'd probably see the other icon, too.

That is the whole picture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join