It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Future Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I discovered this interesting website that lets you send your future self an email. You can set it to send out one year later, or really really much later. You can also set it to send to someone else. I think this is such a cool idea. It's free, but they do accept donations. I'm not affiliated in any way, I just thought it was neat and wanted to share.

Obviously, it's not a sure thing. Suppose future you sets up a new email address? You CAN go back in and change the recipient address of your letter, so as long as you remember then you'd still get it. And obviously, if the website just disappears, the emails would too.

But still, it's an interesting concept, and it got me to thinking about what I would say to my future self. I am not entirely sure, I'll probably spend a bit of time thinking about it so that my email will be meaningful to future me.

So I am curious, what would you say to future you in your email letter and in what year would you schedule it to arrive?

futureme.org

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

It's a good idea, but how does future me reply? I'd be interested in asking myself what the winning lotto numbers are, but it's no good if I dont get a reply.

Is there a service that lets future me, send an Email to the now me?

As it is, I don't get replies to my Emails from people in the now time. I'm probably not going to become someone who ignores even myself. Or do I become a right nasty clown in the future... I might ask myself that, and just hope by time future me gets it, they've solved the "how to send emails back" riddle.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

If only our future selves could send an email to our young selves-now that would be darned useful(and not just for the lottery).
There are certainly a few things I wish I could have explained to my younger self which would have made my extistence a lot more worthwhile.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

i have a better idea to " talk to my future self " , compose my missive and post it [ snail mail ] at royal mail 2nd class rate to my home address - by depositing it at the post office 800m from my house - within 1 hour it will be returned to the sorting office 200m from my house and then it will disappear into a nether dimension for an unknowable period of time before a ppostal delivery worker will - instead of actually delivering it - post a card telling me they could not delivere it - and that i should collect it myself from said sorting office

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I often fudge future me in the aize, agreeing to this that and the other, which in retrospect I wish I'd never. Lessons for making drunk plans? I'm learning... Forget you, past me!

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
It would be great to know the future, wouldn't it?

new topics

top topics

join