It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White COP Kidnapped and Murdered by Black Men-Where’s the Media?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Conservatives cry that it's not a race issue when it's a black man being killed...

Then say this...

Sadly, Officer Quick simply wasn’t the right color for this to become an issue.

The usual double standard from the right wing wankers.

Bollocks.

What they are saying has nothing to do with whether either was justified, they are simply stating the obvious that "white cop killed by black guys" doesn't make headlines.

And they are right. I couldn't give a toss for political slant either way.

Look, if you live in London, it's unlikely you actually understand what things are like here in the states. I know this because my British wife has changed so much in her views of race-related issues since moving here just 3yrs ago. Believe me; live here, and you just might start to understand.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: intrptr
Double standard? Or no lesson to impart to people?

Makes me wonder. Media campaigns to garner interest to sell you stuff are either that or a campaign to convince us of something. One result of Ferguson (and New York) is the travesty of "trial" by Grand Jury. A "decision" instead of a verdict, a "review" instead of an investigation, a "proceeding" instead of a trial, in secret instead of openly.

Precedent set…

Well in both cases, media has tried to sell these killings being racist and riots have ensued. The media is hurting the cases IMO. They are not allowing the public to see the actual evidence of the crimes because they are clouding it with "eye-witness" statements and bias towards the "racism card" since that sells and garner's viewers.

I have not reviewed any of the evidence the BYC choking death, but have reviewed all of it in the Ferguson case and can say they got it right for that one.

I don't know you can make the case that they got it "right", per se. Did Wilson murder Brown? Of course not, and anyone trying to argue otherwise is a moron. That said....in his own testimony, he stated he wasn't carrying a tazer because "there wasn't room on my belt for one to fit." That, IMHO, is complete BS and should have at least garnered a negligent homicide charge, since there is on way to know that if he had tazed Mr. Brown the situation wouldn't have ended there. His not having a non lethal method of enforcement was by definition negligence.

He wasn't guilty of all the things the mouthbreathers were out looking for him to be indicted on, but he wasn't exactly squeaky clean in the matter either. That, for the record, is just one mans opinion.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join