It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Have A '2015 UK Elections' Forum'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I have been thinking about starting a thread to discuss UK politics and next year's elections and I don't know which forum would be appropriate to post such a thread.

I notice there are several forums dedicated to US politics and even one solely for '2014 US Elections', is there any chance of a UK Politics/2015 UK Elections forum that we can post and discuss UK politics in the run up to the elections next year?

If not, why not?
edit on 4-12-2014 by doobydoll because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

I second that. Although I'm from Scotland and we don't really have any effect whatsoever on the UK general election, I'd still like to see a forum for it.

Do it ATS staff, do it!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I believe "Regional politics" is meant to be about non-American stuff.
The forum has two sticky threads, "Welcome to your UK politics forum" and "Welcome to your Canadian politics forum". so I would guess that the two separate forums had comparatively few threads and were merged.

The one beef about "Regional politics" is that it runs through the "off-topic" half of ATS instead of the main Recent Posts.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yeah, what they said!!, and a wack-a-mole game featuring ed sillymans face!!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thundersmurf
Although I'm from Scotland and we don't really have any effect whatsoever on the UK general election:

Yes you do; you're the only reason Labour gets into power nowadays.
Don't do it this time. Vote SNP, and keep Labour from being the largest party!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thundersmurf

I second that. Although I'm from Scotland and we don't really have any effect whatsoever on the UK general election, I'd still like to see a forum for it.

Do it ATS staff, do it!

Yes come on o majestic ATS forum-creators (bows and scrapes and much cap-wringing), 'tis the season of goodwill, alas we are forum-less and you have many, we ask for just one little tiny forum.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I always vote SNP, but you're partly wrong about us having any influence. I believe only twice in the past 100 years has Scotland's votes made any difference to who the winning party is.

Hopefully we're on the path for full devolution of power though, but time will tell.

Also, I know a lot (a LOT!) of SNP voters who will be voting for UKIP. I don't see the appeal, but it would seem a lot of people are wanting us out of the EU.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I believe "Regional politics" is meant to be about non-American stuff.
The forum has two sticky threads, "Welcome to your UK politics forum" and "Welcome to your Canadian politics forum". so I would guess that the two separate forums had comparatively few threads and were merged.

The one beef about "Regional politics" is that it runs through the "off-topic" half of ATS instead of the main Recent Posts.

Ok I just found it. Thanks.

It's just a thread, not a forum. And a dead thread at that. You can't start or follow separate discussions all going on in one thread.

Regional politics forum, I assumed that it meant regions of the US. Is UK politics and elections 'regional'?
edit on 4-12-2014 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
No, it's not a single thread (I don't know what you found). It's a genuine sub-forum, with a number of threads. Behold;

Regional politics forum

The topmost thread on the page (being sticky) is "Welcome one and all to UK politics". In other words, what you asked for.

Not dead, either.
It has recent threads about the Toronto mayor, and about Harriet Harman.
The most recent post was on Nov. 29th
I take "regional" to mean "regions of the world (other than America)".

edit on 4-12-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Heck we have been asking for a nature/pets forum for years.....
Don't hold your breath.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
deleted because it doesn't matter.
edit on 4-12-2014 by doobydoll because: nvm

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
In other words, what I originally said to you was true.
I told you that there was a forum called "Regional Politics" which was apparently intended for the discussion of non-American politics.
What we have now established is that there is a forum called "Regional Politics" apparently intended for the discussion of non-American politics.
QED, for heaven's sake!

edit on 4-12-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Goodness me calm yourself down or you'll bust a blood valve or summat. Strewth.
edit on 4-12-2014 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
God, no. No more politics. Gag, cack.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I'm sure its been asked for before, perhaps before the last General Election.

It fell on deaf ears....its not American orientated so I guess TPTB figure the Regional Politics Forum which is hid away from general view in the Off Topic section of ATS, (the old Below Top Secret), where one man and his dog are the only regular visitors will suffice.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Tbh, there's probably no need for a new forum I would've thought. What ATS has at the moment seems to cover it well - as highlighted above - and there's not really enough demand to truly justify the work that goes into setting up a new forum for this kind of topic anyway, in my opinion at least. We just don't talk about our elections/politicians all that much.

Also.. Regardless of anything, I still want to see a JFK forum!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Rising Against
Yes, if you go back to the 2010 Election in that forum, you find about thirty threads on the subject.
Not really enough to make a forum on their own, but also, perhaps, evidence that existing arrangements work well enough to provide an arena for discussion.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Hey Disraeli, good to see you. And yeah, that's what I mean. Dont get me wrong though, I'd really love to see that kind of forum, although it would probably have to retitled 'threads about Nigel Farage', but given the amount of time it takes to code a new forum, its probably not worth it for SO and co.

The Americans talk about their politics much more than us, thus their designated forum.

top topics

join