It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help ATS black speckles in my vision!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This has happened twice now first a few months ago i was worried so did some research but couldn't find much it didn't happen again so left it at that now again this morning! Its when i wake up i see two round clusters of tiny black flashing speckles one for each eye but they look far away but up close too like i can see them on my wall but ther on my eye if you get me, it looks almost like millions of tiny black bugs running around or like some one dashing peppper on a plate. If i stay awake it wears of but if i close my eyes for a while they come back again, please ats what could this be? I am kinda worried i really hope the right person shows up to help me please please thank you all!!
edit on 4-12-2014 by PhoenixFreeman because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixFreeman

Look up floaters...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.webmd.com...

That's what it sounds like to me. But of course, if you are worried or the symptoms don't match you should always check with your doctor. Better safe than sorry where your vision is concerned.

But if I were a betting woman... Me money would go on "floaters".

It gets worse as you get older.

edit on 12/4/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

probably floaters
nothing to worry about
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Look up floaters...

en.wikipedia.org...

It gets worse as you get older.

No its different from floaters i get them all day when i look at the sky like bits of dust and bacteria that you can see floating past like squiggly lines?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

I get them too this is different its two black circles like fixed to my view were i look...

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
You don't see them all the time because you're not paying attention to them.
(Like I wear spectacles, but I don't normally see the frames).

P.S. On second thoughts, if they're bigger than ordinary floaters, a visit to an optician would be a good move. Nowadays they check the eyeball very closely.

edit on 4-12-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

My sister had something similar. She was diagnosed with Glaucoma. Get it checked out at soon as you can.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

If you don't think that's what it is, then it would be best to see a doctor pronto. Your vision is something you don't want to take lightly. Lots of other issues show up in your eyes as well. Glaucoma, cataracts, detached retinas, etc.

It's better to be safe than sorry for sure.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

My sister had something similar. She was diagnosed with Glaucoma. Get it checked out at soon as you can.

Thank you doctor or optician?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Yes i know thank you i just didn't bother because i never got it again untill now

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

It's better to be safe then sorry-if you are concerned then get your eyes tested.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Btw i am only 22 so shouldn't have them things but idk

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Not to be rude, but asking for health advice on a internet forum is useless. Go See A Doctor. Your eyes are nothing you want to be playing guessing games with.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Seeing floaters is connected to anxiousness. When you are anxious, you are hyper aware so you see them more easily. Everyone has floaters, but brain can ignore them. They are just chains of proteins that have been there since your birth, but as you age they detach from walls and you can start seeing them. They could also be blood, which is perfectly normal. Floaters are completely harmless if there is no flashing or black curtains in your vision.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

i have floaters and what you are describing definitely sounds different....i have never heard of what you are going through

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

If you're seeing "millions" of black dots, it's unlikely to be floaters. In fact it's unlikely to be an eye problem of any kind, especially if it's in both eyes. Get to your doctor. Could be lack of blood supply to the head via carotids or vertebral arteries. Any other medical history you could give us?

Also Google "blue field entoptic phenomenon"...might be perfectly normal if what you're seeing matches that description.
edit on 4-12-2014 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

No its different from floaters i get them all day when i look at the sky like bits of dust and bacteria that you can see floating past like squiggly lines?

They aren't floaters but they "float"?

Though disconcerting at first, your brain will eventually "ignore" them if you let it. Takes a little while so try not to fret.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I believe her doc sent her to a optician.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Hi
It could be any number of things. My gf woke up one morning with thousands of floaters which got worse of the next few days.
Went to A&E (opticians advised to go there) and they ran every test they could think of on her eyes, ECG's, full body scans etc.
They originally thought it was sarcoidosis, and several other things with random names. Eventually they gave up trying to name it and just called it uveitis.
A few weeks after test results for a genetic condition came through, and they were able to diagnose it as Birdshot disease, which is a rare and incurable disease.
We spent ages getting it diagnosed and she has to go back to the hospital every 3/4 weeks to check how it's going and how she is getting on with high-dose steroids and immuno-suppresants (for life), but it was worth it, as untreated she could have gone blind!
They explained that floaters are usually bits from the eye lining and stuff, but hers was white blood cells leaking into her eye.
In short, don't take chances when it comes to your eyes, get it checked out ASAP.
Hope it's nothing serious though.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I see said the blind man as he picked up the hammer and saw....... Lol...ok...a little humour to make you feel better...BUT...that being said..DO NOT MESS WITH YOUR EYE SIGHT !!! If you have any issues you should go to an eye doctor immediately. Not trying to freak you out as it may be nothing....but get it checked out. The black circles could fall under a few different categories. ...diabetes( high sugar) ....glaucoma....retina issues... ....scratched retinas( are you wearing safety goggles at work).....floaters....etc... It could be a number of things and without a proper diagnosis ,it's anyone's guess. Look at this way OP, what ever is wrong you need to figure it out now before it gets worse.

<<   2 >>

join