It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

179 year old man Discovered in India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

www.eshowbizbuzz.com...

A man discovered 179 yrs old in India, "Death has forgotten me" || My grand children are dead there for yrs. Somehow forgot me death " Mahashta Mûrasi is an Indian who claims to be born in 1835.

According to indian officials, the man was born at home in the city of Bangalore on January 6th 1835, and is recorded to have lived in Vârânasî since 1903. He worked as a cobbler in the city until 1957, when he retired at the already venerable age of 122.
“I have been alive so long, that my great grand-children have been dead for years” explains Mr Mûrasi. “Somehow death forgot about me… And now there’s hardly any hope left. Look at the statistics, nobody dies past 150, even less at 170. At that point, I guess I’m immortal or something. I might as well enjoy it!”
The man’s birth certificate and identity cards all seem to confirm his version, but unfortunately no medical examination can confirm his saying for now. The last doctor Mister Mûrasi visited died in 1971, so there is little information available about his previous medical files.

Am not sure how credible this is , but above seems to be the picture of the man . IF the story is true i would love to know how he lived his life and maintained his health ...

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Nah not buying it.
He does'nt look a day over 150

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I would have thought a 179 year old man would look like Yoda.

I can just see the dude jumping around hitting people with his stick....at that age he deserves to do whatever he wants.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Yoga and good diet are some powerful ####

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It is a well known fact that the people who live in a place called Shangrila reaches an average age of 130. They regard apracot seeds as money, and live on seeds and seed oils.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: IndependentAgent

Got some more info on that?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Sorry to say that the article can be traced back to Worldnewsdailyreport...

The article is circulating widely on foreign-language sites in particular (Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, etc.) where it's being posted unquestioningly as fact. But, of course, not a word of this story is true.

The source of the article is the fake-news site worldnewsdailyreport.com, which has a disclaimer buried on their site, identifying all their articles as fiction.

However, World News Daily Report didn't create the picture of the old man. They simply found it online, where it's been circulating for many years. At various times, the photo has been turned into a meme. However, I've been unable to locate the original source of the image. So I can't identify who the man in the image really is.
Source

Sorry.

Edit: Original Article
edit on 4/12/2014 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I have a somewhere on my pc, i'll try to find it

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21
I am a bit hesitant to believe this.
Coming from the land of snake charmers, levitating yogis and the rope trick.....
ETA:
Thank you Gemwolf!

edit on b000000312014-12-04T05:05:41-06:0005America/ChicagoThu, 04 Dec 2014 05:05:41 -0600500000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Dammit, i never even read the source, let alone checked it. Bad Skalla.

I'm gonna have to go read a bunch of my dryest textbooks as penance now.

Meh

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
What I can say about the Valley of Shangri-La (Note: It is also the name of a fictional place, in the 1933 novel Lost Horizon), is that the people who live there, is completely cut of the the outside world. Also it is no them who gate the valley that name.

They trade in apricot seeds, see it as money. The person with the most trees is the richest. They eat the inner seed of the apricots, and make skin lotions and creams of that.

After scientists discovered their existence, the went to "study" the tribe. They found that the tribe of people who lived up to 130 or older, all had digestion problems due to the high level of fruits they eat on a day base. They then gave the tribe medicine to help with that. After using the medicine, their age they lived up to, dropped significantly. The scientists was asked to leave, and never return.

It may be that the tribe, now discovered, moved again to keep their existence a secret once again. But as soon as I have more info on this, I will share it.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: IndependentAgent

Got any proof of that?.
Sounds like fiction.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentAgent
What I can say about the Valley of Shangri-La (Note: It is also the name of a fictional place, in the 1933 novel Lost Horizon), is that the people who live there, is completely cut of the the outside world. Also it is no them who gate the valley that name.

They trade in apricot seeds, see it as money. The person with the most trees is the richest. They eat the inner seed of the apricots, and make skin lotions and creams of that.

After scientists discovered their existence, the went to "study" the tribe. They found that the tribe of people who lived up to 130 or older, all had digestion problems due to the high level of fruits they eat on a day base. They then gave the tribe medicine to help with that. After using the medicine, their age they lived up to, dropped significantly. The scientists was asked to leave, and never return.

It may be that the tribe, now discovered, moved again to keep their existence a secret once again. But as soon as I have more info on this, I will share it.

OK, it would be an interesting thread once you get sources and links together etc

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Found a source confirming IndependentAgent's post:

The Hunza valley is popularly believed to be the inspiration for the mythical valley of Shangri-la in James Hilton's 1933 novel Lost Horizon. As one travels up on the Karakoram Highway, the beautiful sceneries keep on revealing themselves. Prior to the early 20th century, the people of the Hunza valley are said to have had an average lifespan of 100. This group of people were highly associated with nature, especially regarding dieting habits and lifestyle. They highly acknowledged the apricot seed, using it as currency. The Hunza valley is frequently referred to as Shangri La, and is also known as "The Valley Where you Live Forever".

Source: www.xp.supair.com...

The source is weak though (nothing but rumours), I'll have to dig deeper.

edit on 4-12-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

The history of civil registration in India dates back to the middle of the nineteenth century.' It started with the registration of deaths with a view to introducing sanitary reforms for control of pestillence and disease. Registration of births followed later on. The erstwhile Central Province of Berar was the first to introduce a system of registration of births as early of 1866.

www.cdc.gov...

I don't believe there was a system of issuing a birth certificate 179 years ago in India

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Reminds me of Louis C.K.'s bit about really old people giving t.v. interviews saying "I once met Napoleon." he says "No you didn't you oldest liar in the world." Anyway, it's very funny I assure you.

I think such solitary longevity would be horrible, all the deaths around you. It would be very hard to find anyone to relate with. I wouldn't seek out verification, what would one have to look forward to but perpetual lab assessments and study to end up a specimen, experiment, or curiosity.

Perhaps it would help add meaning to his burden if nothing else.

I hope it was the Bhang that did it.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Well once he dies they can just cut him open and count the rings...

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Sounds like a plan!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

Good point

Yoga, a nice curry and plenty of Bhang then. If the story was true!

Cut out the Yoga and it seems i'm shaping up nicely

top topics

join