It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone noticed there hasn't been any Taser deaths lately??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have a theory.

Remember all those taser deaths that were happening and police were getting heavy flack for the misuse? Take the Robert Dziekanski incident for example

This made big news and one of the cops was fired for perjury. Anyway, I think a lot of these police shootings could be retaliation against the public for getting on their case about using the taser so much. So, they're killing people as a direct F.U so we won't cry about the tasers anymore. We'll be begging for them.

Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo
True, Choking and guns are back I guess.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
maybe we just haven't been told about any of them.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I think a lot of these police shootings could be retaliation against the public for getting on their case about using the taser so much. So, they're killing people as a direct F.U so we won't cry about the tasers anymore.

Utterly ridiculous

Are we talking about some kind of Borg hive-mind ?

Just a thought

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

they actually retrained the cops...used to be aim center mass for the chest but they now teach to aim for the stomach...so perhaps that has something to do with it

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

So bullets are better?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Thats because everybody is getting shot now. Its not just black guys getting killed by white cops. Its spanish, white, asian and any other race you can think of getting shot by not just white cops, black cops, any cop. They are so jumpy now, that a lot of people are getting shot. Just like that 12 year old kid who got shot by the cop and bled out while the cop watched. You would think he would have administered aid or something especially once he realized he shot a kid with a toy gun.

link   
Who wants to reload a taser every shot?

Second...

link   
a reply to: UmbraSumus

Clearly, I'm not suggesting cops work as a collective like that. There are mandates you know.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Royal76

yes I know, but before cops were trigger happy on tasers. They loooooved their tasers. Why the sudden shift to a more lethal method?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Sorry if I came across a little bit gruff with you -

I think they may be more unwilling to put themselves at risk - so the gun may be more reassuring than the taser.

But I don't think it's "a direct F.U" to Joe-Public.

It may be the product of particular schemas influencing their expectations and guiding their behaviour. Of course, such processes are taking place at a subconscious level making the behaviour automatic.

A difficult thing to shift.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If the list on this blog is truth/fact, then I'd say your observation probably isn't all that valid?

[Link]

Seems to be about the same year to year?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

So bullets are better?

A taser hits the nervous system which in turn hits every vital organ (via the vagus nerve) including the brain (via the spinal cord). That effect can be amplified if the target is schizophrenic or under the influence of drugs (perhaps neural transmitters are more active/ receptors more sensitive).

A bullet just hits a single point.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Right, but that's in total and it only goes up to 2008

Actually, taser use in Greensboro US is down 40%

Citizen complaints of police misconduct ticked up a bit in 2012 from the year before, but only 0.009 percent — way less than 1 percent — of all calls yielded a complaint. The number of vehicle pursuits stayed about the same, but police chased criminal suspects for shorter distances. And officers shot 76 animals last year, either to euthanize a wounded animal or stop an attack from an aggressive one.
Greensboro police used Tasers to subdue people 172 times last year — about once every other day on average. Taser usage declined 24 percent in one year and more than 40 percent since 2010

www.news-record.com...

Those 76 animals are most likely dogs btw.

And then here in BC police taser use down 87% since 2010
www.cbc.ca...

So I think I'm correct to assume there could a correlation between taser use and shootings.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

No, I kind of see it as a "problem-reaction-solution" strategy. The people complained, so lets show them that tasers are a better option by using excessive force. I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that considering "crime is business". Literally.
Nothing personal in business. They have contracts with big companies like Taser International.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Do you believe this decision is happening at the level of the police officer, or coming down from higher up?

The quote below suggests the later is the case.

They have contracts with big companies like Taser International.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Oh higher up for sure.

eta: you thought I meant every cop was making a personal decision. Maybe in some cases, there have been a lot of dog shootings. But I should have said that from the get go.
edit on 3-12-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Why taser when you can kill?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Guns and sticks are in season.

Maybe death by taser will come back in a few years.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
well i chime in abit

taser deaths are mainly to the susceptible

ill give the cops this one they have no idea who is

but not the op

probly caz bullets are cheaper

a round from a tazer is not cheap a bullet is

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join