It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

District Attorneys responsible for police brutality! Our justice system is corrupt top to bottom. PE

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

No they arent, not if their not being held accountable.

How do you think they get away with lieing on police reports?

Show me a question.

And the DA has no case without the police departments cooperation period. They are usually first on scene.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Yes exactly.

Its for compliance.

They still have constitutional rights you know. they are also unionized. Its like an extension of the blue shield.

They are very powerful in this country.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

You're right, the DA has no case without the PD. Because the PD are the ones that arrest people, collect evidence, and so on. So yea....if nobody is arresting anybody, then there's no case. At all. That's not cooperation or being "in on it."

I don't know how they get away with lying on reports, other than they're crap officers who shouldn't have a badge to begin with that are working the system.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Yes exactly.

Its for compliance.

They still have constitutional rights you know. they are also unionized. Its like an extension of the blue shield.

I have no idea what you mean by "yes it's for compliance" nor do I know what constitutional rights you're referring to.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Yes exactly.

Its for compliance.

I didn't know DA's were unionized.

I thought they were County Employees.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

No i mean the PD

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

No i mean the PD

OK

I have no issues with your comments.

But, as you know there are a lot of people that need to be locked up.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Enough...

Both of these wastes of human life would be alive today.

If they simply did not resist arrest.

We have a system. Fight the Cops you will lose.

resist arrest for selling a cigarette, and get killed by a cop choking you to death. I know, why don't we just send cops out and kill all these "wastes of life", then your world would be a better place.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Enough...

Both of these wastes of human life would be alive today.

If they simply did not resist arrest.

We have a system. Fight the Cops you will lose.

resist arrest for selling a cigarette, and get killed by a cop choking you to death. I know, why don't we just send cops out and kill all these "wastes of life", then your world would be a better place.

They resisted...

What are Cops supposed to do.

The guy has been arrested over 30 times and has a history of fighting Cops.

I wish there weren't bad Cops...There are. Time to get a Lawyer.

If you fight them on the street...You see what happens.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Most Americans cant afford a lawyer and are subject to the system.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I've always thought this. When it comes down to it, the buck stops at the DA. The DA has the problem of if he goes after the Police too much then they wont have his back vs. getting those who dirty up the badge and give good cops a bad name.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Anyone been to court lately for anything?

I don't care what it is, you are told to show up to X room at TIME.

All good right? You get there, (one particular traffic ticket I received required a court date ) They divide you in the room according to whether you are going to plead guilty or non guilty.

You then wait for maybe HOURS before your case is called before the judge, you aren't really allowed to say a whole hell of a lot, dates are rattled off till your put in the list for the next series of this.

The time you are actually in front of a judge throughout a minor case in this country may add up to an hour and a half. Spread out over the course of four or five court dates.

Judges don't have time to think for SQUAT. And they don't they just look at whatever information whatever the biggest agency gives them and go with those recommendations. They don't care about the nuances, the facts, the details. Just what is the fastest way to get this case out of their courtroom.

When you have an overloaded judiciary, whatever makes the freaking process easier is going to win. Corruption? Absolutely!

Judges in bed with local lawyers. buddy buddy groups, the good ol boy network. Golf buddies.

Little pro tip, ask a lawyer if they like to file paperwork. The answer will let you know how good that particular lawyer is.

Forget everything that you see on TV about the justice system, it's a business meeting. What makes the court the most money is going to win the day. It is a guilty till proven innocent system, and most of the time you won't get a god damned say in the matter. If you have a lawyer it's the only reason you are going to be able to talk.

Go to jail sometime, you'll be in front of a TV judge within 24 hours, and it's even more rapid fire than the civil system. It took the judge looking at a file showing that I had been paying and was current on child support to keep them from throwing me in jail for six months.

Think the justice system is screwed? You have no Idea.

I can imagine corporate law is the same way only much much worse.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Yeah my grandpa taught me early that when it comes to the police. Right or wrong you do exactly what they say, always be respectful no matter what they are doing, and save all your griping, complaining, and other protest till after your safely out of their custody. You give them nothing to be afraid of, become a docile puppy. Also when being questioned your only response should be "I would like to speak to my lawyer now".
edit on 3-12-2014 by Royal76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

Trust me i know i have a felony assault. I definately was acting like an asshole at the point in my life and needed a wakeup call but i didnt need my life destroyed at that young of an age.

I had a raw experience with the system. Im not totally a victim but what happened wasnt justice.

A lot like what you described.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

True

But, a public defender as horrible as they are is still better than fighting the Cops.

That's my point...The system is broken.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I agree 100%. The "justice" system should be about justice, but the truth of the matter is that it is about money. That is the end result anyway, even if it is not always obvious. It is the same with the prison system, the end of the line for the "justice" system. And the legal system cares little for the truth either. One issue you raised, and which I think cannot be overstated, is that the treatment one receives from our "unbiased" legal system is directly related to how much money you have. If you have enough money to hire the best attorney, or even attorneys, you can bet that things will be handled differently. And prosecutors most definitely do knowingly convict innocent people. The fact that there have been proven cases of evidence being withheld, precisely because that evidence would help the person being tried, illustrates this point.

What is basically happening, again as you pointed out, is that the DA is elected. Because of this fact there is a mixing of politics and "justice." Those two things do not go well together. We need truly unbiased yet objective individuals as judges, prosecutors, politicians, etc., as that is the only way to improve this aspect of the system. I suppose we could create new laws to ensure that these things are taken more seriously, and are investigated more often, but who makes the laws? Right, the politicians, who again are connected to the system to begin with. All of these rackets are connected, and the state has a monopoly on the justice market. But you can bet that the federal government will get their piece of the pie as well, and they do.

What appals me the most, although it is hard to choose, is the fact that we are keeping people in prison not to punish them for crimes or anything that would actually make sense, but because of the cheap, almost free labor, and the fact that filling up prisons means more money for those who own the prisons. And then there is the fact that a large percentage of individuals in prison are non-violent offenders, and a large percentage of inmates are also mentally ill in some manner. The system doesn't address that in most instances. It is just so hard to fix a system that has been broken to such a degree, especially considering that there is such interconnectedness between politics and the legal system.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

I agree. Scrap it and start over.

How do other countries like finaldn and germany deal with this issue?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I understand that you are here just because the conservative idea is that if you are poor and have troubles with the law that you are automatically guilty.

We understand the conservative point of view that they like the public defender because they work hard to make sure the poor are put behind bars where conservatives feel they belong. But some people who don't have the twenty five hundred dollars it takes to retain a lawyer to even attempt at getting a fair trial at anything.

I know it makes conservatives feel better because the idea of a public defender means that technically justice is actually being served. But the Public defender doesn't exist to actually defend anyone, they only exist to find the fastest way to the close of a case.

Please don't try and convince us that conservatives have any empathy for people ensnared within the justice system other than the super wealthy.

This system is broken, and it's broken because of rich people who have completely corrupted the justice system with their money.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bhliberal

I understand that you are here just because the conservative idea is that if you are poor and have troubles with the law that you are automatically guilty.

We understand the conservative point of view that they like the public defender because they work hard to make sure the poor are put behind bars where conservatives feel they belong. But some people who don't have the twenty five hundred dollars it takes to retain a lawyer to even attempt at getting a fair trial at anything.

I know it makes conservatives feel better because the idea of a public defender means that technically justice is actually being served. But the Public defender doesn't exist to actually defend anyone, they only exist to find the fastest way to the close of a case.

Please don't try and convince us that conservatives have any empathy for people ensnared within the justice system other than the super wealthy.

This system is broken, and it's broken because of rich people who have completely corrupted the justice system with their money.

Get over yourself...I am a fiscal conservative and a social liberal.

A criminal comes in all shapes and sizes and political persuasions.

As for empathy...I have very little for real criminals.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

No. If you can't afford an attorney you get one appointed for you by the court. And I don't care what anybody says, most public defenders are looking to stick it to the system just as much as you say DAs are looking to stick it to citizens.

You can't go to trial without either an attorney or waiving your right to counsel. So again, if your court system is forcing people into trials without an attorney then you should like...do something. And not just post about it here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join