It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Prices Plummet, Sh*t Hits the Fan!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Sure, gas prices have dropped recently. But what does this really mean in the grand scheme of things? Let’s not lose sight of the bigger picture here, vigilant viewers. We’re still energy-dependent on the Middle East, still sending troops abroad to fight all because of our dependence on foreign oil. What we need to be doing is -- instead of fighting the wars in the Middle East for oil -- we need to spend that revenue finding and changing to alternative energy and away from fossil fuel burning. We need to put our resources at getting off oil dependency completely. We gotta do it. And we gotta do it now.

What do you think? Do you agree or disagree with me?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Hahahaha....I like the idea but good luck!! When something works with much profit, it is hard to talk big wigs into losing money for something better for humanity...That would mean losing money!! They don't want that!

Gas prices still aren't low enough, we are pulling the highest percentage EVER of oil out of the USA and yet our gas prices are still stupid high!

Until a better solution is found, I think we need the pipeline and we need to use all of our own oil from HERE! Let our people get the much needed benefit of lower fuel costs for everything by using our own stuff instead of overpaying for the same stuff from overseas....But who am I?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think they are trying to heat up the new cold war.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
Sure, gas prices have dropped recently. But what does this really mean in the grand scheme of things? Let’s not lose sight of the bigger picture here, vigilant viewers. We’re still energy-dependent on the Middle East, still sending troops abroad to fight all because of our dependence on foreign oil. What we need to be doing is -- instead of fighting the wars in the Middle East for oil -- we need to spend that revenue finding and changing to alternative energy and away from fossil fuel burning. We need to put our resources at getting off oil dependency completely. We gotta do it. And we gotta do it now.

There is a lot of un-certainty in the world right now and there are several un-stable situations on the world stage at the moment. However, I don't think the s*!# has hit the fan just yet. We're almost there...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Governments should be funding the installation of solar panels in as many homes, buildings, and other flat electrically connected surfaces as money can buy. I seem to remember that Jimmy Carter installed some at the White House (has Obama put in an array of them yet?) and Reagan took them out.

As for gas prices, I always go back to the memory of Colin Powell on TV talking about one of the U.S.'s middle-east "enemies" selling gas to their people for a nickel a gallon, and saying something like "This cannot stand" or "We can't allow that to continue". He was truly disgusted at the thought of people paying a nickel for gas. I say, bring on solar (and electric cars) and make gas a collector's item.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Good post, thank you OP. Last time oil prices dropped like this was in the 2nd half of 2008, right before that big ol' crisis.

What Happened Last Time Oil Prices Droppeda reply to: JesseVentura

Ironically, here's another article I read this morning on my break at work - goes along the same exact lines:
Five Reasons the Markets Are...

Thank you for sharing!

Interesting Times

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Who would be foolish enough to disagree with you, Jesse?

Totally agree about the money being spent on wars, the U.K have used up all my pension money on their involvement in these wars. There won't be any money in the pot by the time I get there, because it has been raided so often over the last decade or so.

Of course we're told that our private pensions are invested in Energy companies, so if they do bad....sorry but no premiums for you. Cheaper, cleaner energy makes total sense surely? But if we let the energy companies undertake all of the research, we will be paying for it in the long run.

And on the plus side, we can let the Arabs sort their own affairs out, once they no longer have the protection of our military forces.

edit on 3/12/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Oil will be used far into the future as there are a plethora of petroleum based products we use every day.

That said, as far as go juice for transportation, yeah I agree it's got to go.

Zero point energy is the means, denied to the world by the few who fear their loss of power over us.

edit on 12/3/2014 by dezertdog because: sentence fixed

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Disagree on the negative impact of lower energy prices, which are all good if you are not an economy dependent on oil exports, such as many Arab nations, Russia and Venezuela. Other large producers, such as Canada and the US have mixed economies so the impact is reduced and also benefit from reduced energy costs.

Not sure where the OP comes from, but the US is no longer dependent on oil, but is dependent on a half decent world economy that is (er) oil dependent.

The economy of oil means that when it starts to get too expensive or unreliable other things will take their place. In the US the stop gap is fracking and other countries see that as a legitimate way out. Ultimately, technology will be our saviour.

Regards

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Not sure where they are dropping . Here in Southwest Michigan it's still $2.89 that's only a dime since summer.

We'll be in another crisis soon enough definitely within a month

edit on 3-12-2014 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
You mean more S*%T hits the fan, so what's your next move jabba jaws ? You look sorta like Steven Seagal in your posing photos, but I think you master in Crapkido. Thanks for bringing what is already mainstream to our attention big fella.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

In the end, it comes down to profitability. If there is no profit to be made from researching alternative fuel and energy sources, then it won't be done. It will take a situation like Cuba post the Soviet collapse when they lost 90% of their imported oil before we make a concerted effort.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

What we need to be doing is -- instead of fighting the wars in the Middle East for oil -- we need to spend that revenue finding and changing to alternative energy and away from fossil fuel burning.

Dear Mr Janos, first, people need to start driving smaller more economical vehicles, walk more, use more public transport, share vehicles, cycle etc, and spend the saved revenue on things like education, healthcare, homeless etc. THIS will save a fortune much faster than waiting for what you say here is the answer AND people would be a whole lot healthier saving EVEN MORE money in the lower demand for healthcare.

Spending money on warmongering should be a seperate issue and also stopped imo.

Alternative energy cars ultimately cost a fortune and have a large carbon footprint because of the small production numbers and the rediculous (but predictable) obsession with speed...eg, luxury supercars.

Please come back and discuss.
edit on 3/12/2014 by nerbot because: stuff

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I don't really believe that you even believe the
componants you mentioned are, as you seem to mention
them, so 123, ABC. Not ever. Take the sending troops
abroad for instance? Just on the cuff, the reasons for
doing such, appear to be far more complex. The closer
one looks, the more the complex appearence proves to
be, only an intentional veil. A viel that hides an other
wise, so obvious truth. As to why the rich, send the poor
to die ? But they've been do'in it for thousands of years.

And the poor just keep come'n Jesse!
So what's up with that?

edit on Rpm120314v39201400000033 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

As others have pointed out the drop in oil prices etc all point to something sinister. Never have the US/UK allowed competition to create fair prices that benefit the little people. Its clear that this is an attack on Russia prompting them to cave in or lash out, whatever comes first.
Seeing these people as they are, a large corporation void of nationality the pawns are being moved into position to bring about a mutual war. I think with the Russian parliament pointing to a recession next year the Russian people are in for hard times. This will be blamed on the US sanctions and aggressions along with the starvation of loved ones will bring about a ever growing hatred and contempt of Americans. This will give the Kremlin the required support to attack and bring about war. This will bring down everything, the economy will collapse, those executive powers will be called into play and those who fight will die and those who refuse will be sent to work camps to die. The laws that we have stood idley by and allowed to be put in place will be the chains that will bind us in the future.

Stop thinking about yourselves people and start thinking of your children and grandchildren because it is they who will be the victims of your willingness to bury your head in the sand (T.V).

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

uhmmm... technically we don't have to be dependent on saudi oil. we're exceeding everyone's production output combined.

We aren't dependent on jack.

www.bloomberg.com...

The U.S. will remain the world’s biggest oil producer this year after overtaking Saudi Arabia and Russia as extraction of energy from shale rock spurs the nation’s economic recovery, Bank of America Corp. said.

U.S. production of crude oil, along with liquids separated from natural gas, surpassed all other countries this year with daily output exceeding 11 million barrels in the first quarter, the bank said in a report today. The country became the world’s largest natural gas producer in 2010. The International Energy Agency said in June that the U.S. was the biggest producer of oil and natural gas liquids.

edit on 3-12-2014 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Oil prices will need to go sky high for alternative energy to become cost effective.
It would be nice if someone found an alternative energy source that made fossil fuels unnecessary... hasn't happened yet.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I agree with you, just think you're being a little hypocritical. It's hard to take someone seriously when they own a nearly 10,000 square foot home heated with forced air and at the same time preach energy conservation and "off-grid" living.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Completely agree, powering the world based on 19th century technology only benefits those who control the 19th century technology.

We need to leave that poison in the ground.

Derek

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Makes you wonder doesn't it, shouldn't this be a priority for the world? Why are we going to Mars when we could be funding research into infinite energy machines using magnetics? Tesla was pretty damn close 100 years ago, and considering how far we've come since then it's surprising that we are still using old combustion engines?

You need to go on CNN and blurt this out Jesse, it's becoming the elephant in the room. A new form of energy would completely change the power structure on this planet; hence why we don't have one.
edit on 3-12-2014 by seanizle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join