It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: No Charges in Eric Garner Chokehold Case for Officer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SloAnPainful

Considering the overall volume of people that go through Grand Central during the evening rush it's not a bad thing to have adequate personnel on hand.

link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Please don't riot, this case could be the keystone in the legitimate cause for the significant reduction of police power across this country.

May God bless this victim of unprovoked police violence and let his sacrifice be not squandered.

I think this is what should be focused upon. Not bloody riots and looting, but using this example as to why we need drastic change. Then this man's death will have been for something worth while. I cannot imagine a better way to honor the death of this man.

link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

"Expect it to be peaceful" yet they have 15 cops lined up there...? I understand preparations but they obviously have reasons to think that it won't be peaceful...

-SAP-

Considering the already established volatile environment, I think it is a good thing!

Think about it. If the mayor did nothing and things got out of control then people would be bitching about it. Let's just hope the police prevent the agent provocateurs from burning down businesses like they didn't do in Ferguson!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Coming over Twitter.

Union Square protests starting now.

Times Square protests starting at 5PM.

Rockefeller Center protests, to disrupt the tree lighting ceremony, are to start at 8PM.

Crowd in increasing at the beauty store were Eric Garner was choked by NYPD cop.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums
a reply to: seeker1963

I wasn't stating it was a bad thing, just pointing it out.

It is a VERY good thing to be prepared for something like this.

-SAP-

edit on 3-12-2014 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
wow, quelle surprise.

etc.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful
a reply to: Djarums
a reply to: seeker1963

I wasn't stating it was a bad thing, just pointing it out.

It is a VERY good thing to be prepared for something like this.

-SAP-

I understood you!

No worries!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I wish I could think like that. I feel like a hypocrite having the opinion I do, but seeing the video of this event, I cannot imagine any evidence that would justify the cops actions as "alright". As I said, I don't thin the cop meant to kill anyone, and I think he would have did this no matter what race the guy was, but none of that makes what did right. he used excessive force where it was not needed and it resulted in a man's death. (IMHO)

Exactly. The issue is not race, or who happens to be the president. The issue is that this cop, who has been in trouble before for violating policy, used a choke hold on an unarmed man and at the very least, contributed monumentally to his death. Choke holds were completely banned in NY in 1993. And I strongly suspect that the cop would have choked the guy out regardless of the color of his skin, and focusing on that instead of the real issue...excessive force...is the very thing that allows them to walk away from it unscathed. The "race card" garbage clouds what is a very real issue and a very real threat to people of all colors and creeds, and that issue is that we have people in our police departments who have no business wearing a badge in the first place.

It would be really nice to see law enforcement as a whole get their act together and get the bullies in their employ off the streets so that the real cops can actually do their jobs. But keep on whining about race and that cycle will just continue, ad infinitum. Stop making it about skin color and make it about police brutality and excessive force, which is the real problem here.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I sense these grand juries are being instructed "look at the big picture. If we start indicting LE for murder while on duty people will lose faith in the system and that can only lead to anarchy. Let us handle this internally. Trust us."

Sooner or later it won't matter what a grand jury decides. If you catch my drift.

edit on 12/3/2014 by dezertdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
call me paranoid, but...
Everyone knows the MSM doesn't release a thing without a go ahead from the top.
Ferguson didn't work, now this angle?
WTF is with the civil unrest angle?
-Militarized police departments
-Ebola nurse w cdc/eis fed agent screaming about her civil rights
-Ferguson msm fueled civil rights issues
-ny choke death, publicized nationally even with vid on net.
-other misc. cop brutality/ harassment, killing pets

This is getting psyco.
I'm about ready to 86 this pig before pres ebola breaks out martial law and fema camps.
We are about at the point, that we need to call in the army to clean house.
All the conspiracy theories are starting to come to a head.
Is this the big culling plan, or what?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dezertdog
a reply to: IAMTAT

Sooner or later it won't matter what a grand jury decides.

I have a feeling it already doesn't matter what they decide.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I can't help but feel this shows how grand juries are not the best way to go.
That they can be manipulated and the out come of it is what ever they prosecution wants.
We all can clearly seen this man was killed by unjust force, but yet a jury of our peers couldn't find any thing wrong with this?
I bet 'by the book' the cop did everything he was trained to do and that is ultimately what got this cop off.
That damn book needs a major rewrite

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Protests starting in Grand Central…

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

"The issue is not race"

Easy to say, unless you are of a race that perceives themselves to be victims of racist law enforcers, or disproportionately the victims of profiling and abuse by police and the justice system.

From THAT perspective it is ALL about race, and that is why cases like this are so dangerous.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
"Die in" at Grand Central…

So far, protestors aren't speaking at all.
edit on 3-12-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It will be very interesting to watch how communist NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio handles any unrest which takes place.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Again, another NON race issue becoming one... Boy we fall for it each and every single time!

That doesn't change the fact though that the cop was way out of line. If someone is going to riot like in Ferguson, it should be over something like this. Not some trumped up non-issue of a criminal attacking a cop which happens often.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Five minutes ago, the die-in is still going on in Grand Central…

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I try to give the police the benefit of the doubt, as I know they have a difficult job. In the case of Michael Brown, I thought the officer was likely justified in the actions he took given the available evidence. But this case? I'd seen the video before and watching it again now, I still reach the same conclusion: this guy really wasn't doing much of anything as far as I could see. This looks like excessive force to me.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Police are closing in on the Grand Central protest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join