It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: No Charges in Eric Garner Chokehold Case for Officer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
1. The fact that we elected a black president has unleashed a resurgence of racism in this country.

I strongly disagree. People of every race and creed and heritage voted for Obama. Are you saying that the cops who caused this are anti-Obama republicans and are somehow getting even for Obama being elected back in 2008 by using excessive force on this NYC guy ?? I'm thinking that's a real stretch. Or am I misinterpreting the logical conclusion to what you posted?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Exactly!

This crap of bringing up Obama being black is ridiculous!

While many of us who dislike Obama because of his policies and lies are so quickly called "racists" is the most disingenuous and covert form shutting down a political adversary, goes to show how desperate some people are to cling to their political church come hell or high water!

In this case, I will say, this is nothing more than more proof of how our judicial system will ALWAYS protect their ENFORCERS! It isn't about racism, but about the militarization of our police forces!

Racism was just a convenient way to take the attention away from the real issue, and quite frankly it is disgusting that people are falling for it, or knowingly support it!

Just my 2 cents!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I felt the Grand Jury was correct in the Brown case. THIS case, however, seems very different...as a case of excessive force being used recklessly and resulting in death.

Was this racially-motivated?...I don't think so. However, I don't know all of the evidence presented to the G.Jury...and, perhaps, we need to trust that since they were privy to ALL of the evidence, they made a sober and rational decision based on all the facts.
I don't believe that the Grand Jurors were racist...so we have to respect their decision, regardless of whether or not we agree.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Unlike the Brown case where I agreed with no indictment, this was all caught on camera phone. He wasn't making threatening moves to the cops. There appears to be enough evidence to go to a trial. There should have been an indictment, IMHO. Apparently even video evidence isn't enough to indict cops. Body cameras on cops won't change things in most cases.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Yes they will, at least the people know this is full of #.
Body cams take the cya that the PD's are masters at out of the equation.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Jeez maybe I should send a plane ticket for my nephew to come and stay with me for awhile he is young hot headed and very angry about Ferguson but this is right in his town maybe he can skip a semester from college.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I've alread said it 100 times. The problem isn't awareness the problem is the prosecution.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I felt the Grand Jury was correct in the Brown case. THIS case, however, seems very different...as a case of excessive force being used recklessly and resulting in death.

Was this racially-motivated?...I don't think so. However, I don't know all of the evidence presented to the G.Jury...and, perhaps, we need to trust that since they were privy to ALL of the evidence, they made a sober and rational decision based on all the facts.
I don't believe that the Grand Jurors were racist...so we have to respect their decision, regardless of whether or not we agree.

I wish I could think like that. I feel like a hypocrite having the opinion I do, but seeing the video of this event, I cannot imagine any evidence that would justify the cops actions as "alright". As I said, I don't thin the cop meant to kill anyone, and I think he would have did this no matter what race the guy was, but none of that makes what did right. he used excessive force where it was not needed and it resulted in a man's death. (IMHO)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Wow I cannot believe how screwed up Fox News is and that interview. I caught it on the last part and don't know his name (maybe thats a good thing). I would call that guy up. That guy up there (whatever that bald guys name was) trying to say the maneuver that was used was not a choke hold. They really tripped this jury up & got them feeding out of their hands. Ok, if it wasn't a choke hold, then wtf is Garner dead??? Question #2: for the medical examiner, can a person be killed by blocking blood on the left side only and not the right side?? I think we all know the answer to that question! Blood goes up & blood goes down it's simple basic health 101 info that even a grade school kid would know. So if you block blood flow on one side, then the other side doesn't move either. So, this 'seatbelt maneuver' that idiot on tv is spouting about says it wouldn't kill is bs. Ok let me choke you on one side of your throat for 5 minutes and see if you don't die!
edit on 3-12-2014 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Here we go again. One gets over and another one starts... Sad that this is what this country has become...

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: YayMayorBee
a reply to: chrismarco

That same logic would apply to people who get in a car after drinking and kill someone.

Exactly!
Or exonerate the get away car driver?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Now you know why the Mike Brown shooting was national news and this was brushed under the rug. It doesn’t fit with the divide agenda. But I completely agree this was excessive force and a person got killed. The officer should at least be charged with manslaughter.

Unfortunately this will never reach anywhere near the media coverage of Thug Gangsta Thief Mike Brown.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I imagine that the Grand Jury decision came down to a preponderance of the presented evidence concerning the difference between an illegal 'choke hold'...and a legal 'head lock'.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm quite well-versed in the evidence of the Michael Brown case, and I agree with the grand jury's decision there.

I'm no so well-versed in the evidence in this case, so I have yet to make an objective opinion--but without having access to the medical information concerning this case, it seems like the officer should have at least been indicted in this case. But, like I said, I'm not sure of all the information.

Am I incorrect that this choke-hold is a banned defense in the NYPD?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I just have to say, with so much fervor and disagreement over the Michael Brown case, it's refreshing to see the community here mostly united in their outrage at this decision. What a miscarriage of justice this case was. The video evidence and the ME's report makes it pretty clear there is reason to indict.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

Now you know why the Mike Brown shooting was national news and this was brushed under the rug. It doesn’t fit with the divide agenda. But I completely agree this was excessive force and a person got killed. The officer should at least be charged with manslaughter.

Unfortunately this will never reach anywhere near the media coverage of Thug Gangsta Thief Mike Brown.

I don't know...According to the news, it was just announced that the Rev. Al Sharpton is headin' to NYC!

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I don't think this was racially motivated. I don't think Wilson should have been indicted, but this cop used excessive force and inadvertently caused a person's death.

I don't agree with this decision. If someone doesn't make some changes, there will be justifiable riots. And when those happen, Ferguson and LA will look like a playground.

make changes???....that choke hold was made illegal, the guy said he couldn't breathe, he had no weapon, there were officers on top of him that already had him restrained, the coroner wrote in his report that it was a homicide, and IT WAS ALL ON VIDEO!!!....the officer needs to go to prison, period.
edit on 3-12-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful

Here we go again. One gets over and another one starts... Sad that this is what this country has become...

-SAP-

What is sad, is that the first one was a psyop!

This one DESERVES attention that it won't get because people were so easily led to fall for the first one, therefore this one will disappear! It's sad that those who so flippantly screamed "racist" at every given chance have actually done more harm than those who actually are racist.

Businesses were burnt to the ground in Ferguson while the police and national guard did nothing to protect them! Who told them to do nothing?

This incident here deserves attention!

Psychology and manipulation of others by using it, is a fascinating subject!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is what happens when people cry wolf. I kept saying to others that if they (msm, obama, sharpton) continue with the race baiting narrative the people will get sick of it and will not consider the real cases of it. This is clearly a case where it is real, this man literally did nothing and died because of of it.

This is sad. I thought the Ferguson rioters should have used Eric Garner as their poster boy, because this should have been a clear cut case. He just stood there, minding his own business.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: brandiwine14
This is what happens when people cry wolf. I kept saying to others that if they (msm, obama, sharpton) continue with the race baiting narrative the people will get sick of it and will not consider the real cases of it. This is clearly a case where it is real, this man literally did nothing and died because of of it.

This is sad. I thought the Ferguson rioters should have used Eric Garner as their poster boy, because this should have been a clear cut case. He just stood there, minding his own business.

This is not proof of racism, but it certainly is proof of the militarization of our police forces and how the justice system WILL protect it's minions!

I do agree with your "boy who cried wolf" analogy!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: greydaze

What the hell does it take to indict a Cop?

Citizens that realize America and all it's lies and illusions is absolutely worthless until they take action to defend their rights from these occupiers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join