It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF SAUCER PROGRAM DECLASSIFIED not the Avro

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Big Sky has a handful. Maybe four or so. I think they stay mostly on the west coast though. The Collings Foundation has one. Got to see it in action awhile back.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Now that'd be a breath of fresh air! I've been chomping at the bit to see at least one of these new platforms for myself. It'd be interesting to hear what this one sounds like...maybe like fireworks?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

The Boeing Bird of Prey is a perfect example of what they may do. It's possible they may be declassifying an aircraft that didn't even fly that much or isn't going to fly ever again.
It would be super cool and I'll hold out hope though that isn't the case and we get to see something that actually got used operationally and is still in flying condition.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
In opinion, what will be soon declassified ?? Something actual and pretty cool or some sort of old prototype not in service actualy ?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I would say how could it be weaponized? THEY would do that you know us or them.
Perhaps it's taking this long to counter the threat of such use?
I would hope money alone would have little bearing but development as a species WILL require it.

edit on 5-12-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I would say how could it be weaponized? THEY would do that you know us or them.
Perhaps it's taking this long to counter the threat of such use?
I would hope money alone would have little bearing but development as a species WILL require it.

I think I understand what you mean, the technology has been developed but the philosophy of whether or not it should be used in destructive means is necessary. Sort of like the nuclear device we have now, we can use them as a bomb or according to who/what you believe as a propulsion method.

Or perhaps a counter for whatever technology is not possible?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: network dude

In theory a saucer is more aerodynamic and efficient.

Which brings us 180 degrees back to Network Dude's point.

If the saucer airframe is more efficient, more aerodynamic and doesn't have all the sticky out bits a conventional airframe has...why don't we have fleets of aircraft based upon this more efficient design?

Saucers have been around in lore in one form or another from literature to the movie industry for almost a century now, it's not like the more efficient and i would assume cost effective design is a new idea, so why are we not living the 'Jetsons' right now?

Perhaps we do have fleets of them...just not here.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Because the ability to control them and keep them stable hasn't existed until recently. Like all unstable aircraft it would require extensive computer control.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I mean having an effective counter if a bad guys uses the tech.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join