It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona pastor predicts ‘AIDS-free Christmas’ if all gays are killed, as God commands

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
I don't understand the point of this thread. So everyone can say how dumb they think this guy is? How tolerant they are of gays? I donno about you sometimes ats.

The point of this thread is to point out how religious leaders can twist and rationalize Biblical scripture to fit

racism, homophobia, or anyother bat**** crazy idea that they want to promote and proselytize about;

To appeal to their sick followers, get a few bucks in the collection plate and bolster their dumbass egos.

Have you even read the responses to the thread. It's quite evident what the point is....

Yeah this has been going on for... I have no Idea how long but it's not new. It's just rehashing and personal opinion of an issue that has existed for time immemorial. Which then leads me to wonder again, what is the point of this thread?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well this thread made my morning cup of chai more interesting.....

All I can say is WOW

Does this man think that the 66% of the world AIDS sufferers who are straight are going to magically cured if the gays are exterminated? What about the new ones that will pop up? - new gay people pop up every single day on this planet.

I can't believe that people listen to this sort of lowbrow low I.Q. BS to be honest.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
and BTW, I know atheist that think homosexuality is wrong.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Just because you received flak for an opinion before from some posters doesn't mean that those are the same posters giving you flak today.

I did not say it was the same people but some of them are still around, I have had great discussions with followers of Islam on the forum, they were glad to answer my questions, it was the defenders of Islam, the atheist that attacked,

edit on 033131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

Which then leads me to wonder again, what is the point of this thread?

To vilify Christians

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

No they do that well without anyones help.
It is like they want people to think they are bat # crazy so they can cry persecution.
Poor Christians pfft.
It is just people are waking up to their BS religion. (all religion is BS and I believe in God).

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Well that person is worse off than the religious. At least the religious can justify their hate on morality from their moldy tome. Atheists don't have any beliefs so an atheist with the idea that homosexuality is wrong has no basis from which that thought originated from. That is unless he is an ex-religious person and has just carried his morality over from his religion like many atheists do.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

To vilify Christians

No, to point at this particular nutjob and laugh. Loudly.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Just because you received flak for an opinion before from some posters doesn't mean that those are the same posters giving you flak today.

I did not say it was the same people but some of them are still around, I have had great discussions with followers of Islam on the forum, they were glad to answer my questions, it was the defenders of Islam, the atheist that attacked,

You started talking about the double standard. That implies that someone(s) is/are being hypocritical to you. If it's not the same people then the double standard doesn't exist. You are just receiving flak from different people for different reasons.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Leviticus 18 laws dating back to Middle Assyrian laws

cdli.ox.ac.uk...

There is so much more I could post but I'm to damn worn out.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

To vilify Christians

No, to point at this particular nutjob and laugh. Loudly.

Yes, exactly. This person does not represent the true path toward enlightenment. He is nothing more that a silly attention seeking little man using the time honoured trick of controversial shock tactics in order to gain attention to himself.

I thing he has mummy and daddy issues myself......
edit on 3-12-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

No they do that well without anyones help.
It is like they want people to think they are bat # crazy so they can cry persecution.
Poor Christians pfft.
It is just people are waking up to their BS religion. (all religion is BS and I believe in God).

Naw, they don't want people to think they are crazy, some of them just haven't really researched, they are uneducated in certain matters, now I know other preachers with vast libraries, I used to clean their homes, that is where I began researching , from the interest I had in the books in their libraries

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

By double standard I mean some atheist will defend other religions and only trash Christians

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

By double standard I mean some atheist will defend other religions and only trash Christians

Speaking as an atheist I trash any religious leader who comes up with the type of utter garbage that this guy from Arizona has vomited forth. Hate speech of any sort in public like this is unacceptable. I'd love to know how many people this idiot was speaking to. Hopefully just a handful.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Speaking as an atheist I trash any religious leader who comes up with the type of utter garbage that this guy from Arizona has vomited forth. Hate speech of any sort in public like this is unacceptable. I'd love to know how many people this idiot was speaking to. Hopefully just a handful.

But not all are like this.

The church keeps evolving in many ways.

OH well I'm gonna leave before I get into trouble.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well that person is worse off than the religious. At least the religious can justify their hate on morality from their moldy tome. Atheists don't have any beliefs so an atheist with the idea that homosexuality is wrong has no basis from which that thought originated from. That is unless he is an ex-religious person and has just carried his morality over from his religion like many atheists do.

Well most Atheist acknowledges nature and the the universe and the practice of homosexual is clearly in conflict with the laws of the universe and the continuation of the species. So on that basis homosexuality is wrong but I would not kill anyone because they are a homosexual.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

Wrong it is present in nature and does not stop any animal from having babies.

en.wikipedia.org...

If an Atheist doesn't agree with it it is solely on personal bigoted views.

link   
One more thing.

It sad and a disgrace that Christians know so little of the history of their religion, that they don't research in-depth, I did.

The Biblical text are fascinating whether you are atheist or Christian.

Most of what I was taught in church were a few scriptures here and there as words to live by.

Mostly it was my own personally journey that taught me what little I know.

link   
a reply to: olaru12

At least the comedic value of the guy's rant is priceless.

On a more serious note,though,to me-what others do with their genitals is their own business.It is no reason for me to dislike or call them evil.

I guess it is a good example (one of many) of why I was able to see religion for what it really is at such a young age.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I found certain books in the bible to be fascinating (the alien abduction in ezekiel and the antichrist in revelations).

If they would have preached about things like that in the bible instead of ranting about getting rid of gays-they might have gotten a few more quarters out of my 9 year old pocket.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join