It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona pastor predicts ‘AIDS-free Christmas’ if all gays are killed, as God commands

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I don't understand the point of this thread. So everyone can say how dumb they think this guy is? How tolerant they are of gays? I donno about you sometimes ats.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

I think it's more about how some religious leaders are calling for genocide.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
So the bible says this.

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

By default, if you're a christian and you believe in the bible, then you believe this. I didn't think you could cherry pick the parts of the bible you like and disregard what you do not? If that's the case what's to stop me from taking out some of what Jesus or Paul say or disbelieving revelations or keeping only 9 of the 10 commandments.

Take it out of the bible if you're a Christian and then we can have a good discussion.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

That's not exactly something new.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I asked this but isn't that book in the OT? Christians follow the NT don't they...or that was the excuse I was told by them.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

And that's the thing. I'm not religious, but I don't care if someone believes homosexuality is a sin, that's the whole point of religion, I guess, having a long list of do's and dont's. However, when one calls for genocide and mass killings, that's where "meh, whatever" turns into "WTF!"

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I asked this but isn't that book in the OT? Christians follow the NT don't they...or that was the excuse I was told by them.

But the 10 commandments are in the old testament. The Genesis creation story is in the old testament. We're also told that the bible is the word of God, and cannot be changed. (even though it has numberous times throughout history) So...

Then we have many Christians like this fellow who follow the old testament.. ken hamm and his bunch following the old testament. It depends on which group of Christians you hang out with.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

If you care to follow through on your research (as well as your "gut instincts") and find out that even the Bible is not as clear cut in it's supposed damnation of gays, lesbians, bis, et. al.

Check out some of the actual verbiage between Jonathan and David in the OT. Check out the healing of the Centurion's pais in the NT.

ill def go back and check that out man thank you so much for the direction!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

So they can cherry pick through the bible to cater for their own bigoted views.
They always bring up that passage but do not mention the other laws in that book like do not eat shellfish etc.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: boymonkey74

But the 10 commandments are in the old testament. The Genesis creation story is in the old testament. We're also told that the bible is the word of God, and cannot be changed. (even though it has numberous times throughout history) So...

Then we have many Christians like this fellow who follow the old testament.. ken hamm and his bunch following the old testament. It depends on which group of Christians you hang out with.

This is why I don't take the bible seriously anymore. No one can agree on what exactly it is and isn't supposed to say. Seems pretty odd that something claiming to be the ultimate truth can be interpreted and read however one pleases.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Never was taught to hate in the church I was raised in and never heard anyone preach about homosexuality.

I think this is more common now since people are more open about their sexuality.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

IT IS NOT the responsability of the individual to punish JUST inform,THE IDEA is UNITY not seperation.mankind isn't really that GOOD yet. Just because there Christian Hitlers roll with the garbage THEIR small factions believe,doesn't mean we all do ANYMORE than we would BLAME Richard Simmons on OLARU.

It's is as comparatively ODD to christianity.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
I don't understand the point of this thread. So everyone can say how dumb they think this guy is? How tolerant they are of gays? I donno about you sometimes ats.

The point of this thread is to point out how religious leaders can twist and rationalize Biblical scripture to fit

racism, homophobia, or anyother bat**** crazy idea that they want to promote and proselytize about;

To appeal to their sick followers, get a few bucks in the collection plate and bolster their dumbass egos.

Have you even read the responses to the thread. It's quite evident what the point is....

edit on 3-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Gryphon66

IT IS NOT the responsability of the individual to punish JUST inform,THE IDEA is UNITY not seperation.mankind isn't really that GOOD yet. Just because there Christian Hitlers roll with the garbage THEIR small factions believe,doesn't mean we all do ANYMORE than we would BLAME Richard Simmons on OLARU.

It's is as comparatively ODD to christianity.

If it were odd to Christianity then the religious right wouldn't be lobbying to keep gays from getting married.

link   
I guess the Muslim faith's actions are more palatable to you?

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

WHICH has WHAT do do with killing them?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Hate is hate regardless if you want to kill them or not.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I guess the Muslim faith's actions are more palatable to you?

Not to me! But I wasn't raised in the Islamic faith. I was raised as a Baptist and reject and resent their using the Bible as an Instrument of hate!!

btw...what did you mean with the Richard Simmons comment?

THEIR small factions believe,doesn't mean we all do ANYMORE than we would BLAME Richard Simmons on OLARU.

edit on 3-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I gotta say, a few years back I was given a hard time by many forum members because I posted info. on homosexuals that had been hung in Iran.

Oh boy, I was called a hater and an Islamophobe, My feelings were I was posting this not out of hate but out of love and sorrow for the suffering, the suppression of men and women.

I never quite understood the double standard on the forum.

However if you are going to educate the world try a loving approach, free of judgment and full of tolerance.

Being snarky and judgmental only makes people defensive, take the scriptures in question and examine them in line with the times they were written in mind.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I gotta say, a few years back I was given a hard time by many forum members because I posted info. on homosexuals that had been hung in Iran.

Oh boy, I was called a hater and an Islamophobe, My feelings were I was posting this not out of hate but out of love and sorrow for the suffering, the suppression of men and women.

I never quite understood the double standard on the forum.

Are you sure that the same people that were calling you out then are doing the opposite today? ATS is a big forum with a wide array of opinions among all the members. Just because you received flak for an opinion before from some posters doesn't mean that those are the same posters giving you flak today. Also people's opinions change over time. For all you know some of them have changed their stances on these issues since then. I'm also sure there are a few trolls as well.

However if you are going to educate the world try a loving approach, free of judgment and full of tolerance.

Being snarky and judgmental only makes people defensive, take the scriptures in question and examine them in line with the times they were written in mind.

I already do that. That's why I don't listen to it anymore.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join