It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy coincidences or something else?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
My previous posts here on ATS pretty much express the skeptic I am for most things, but I do find coincidences rather interesting. I've come to Skunk Works as I know some folk believe in energy connections/invisible/spiritual stuff between humans so although I can't say either way, it would be interesting to hear the thoughts of other members here. I'll start with one of mine:

A decade ago I was travelling around SE Asia with a girl who I loved but fell out badly with on Ko Samui (Thailand) and we split, with me leaving the island for the mainland where I mooched around sulking for a few days. Long story short, I missed her and wanted to try fix things but neither of us had mobile phones so it was just internet cafes for emails. Last mail she had sent me was that she was moving on to Cambodia so I caught the overnight train to Bangkok intending to do the same, and email her as soon as I got there.
Taxi from the train station to Khaosan Road then I walked into one of the many internet cafes nearby to email the girl I missed.
There was maybe 80 to 100 people staring at screens so I found an unoccupied space, logged onto my email, had a nagging feeling to look to my left, and there sat 2 screens over, the girl I loved turned to face me. She had just started emailing me.
It would have been an amazing cheesy love film as we leapt from our seats and embraced each other lol, but I do wonder what crazy coincidences fellow members have experienced, or any interesting thoughts on claims of invisible connections between us humans?
...skunk works, all wild speculation is welcome, thanks in advance

edit on 11Wed, 03 Dec 2014 11:18:31 -0600am18122014f31am12 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I don't believe in coincidences, yes the word is used to describe such things as your experience by some,

Others call it fate or synchronicity that is meant to open your eyes to something much deeper.

If love is involved, well in my opinion nothing goes deeper than love.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale
Thanks for the reply, my thoughts are similar to yours , especially regarding people who we love.
I've got absolutely nothing to back it up though so lamely default to the coincidence label with an open mind.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I couldn't agree more and disagree at the same time. It's beautiful. If I totaly believe in anything it is: there are concidences. How can you live without them?
But nothing goes deeper than love.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

How can you live without them?

Just call them something else.

Its simply belief and one perception,

I have many many coincidences happen so much so that I needed to understand the concept of coincidence and came to the conclusion i have that its simply a word to describe by those that don't believe in fate.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Thanks for the reply, my thoughts are similar to yours , especially regarding people who we love.
I've got absolutely nothing to back it up though so lamely default to the coincidence label with an open mind.

Your experience backs it up for you personally in my opinion.

Our beliefs are all we have, we can choose what we believe in and sometimes reality helps us make those choices even thought they might seem delusional to some.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

okay, I always take in new ideas, what do I look out for? Synchronicity? With what?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

okay, I always take in new ideas, what do I look out for? Synchronicity? With what?

I cant say as it is personal to the observer/experiencer how they choose to label their experiences when coincidence occur.

I use the term so readers can understand but like I said my experience have lead me to believe coincidences are much deeper than most want to believe and there are words that suit the experience better in my opinion which of coarse could be the ego telling me so, but I still believe, I guess you have to have stubbornness like some religious folk do, stuck in their beliefs no matter what.

Many like to use numbers like the 11.11 phenomena or other synchronizing numbers people see everywhere,

Some I believe use experiences like grainofsand experienced or being at the right place at the right time or the opposite being in the wrong place at the wrong time that dictate how we understand reality and how we judge our experience and those of others.

There are many great threads about synchronicity on ATS where many have questioned why or what it means.

My opinion its extremely personal, I choose to go the way of fate and destiny that isn't written in stone but is written in the aether or some form of reality we cannot perceive all the time but get glimpses of here and there if that makes sense.

We can change our fate and faith in it if we are unhappy with what we believe in.

Well not we but I, I believed and still do that anything and everything is possible, how probable some of those possibilities are is debatable if one wants the probability to match possibility.

I am happy with simply the possibilities I believe in, it gives me comfort at times when those possibilities aren't of a negative nature.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

So you're talking "the Alchemist" and how everybody has a legend to follow? You sense when some one is just doing the right thing, meaning: following his fate? Is that the picture you're going for?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I'll add a similar occurrence of my own that is probably even more difficult to believe.

In 1985 my wife and I were far from our home in Champaign, Illinois, visiting a sister in Washington and and on a side trip to Victoria, B.C. A popular place to visit there for lunch is in "Chinatown." As we were walking along, we passed two Asian guys going the opposite way. A few seconds later my wife gasped and said, "I think I know that guy." I said, "How could that be possible?" At her insistence we turned around and caught up with the pair and sure enough, it was an old college acquaintance of hers from prior to 1967. He was over from his home in Hong Kong visiting a sister in San Diego and had decided to come up to Victoria with his brother-in-law for a brief holiday within a holiday.

That story defies a few billion odds I suspect just in the likelihood of both old friends being far from each's home and crossing virtually the same exact spot on the planet. But for her to actually recognize the friend his face being visible, etc., and be certain of it enough to go speak with him is and always will be incredibly difficult to relate to a simple, if amazing coincidence. Just to be clear, my late wife displayed no signs of psi-type abilities before or after that encounter.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

(...if it's not too personal)
what information was imparted/received during this *chance* encounter...?
(and if none was)
what information COULD'VE been imparted/received during this *chance* encounter...?

i think everyone is exactly where they're meant to be
(but as for everyone doing what they're exactly meant to be doing... that's another thing)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I have had a good deep thought about these occuances and started a thread yesterday offering a far far fetched explanation for them but I have a few more, heres another one.

If there are an infinate number of universes where every possible situation is played out then there are an ifinate amount of universes where this incident occured.

What if you had the ability to move between these universes through the power of your mind?

For one thing it could explain the concept of prayer?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

dunno..
..do they hold *prayer* meetings at places like CERN??
i know the UN has a *meditation* room....
/shrug

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I am not religious but if I worked at cern I imagine I would have a quick rayer to anyone listening when cranking up the lhc.

I just meant to put it out there as an alternative to coincidence and religion.

a reply to: UNIT76

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I just love to hear about coincidences. NPR (national public radio) here in the U.S. has a program where they present and discuses them.

I have had a lot, but one that comes to mind happened back in 1974 while I was in college in Phoenix, Arizona. At the time my Mom had remarried and was living in Edmonton Alberta, Canada. My sister and I planned to drive up to visit here during summer vacation. I went over to triple A to get a trip route map, they would create a custom map to your destination, this was before Google Maps. As we headed into Montana, I noticed that the trip plan had us exiting the freeway to take a 2 lane road short cut. This short cut would take us thru the really small town of Twin Bridges, just a T in the road, a general store, bar, and a restaurant. I started day dreaming, that it would be nice if I could see one of my fraternity brothers, whose family had a ranch in the area. As we pulled up to the one stop sign in the town, I heard my nickname being called, I turned my head, and just coming out of the general store was the wife of my friend. She was just as shocked to see us as we were to see her.

So did my thinking about meeting, cause it to happen or did I get a premonition. Who knows, if we were 5 minutes early or late then the meet would not of happened, if AAA did not route us thru Twin Bridges, it would not of happened.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Cool story

Part of me wants to say that you both operated the same mental process when getting off the train and selecting your internet cafe. The owner may have put a lot of thought into the colour of neon sign he displayed, something like that - you were both in the same frame of mind so were subject to very similar mental processes, which contributed to your choice.

It's so dull though isn't it?

So i'm gonna step out of the rational; and suggest that some long departed, highly randy rogue of an ancestor who was still trying to hump some nurse whilst on his deathbed a hundred years ago was watching out for you, as he knew that make-up sex was the shizzle.

Sorry for saying shizzle, i feel fairly ridiculous, but i'm leaving it there

edit on 3-12-2014 by skalla because: c c c clarity

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Consider the" Quantum" level of the universe.....
Everything is all fields and waves and motion......
The sublevel of our universe works in far more connected ways than our perceived three dimensional interpretations.....
Note how the experimentor MUST be kept completely out of the physics experiments lest his presence influence the outcomes .....
The quality of consciousness...its strength and its connectedness (or entanglement of you will) with the microscopic
activities of the sub atomic reality....is not yet fully understood or appreciated IMHO.....
just sayin.....
Today I was busy organising motor parts for a boat....flicking through my contacts for a number I passed my friend Joes number....
"I had a strong urge to call him right then......(its only a flick of a finger) but carried on with what I was doing.....
This afternoon about suppertime HE called me.....
We live 350K apart.....I on the coast...and Joe lives up country.....
coincidence?
Or mutual intent?
Human perception is so limited its going to take some subtle instruments to plumb the quantum reality.....perhaps human consciousness is capable but not the 3d brain.....

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

So you're talking "the Alchemist" and how everybody has a legend to follow?

Not following you, what do you mean talking "the Alchemist"?

Pretty sure there is a movie of that title and my understanding of alchemy is simply chemistry before the science was established as it is today, however not sure what you mean.

You sense when some one is just doing the right thing, meaning: following his fate? Is that the picture you're going for?

Not going for any picture really, just sharing my understanding and opinion on coincidences and how I believe there is more to them even the irrelevant little coincidences, when something coincides with whatever I try to look deeper at why it has coincided, numbers will always coincide at one point or another and without really explaining my point of view I believe it points ( it being coincidences or synchronicity) to a design of some sort.

That might be the picture I am looking for, the design, but like I said Its only glimpses that I get based on my personal beliefs about us, humanity and our purpose for existing as we do.

I think its a moving picture that I am looking for as the design is like a reel of pictures on a cycle, playing like a movie on a projector, our minds cant consciously catch everything our eyes see but our mind does absorb all and some things we are conscious of while others hide in the unconscious mind.

I have no clue if anything I am saying makes any sense to anybody outside of myself, its just my own personal opinion of trying to understand the questions that when I ask of myself I already had the answers somewhere and those answers only became aware to me when I asked the right question at the right time or in the right place.

That is why I believe in some sort of destiny or fate and believe the term coincidence is just that, a term used to not seek out the right questions because the answers open up a new world to the one asking.

A truth that sets the questionnaire free if one wants use Christian saying, or at least free from the bonds that held them in the state they were in before waking up so to speak.

However, each time I sort of prove this myself I awake to find another level of deception trying hide the gates to the next level so to speak.

Could it be a cycle that keeps going, I believe it could be until we reach the cycle of life and death of our physical bodies and then enter another cycle of reincarnation?

The more answers the more questions, cycles of pictures playing before my eyes and in my mind.

Are we in our own movie or simulation?

That is what I am concluding too the older I get, But that is only my assumption and speculation based on principles that new age gurus and followers would swallow in an instant as it can never be proven in the physical sense.

So it all come back to our beliefs are all we have i guess.

Sorry for rambling and again if anything makes sense to anyone then bravo as many times I think I am off my tree and my cheese has slid right of my cracker, but then something arises (an experience, something even as little as hearing someone say something while I walk past them on the street or read here in a post on ATS or something else which might seem completely irrelevant) which solidifies my delusions or understanding of myself so I just keep on in the direction I am going, many different paths, almost infinite yet there is one destination which I hope to reach.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

sir or ma'am, with all due respect... it all hinges on where you've described it as a "quick" (p)rayer
(nice freudian slip btw)
as one might have a 'quick cigarette' before firing up their LHC

prov 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge God, And He shall direct your paths.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

some think alchemy is about turning lead into gold...
(and in a way it is..)
but it's about turning a (hu)man who is base (lead) into something good (gold)
alchemy
gold
fwiw i like everything else you were saying too, especially the 'simulation' part
gave a *gold* star

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join