It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy claims cop is trying to "Mike Brown" him

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Honestly, this guy is an idiot.
And just so everyone knows the back story, the cop KNOWS this man and the woman filming. How you ask? Because hes on parole for theft and larceny, Both have had drug possession charges as well as the woman having disorderly conduct charges. The 2 are known for trouble in Washington County. And btw, the officer was never able to verify by receipt that he paid for the items.

www.inquisitr.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: coop039

Still watching but another piece of scum I can see already. I especially liked it when he said 'This officer knows who I am, he's the arresting officer from one of my other cases'. Wanker.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I knew this would start to happen. Any person who doesn't like what the cop is doing can claim "He's trying Mike Brown me!"

Glad one of the first cases is this jaghoff. Maybe then people will see the absurdity of it.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Finished watching it and the Cop was actually fantastic. But the guy with the stuff was a complete tool.

And to all the hand wringers that like to go on that 'In the US you don't need to show ID, receipt, etc to an officer unless under arrest' like in some of the YT comments - I wonder if you would feel like that if you were the victim of a theft or other crime, had a good idea who it was but when the cops arrive they let them go because you can't be sure, and they exercised 'their rights'.
The guy already has a criminal record and as he said himself he'd been arrested by that very cop - so we already know it's in his lifestyle.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Maybe then people will see the absurdity of it.

Putting aside the complaints for being 'arrested while guilty', calling attention to yourself in public when the cops are "investigating" you?

Not absurd at all. Out come the cell phones to record any juiciness for youTube.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Calling attention to yourself from the public during an interaction with LEOs is actually fine, if you're okay with being plastered all of YT with your stupid exploits on display, remixed, set to a catchy beat and made the meme of the week.

Sorry, that's not the kind of celebrity I want. People need to remember that LEOs are people too. I see dozens of YT videos of absolute pricks "exercising their rights" and giving LEOs hell. Here's a tip, if you're pulled over, be NICE. Say hello to the guy/gal, ask them if they're having a good day. INTERACT with the cop as a PERSON. For minor traffic violations, you're much more likely to get let of with a warning. If you give a cop lip, you can bet they'll be inspecting every inch of your vehicle and write as many citations that they can possibly give out.

LEOs are people. Yes, there are bad cops. There has always been bad cops. But for every bad cop there's a dozen or more good ones out there just doing their job and wanting to go home at the end of the day to their families. Just like you.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Stuff like this is what keeps me from believing that we're living in a police state. It's always the same type of person from the same type of neighborhood with the same type of mentality. Should that cop have brought him down by force, like he should have, everyone on ATS would be up in arms about police brutality.

I didn't read through the comments, but it seems like this clown got to steal a TV.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I agree with most of what you said. In my outdoors phase I met more of them than you can count.

Its their duty to wake you up in the middle of the night, run your name, your vehicle, rifle your meager belongings without cause and ask a bunch of damn fool questions like,

"What are you doing here?"

"Sleeping" wasn't an acceptable answer.

I never came afoul of them because I always submitted to their veiled abuse of my civil rights without protest.

Not fond memories, I knew that a moment of resistance on my part to any thing they did or said could result in a crash course on respecting authority. I was very careful around them at all times. Like I said, I never ran afoul.

Try it some time, park anywhere and sleep in your car.

edit on 3-12-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well, there ARE designated rest areas set up at various locations along highways in the US.

If you can't find one of those, try a truck stop or convenience store. I know one of the few times I had to crash in my car, I stopped at a local convenience store, walked in, bought a drink and asked if it was okay for me park somewhere and catch a few Z's. The shopkeep was happy to let me rest there a few hours.

But yeah if I was just pulled over on the side of a road somewhere or in a commercial parking lot or something I wouldn't be surprised if some cops tapped on my window and asked some questions. From the LEOs perspective, it would look rather suspicious if a car was just sitting on the side of the road somewhere. I'm sorry if you got hassled, but try to see things from their point of view.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Have you ever worn a tie dyed t-shirt while driving a car in the vicinity of a major music festival? It doesn't matter how nice you are being, your car is getting torn apart if (when) the cops pull you over. All on the premise, "I smell pot."

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Unfortunately, I didn't grow up during the 60/70's. So no I do not have experience with that. I do know that many LEOs I've personally known over the years don't really care of someone has a little pot on them unless they've got priors, or suspect them of dealing.

I'm sure it was a much different atmosphere back then, though.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Unfortunately, I didn't grow up during the 60/70's. So no I do not have experience with that. I do know that many LEOs I've personally known over the years don't really care of someone has a little pot on them unless they've got priors, or suspect them of dealing.

Why would you have to have grown up in the 60's or 70's to experience this? I went to a major music festival this past Halloween weekend to see The String Cheese Incident.

I'm sure it was a much different atmosphere back then, though.

Yes that is true. It's a lot worse now.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Have you been watching the news? More and more states are legalizing recreational marijuana and the penalties for carrying small amounts in the states that still have laws on the books are lessening all the time.

I apologize if I jumped to conclusions. When you say "tie-dye shirt and musical festival" I immediately thought woodstock and the hippie movement.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Have you been watching the news? More and more states are legalizing recreational marijuana and the penalties for carrying small amounts in the states that still have laws on the books are lessening all the time.

Have you been paying attention to ATS? I'm like one of the top posters who posts threads on this.

Not all festivals are located in marijuana friendly states. Bonnaroo is in Tennessee. The festival I just went to was in Florida (which just failed to legalize medical marijuana this past election season, but at the time the election hadn't even happened yet). And even if the festival is in a marijuana friendly state, you may have to drive through a state that isn't as well (and believe me when I say that neighboring state police precincts are aware that these festivals are going on). There is a small festival ground across the border of Maryland in West Virginia that I go to from time to time. The police in the area have been known to setup task forces for the sole purpose of pulling festival goers over so they can arrest them for drug charges.

I apologize if I jumped to conclusions. When you say "tie-dye shirt and musical festival" I immediately thought woodstock and the hippie movement.

The hippie movement isn't dead. They are still out there and no, they aren't all 50 to 60 year olds
edit on 3-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Does everyone realize the cop did him a favor? That he had every right to stop, detain him, and ask for his ID? He could have easily been arrested. He even threatened the cop with violence.

This reminds me of the Hammond taser incident. If you go back to that thread, everyone defended the guy and said it was police brutality. But hey, FBI cleared the officers, they have since been reinstated, and it went down exactly as I stated in that thread- they had a legal right to do every thing they did. No racism. No 'bad' cops. Just a guy who didn't know his own rights and how to not-cooperate effectively. So they took him out. He was lucky he didn't get shot for reaching around in the backseat inside a backpack like an idiot.

We have a 'victim' culture that doesn't want to follow and obey even the most basic of laws anymore.
edit on 3-12-2014 by Calalini because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Well, there ARE designated rest areas set up at various locations along highways in the US.

Not around here. Maybe a hundred miles away. Its worse now. Just asking a store keep if he wouldn't mind is not going to work in the city. They know "a little while" means all night, they know you will be back, bringing others along to sleep out back, in the bushes, next door…

Insurance prohibits them from doing that these days. So does the law. You don't have to be in a car , sleeping "inside city limits" is not allowed. Under a bridge neither. They put razor wire and spiked fences there now to prevent people from seeking the only shelter that was left to them.

They re cleaning out a west San Jose homeless camp this week called "the Jungle". They raid a homeless sleeping spot, drive everyone out, take all their sleeping stuff and cite everyone that comes back. Like they can pay a fine. Just more costs associated with "homeless" passed onto the tax payer.

Where do they expect people to go? Its raining right now, winter is coming…

"Not in my Juris-dick-tion."
edit on 3-12-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Yep some of us hippies are approaching their seventies now.........Nothing has really changed in all that time.....the same # still goes on and people who have little or no experience with the nasty side of the pigs still keep denying theres a problem....self righteous as they may be.....

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: coop039

I can't stand people like this! This cop simply wants to see his receipt, yet this guy cops an attitude and refuses to show it to the officer. If I was this cop, It would immediately arouse my suspicion if he couldn't simply prove he had a receipt for his merchandise. This is exactly the belligerent attitude and reason why people like him and Mike Brown end up escalating a situation. If you can't accommodate a simple request, and you've committed no crime, what's the problem?

edit on 3-12-2014 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2014 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I understand the culture is still alive and well. I'm not saying there's no problem with law enforcement, there certainly is. The over-militarization of the U.S. police is VERY frightening. It was really shocking when I came to Japan for the first time. The LEOs were friendly, not dressed in fatigues and helmets but slacks and soft hats, always smiling, very polite.

I look at the situation in the U.S. and it's increasing militarization of the police forces and it worries me. But I'm still of the opinion that are a LOT of good cops out there. People tend to focus on the bad ones, and that's fine. The bad ones need to be singled out and targeted. But people lump the good ones in with the bad ones and that bothers me.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I agree with Scientific.
I mean, yes, there are some really horrible cops out there, but the good cops are being lumped in with them when they are just doing their jobs. This whole "He's gonna Mike Brown me" thing is ridiculous, and it's going to make white cops not want to do their job when the criminal is a black guy. In my opinion, the color of your skin does not excuse your crime. It just doesn't.

As for having a small amount of pot on you and being let go, I know that's actually pretty realistic in most places now. I used to live in Michigan, long before debates about recreational marijuana was debated about, and heard all the time about people out in the country getting pulled over, but let go with a warning, if they had 'just a small baggy' and it wasn't being smoked while driving.

And for sleeping outside a convenient store in your car... Dunno how true that is. I know truck stops have no problem with it, because truck drivers, but otherwise, I have no idea. I would assume that if it was a reoccuring thing, shopkeeps would get upset, but if it's once in awhile... I can't imagine it being a problem.

And to the person who brought up tie dye shirts and music festivals... Cops are supposed to kind of... Group people together. It's not the right thing to do because not all people are the same, but it's their job. A person wearing a tie dye shirt might not be smoking pot now, but during the hippie movement, they were. A person wearing a whole hell of a lot of red might not be Blood, but he could be. Someone wearing a whole lot of blue might not be Crypts, but he might be. You know what I mean?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join