It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit My Job of Ten Years Today

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Today was the day that I could finally no longer take it, I had a nervous breakdown from the stress. After leaving my workplace in rather decent shape the night prior and had the following days release titles neatly stacked on a cart for the morning crew, I come to work and the place looks like #. Im like WTF man?? And the goddamn morning crew had five people when I got in including the department manager. Then she leaves with half the staff, projects unfinished and merchandise everywhere! I am used to this by now, but considering we just following the black Friday hurricane of zombies, I am trying my best to get things cleaned up, and too many #ing stupid shoppers who I have to put a fake smile on for everyday are interrupting for the most retarded #. And then my only co-worker is stuck travelling the store to fulfill all the online pick-up today orders, which I knoooow he is just using as a way to avoid dealing with the horrible mess and mass of consumers. I suppose I cant blame him.

And before the department manager leaves she asks me to leave the place nice and clean again because of some high level visit from regional managers in the morning. Like I just been some #ing migrant cleanup guy for the whole year to clean up their messes everyday and yet manage to leave the area nice and tidy at night before I go home. Noone has to cleanup after me as the closing electronics guy @ this Wal-Mart, so why in the # am I cleaning up after a whole shift of people who are staffed better?? not to mention I am the one who has to deal with a higher customer volume during peak hours with less staff to help out???

I do not blame the company. I blame the #ty people who were in charge of my store over the last two years. Their policies have cost our store thousands maybe tens of thousands in unnecessary storage fees over the last two years for trailers to hold regular inventory which would be better managed if department managers were actually held accountable for their lack of productivity.

# YOU STORE [snip] [snip]FLORIDA! I will enjoy watching that entire side of the store crumble now without me wiping everyone's asses every night.

Thankfully I have about 8k in the retirement account which I am just going to cash out and eat the penalty. That should help cover a couple of months rent. Now that I am unemployed, maybe I can actually get a goddamn bit of food assistance from SNAP, as if me and my wife are millionaires working for Wal-Mart and we made too much money to qualify before. For #s sake I had to ring up two lady's earlier today for some smart phones they are sending to Cuba and they paid for it with Cash Assistance!!! WTF!?!?!?!

Born citizen Working my ass off since sixteen, four kids and pays taxes, no assistance. But fresh off the #ing boat and speaky no English, heres free #ing money to buy smart phones for your family in another country who will probably be here in five years with their hands out [snip]

My parents busted their # and learned English immediately when they immigrated here in the seventies and barely ot any assistance themselves.

I am just happy I will never have to talk Spanish again so much on a daily basis. I don't care if my parents are from Colombia, I was born in America, and I speak #ing English. My parents learned it, the least these asswipes can do is #ing learn it themselves. It hurts my head when I have to talk a foreign language so much everyday. Pieces of # come in telling me they have lived here thirty years and they will never learn English. Go # YOURSELF! Or better yet, go back to your country [snip].

tomorrow I will start networking with all the small business owners I have a good relationship with. As many of them met me at my job at Wal-Mart and respect me very much, a couple have already offered some assistance. I cannot stay still long. At least I can use the free time I have for the moment to sell some of my clutter on ebay.
edit on 12/3/2014 by DYepes because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/12/2014 by Gemwolf because: Mod edit: Removed identifier and T&C violation

edit on Wed Dec 3 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Wow! Sorry for your #ty job .... Or used to be #ty job....time for a change my friend! ....Make the leap and make yourself happy! Congrats on the new you!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Sounds like you are a hard dedicated worker that could be counted on to get things done. You deserve better and you will find it. Sell you self well in your interviews and you will be fine. Step up while you are at it take a chance do something you always wanted to do. At least demand better. Be confident, sell yourself. You will be fine. Most likely better off financially and will like your job better too. Shake off the stress, take a break, don't bring the negatives to your interviews.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Props. Don't know how you worked for an Evil Empire like WalMart for a decade. ANYTHING is better than WalMart. Shoot, I'd pick Mickey Ds over Wally, any day!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Ya gotta do, what ya gotta do. Take this time to really search yourself and see if you can find a job that you like. Don't dick around though...savings evaporate very quick like. Especially in the winter (even in Florida)

And remember, no arguing about money with the Mrs for the near future. You'll just have to bite your tongue in that debate.
edit on 3-12-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

Props. Don't know how you worked for an Evil Empire like WalMart for a decade. ANYTHING is better than WalMart. Shoot, I'd pick Mickey Ds over Wally, any day!!!

Ugh! I know for a fact I couldn't work at either of those places or places like them. Monotonous, tedious and not a lot of pay.

Physical work (not repetitious), or one that let's me travel (preferably both) is the ticket for me.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Ya gotta do, what ya gotta do. Take this time to really search yourself and see if you can find a job that you like. Don't dick around though...saving evaporate very quick like. Especially in the winter (even in Florida)

And remember, no arguing about money with the Mrs for the near future. You'll just have to bite your tongue in that debate.

I agree! Jump back on the work horse ASAP! The good thing about Florida is that it is in season right now, so places are hiring! ...hell...you could get a part time bartending job and make more money than you did at Walmart.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I feel for you... I really do... and wish you much good luck and prosperity for your future endevours.

However, I cannot help but think about those people also who are working with you and for the moment do not speak English... at least they are working legally... give them a chance to learn english?

As for the comment "go back to your country and die..." that was a bit over the top... do you not think? Why should they die???

And this comment that deeply shocked me too :
"some #ing migrant cleanup guy"...

Please tell me that one of your fellow compatriots would do the same crap job for low wages? What is wrong with trying to make a living... NO matter what nationality you are... do you not believe in giving people a chance?

What would most countries do if they did not have immigrants to do the dirty low paid jobs that nationals are too lazy or greedy to apply for?

Give them a chance... they are working legally and coping with the laws that your country has put into place for migrants.

Over here in Europe we have our fair share of immigration too, but most of us try and look further than the fact that they are "effing migrants" as you have made quite clear...

Looking at the time that you posted this thread you should have been in bed trying to get a decent nights sleep DY... I can easily understand why you are so annoyed...

Take care and try to have a think and a decent nights sleep.

AND... Never forget that when the USA was first visited by the first wave of migrants... the NATIVE Americans did not understand a word either?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 3/12/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase changed

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Well...he did say he had a breakdown and this is the rant column. And he finally had enough and quit today after ten years of putting up with lazy co-workers. Sounds to me that he had enough and was getting it off his chest. Holding stress in is not good for ya.

My last job some of the new hires wouldn't even last a shift. Fast paced with hard physical labor. I loved it though, until my back went out on me.
edit on 3-12-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Well...he did say he had a breakdown and this is the rant column. And he finally had enough and quit today after ten years of putting up with lazy co-workers. Sounds to me that he had enough and was getting it off his chest. Holding stress in is not good for ya.

My last job some of the new hires wouldn't even last a shift. Fast paced with hard physical labor. I loved it though, until my back went out on me.

Totally agree and understood that the OP had a breakdown... and I replied to his/her post that I understood mate.

He/she did right to quit his/hers job and I wish him/her nothing but happiness for him/her and his/hers family for the future...

Personally I would have chosen my words carefully though... I am sure that there are many "migrant" workers from the USA that are members here and would have been terribly hurt by the words used?

Back problems... tell me about it mate... I have some handy tips if you like after 6 ops :-( ?

Take care and Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ps. I starred you for your response
edit on 3/12/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase changed

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Nice nice rant s and f

I feel your pain ! I'm in a similar boat across the pond , I just quit my job and have 4 kids and one on the way .
You have made the right choice , I've never had as much less stressful time .
I'm on £60 a week less and don't do an hours work !
I busted my balls for 20 years and my neighbours didn't get up while afternoon !
The lazy bastards and I thought # it !
I quit !
Best move I ever made !
I used to be proud to pay the rent ,
Fill the cupboards with food ,
Go on hols ,
Now I can still do it without working with tards all day !

I feel your pain !

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Look into working for the Railroad. Some of the larger companies will train you. The pay is excellent though the hours suck the first few years, (You'll be on a on-call basis, they can put you to work 16 hours a day as long as you get your mandatory eight hours rest)

Also RR workers Unions are one of the few I support. The union reps take care of their peeps, rather than padding their pockets.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
If you allow it, the Universe works in a strange way to change life and set you on another path. Try and think of it as a positive step towards better things and dont, whatever you do, criticize your old company when in an interview. Put it behind you and move on...

You will probably find that now you have made the jump, you will find another better job almost immediately.
Good luck.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Wow. A person gets fed up to the eyeballs with the daily s^^t they've put up with for 10 years and all you can do is critique his rant. Tell them they should be PC and not use words that may hurt someone's feelings. Oh, by the way, if they're working in this country at a chain store that's supposed to be as patriotic as this one claims to be, they should speak English. No, I don't care care if they got off the boat or over the border yesterday, if they're going to live and work in this country, speak the damn language.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I've been there, quitting jobs after many years...but for me it was a lead up to the inevitable and I always felt so much better with a new future ahead of me, with new open doors and windows. And you know what? It always worked out. I now refuse to work at any full-time job, so I set-up my life to accept only contract work for many different institutions and companies. I work when I want and for whom I want.

I have a suggestion for spending some of that $8K. I know the bills will be piling up, but if you could spend some on furthering your education - to help you get in a better position for next time - it may (probably would) pay off in the long run. Employers favour people who are life-long learners.

Is there something you enjoy doing (work-wise) that you can expand on (educationally)? Sales? Manufacturing techniques?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
You worked at wal-mart for 10 years? Hell I lasted like 3 months.

But then again standard work never was conducive to a happy and healthy me
edit on 3-12-2014 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

All the power to ya. Congrat on making the leap. I believe it was the right choice and will turn out for the better.
Best of luck

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Nice goin on quitting before the holidays, im sure your family will love that come dinner time.

Oh, and i hope some lucky immigrant gets your old job, im sure he/she will appreciate it no matter what.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Welcome to my world. I always feel like I'm the cleaning lady.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Erm, I'm from the Tampa region, and think the OP's kinda blowing the Spanish frequency out of proportion a bit (Miami is infinitely more Spanish-speaking than Tampa is) but I can't fault him for dumping Hellmart as an employer.

OP, I very highly suggest floating yourselves through on your savings until you get your tax refund (file online if you never do! TurboTax or something similar -- much faster than mailing in) That is assuming you don't find work before then. In the meantime, start researching other states' economic statuses, and when your refund comes, GTFO of Florida while you can. That was the BEST choice we ever made, hands down -- getting out of that black hole of a state. You'll be in a hotel/motel with your stuff in storage for a bit unless you get something arranged beforehand, but it's so worth it for the fresh start.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join