It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Rest of the Technology?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Is that from the ANGEL EYES guy..(Coast to Coast Art Bell)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Man I'd love to ask you a bunch o questions about

1) Phase Conjugation: sort of cool, but a number of no answers there
2) propagating light through super cooled mediums: more no answers there than 1
3) holography: I'm released from my NDAs there
4) interferometers: no real experience with them

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well we've probably perfected AI, we are now seeing VR so it must have been perfected, holograms too, invisibility..... Hmmm Matrix level technology I guess?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrinceRupertsDog

So was radio about 100 years ago. I was aware of the imaging capabilities of T-Rays. Also used in radio astronomy.

T-wave stuff is bizarre. For example, T-wave plumbing involves wires on standoffs a lot - a t-waveguide is inside out. Instead of a hollow guide, you run a certain size/design wire and the signal flows around the line. It's sort of unintuitive.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom

I have been in the military, and I'm not talking about day to day tech.

Heck, a lot of people think that Joe Snuffy is packing alien tech. I was lucky if I had the right tools to get tank treads fixed. I ended up having to buy my own tools.

However, the above-mentioned holo vector box was a military project. It was part of an electrooptic targeting system for Boeing. Damndest thing you ever saw. And it was years ahead of any other supercomputer at the time we made it. Not to mention you could fit it in an avionics bay and smack it around and it would still work.

When I was in, we had some comm gear that you couldn't find on civvie shelves. But it wasn't 100 years ahead. There is some really spiffy stuff out at Kirtland, and in general, I'd say that you get more nifty tech in the AF or Navy. Or in a joint project they both run. THAT is some cool crap.

However, about the most amazingly fun thing we ever got, and then didn't use, happened nearly two years after I ETSd, one of my 'summer jobs' while I was getting my degree in EE was to train my old buddies on this thing as an egghead-soldier liaison. It was the stuff that ATS is made of. And it got kiboshed.

Basically, if you take multiple lasers (this thing used 3) you can overlap the focus about 20-30 feet up over the rig and cause a big plasma bloom there. Then you can pulse modulate one of the lasers and change the volume of the bloom. And thus you get a sort of speaker in the middle of a blob of light, and by diddling the parameters on the lasers, you can either have a nice white cloud that talks, or, my personal favorite, a boiling reddish cloud that puts off red smoke as you burn the air in the focus. The idea was that you could have a nice white cloud saying "put down your weapons in the name of Allah, the merciful", or, my choice, a boiling red cloud of fire saying "I am Muhammed, and boy am I pissed".

However, after shipping a pair of them to Stuttgart and training people in their use, Bush I decided that it wasn't necessary because we were kicking that butt decisively, and it was culturally insensitive to delude people into thinking that their prophet was back to ensure their imminent deaths as apostates to the true Islam or whatever I could talk the translator into going with.

I can say that the first words uttered in Stuttgart through the thing were "Luke, I am your father"

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Is that from the ANGEL EYES guy..(Coast to Coast Art Bell)

I haven't heard of that. There was a guy with some bogus imaging thing called angel light, but I don't know if it's the same tale.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Ah so for #1 & #2 massive NDAs there and no speaketh of. Cool. I got a lot of connect the dots and crazy ideas regarding all of that stuff. It's fascinating to me.

Anyhoo. Next topic. How's the weather?

Too bad about the angry fake deity box. That would have been fun. Bet they kept a version of it just in case.

Can you build me one so I can plant it in celebrities homes and convince them xenu is telling them to wire Bassplyr all their money? Pweeeeze?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Too bad about the angry fake deity box. That would have been fun. Bet they kept a version of it just in case.

I always wondered if that was the source of the "Project Bluebeam" rumor. Personally, I would have had a field day with the thing, but then I am a culturally inappropriate bastid.

I don't know where it went. It worked. I don't know how much knocking around it would take, it was past the lab bench stage but not by much. But there were two and both in working order when I left that gig many years ago. I'd imagine they didn't scrap it totally. But I don't know how effective it would be.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Whats funny to me is the very concept of money. Lets say for a moment that off world there is a government colony somewhere. Do you think they would have money there? NOPE

Oh, hell, yes they do. The stuff at the AAFES store is outrageously expensive, though. One can only hope they get a BK eventually.

How about war, would they have war in thier secret colonies? NOPE

It is just silly to me that they push wars and a us vs them paradime here on earth, and then once leaving consider themselves above petty wars and such. We just cant have peace on earth, but if you join the secret space programs we are all one how silly. Its the height of deluded arrogance.

The reason you're all one is that they're military. It's a sort of benevolent despotism if you're a civilian (and few of them there are) because you have no social status, but have to still dance to the music of the base commander. It's not some sort of Shangri-la of equality, it's a strict militocracy. The position to get is a sort of hybrid one they created for the occasion, you have an NCO rank in the field based on prior service, and you're technically active reserve at home. So, as a propulsion engineer/systems integration COB, I'd be a CBM on Planet Dirt, based on my maximum rank and MOS in the Army when I was active. You can't be ship's engineer, that's a O grade position, but CBM is close, and you end up fixing everything and managing maintenance, repair, damage control and fire control teams onboard, and security on base, and you're back-up navigation and/or helmsman if something really really bad happens. And, of course, you're still on the hook for the stuff you're contracted for.

You have to do a sort of indoctrination boot thing to become Navy oriented. Alas. But then, you get to dump it when you get back, mostly, and return to civvie life. And it being Navy/AF joint, it's the base commander's and Captain's discretion on beards, and I've never had to shave. Thank God, I don't know what I look like under there anymore.

Would they dumb down thier secret space forces and other secret groups with concepts like racism? NOPE

No, that's a big no-no.

Do they see thier forces to be unworthy of great secrets? NOPE

Well, that's not quite true. You get the "great secrets" that you are privy to, and no more. Unless you're a Master of the Universe or a four-star.

Do you see that an us vs them mentality has been seeded into this society?
Pushing racism, money, corporations, division, dumbing down of society, the keeping of secrets, causing strife, causing really stupid wars, and twarting any meaningful technological progress.

This is what needs to stop, as I said its like do as I say not as I do. I think the public is waking up to the fact that they are being dumbed down and led astray from their more divine destiny towards self mortification based society, rather than an universal love based society, with the technology to back it up.

What I mean is the singularity has been put on an indifinate hold, as we considered unworthy to weild such power and freedom. However I believe this too will pass in due time.

Just listen to poor Drexler talk about how the powers that be have sweeped away our technological progress so that we might be the eternal illusioned sheeple:

Radical abundance: how a revolution in nanotechnology will change civilization
www.youtube.com...

edit on 6-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

However, after shipping a pair of them to Stuttgart and training people in their use, Bush I decided that it wasn't necessary because we were kicking that butt decisively, and it was culturally insensitive to delude people into thinking that their prophet was back to ensure their imminent deaths as apostates to the true Islam or whatever I could talk the translator into going with.

Hmmm, I would use it against Daesh, the voices of tortured ghosts, the innocents they murdered.
edit on 6-12-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Whats funny to me is the very concept of money. Lets say for a moment that off world there is a government colony somewhere. Do you think they would have money there? NOPE

Oh, hell, yes they do. The stuff at the AAFES store is outrageously expensive, though. One can only hope they get a BK eventually.

"Do you have anything without any ''lichen'' in it?"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Call me crazy, but based on a lot of things I read, I suspect the next tier of technology out there may be purposely covered up because it could be considered "the great equilizer". Let's say it has to do with both very cheap energy as well as knowing the underlying mechanism for gravity. Of the top, everyone thinks "Oh! That's great! Free energy, and the ability to go to space finally!" And yes, there is some truth to that. But then you have to consider the aspect that such tech would allow mass-energy conversion. Somebody back-engineering a few principles on that, if it were released, could deduce that possibility.

Thus one of the other alternatives with a mis-application, is essentially a weapon that acts as a mini-nuke. Conversion of some common and safe to handle elements, instead of restricted schedule radioactive isotopes that are hazardous, and cratering out something like a few city blocks.

Not that most people would ever want to do that, but the potential could very well be there as a tech is explored out.

Definitely upsetting to those with the biggest guns that reinforce the existing power structure. Not only would people no longer be paying the bills, but they'd be willing to stand their ground too. Last thing authority figures like hearing is "GTFO!"

As for me, despite the risk of all-out chaos, I think humanity could surge forward if we could get off this neat little rock called Earth. So I'm pro having the means to do so, even if it would be upsetting to the status-quo.

Sooner or later it will get out there. Internet is great, so information spreads pretty fast once it's well enough known. Hiding a tech also becomes harder and harder as sooner or later somebody else will re-develop it outside of the black-budget pipeline.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

"Do you have anything without any ''lichen'' in it?"

A $50 whopper jr would be bad enough. But you'd get people to pay it.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75

you could do things way more scary than nukes. incomprehensibly scarier than nukes. imagine converting momentarily acres of land, like a few city blocks, into quantum soup by reverting all the particles into energy or some quasi quantum particle and then back to matter again. And in doing so everything a split second later is 1000 percent dead. Everything. Trees, people, ants, bacteria. Bricks, metals, wood, everything not what it used to be. All at the snap of a finger. And remotely, and for nearly free energy wise. SO you could do it again, and again, and again to whomever. Thats F'd up. I for one don't think humans are currently mature enough as a whole to wield this. And I really, really, really don't want rogue nations or terrorists ever getting this stuff. For all of humanity you simply can't allow that to happen. it needs to stay hidden for a long time until we grow up.

Hey bedlam. Thinking about your angry deity box again. How loud could you get the plasma bloom volume wise. Could it be heard from long distances, like from 100,000 feet+ . This time I'm thinking dual usage. Put it on the front of something high flying and fast to do one very useful thing and at the same time make it say nasty things about putin's mama while doing overflights. Kinda like a public announcement system. "Attention people of russia. Did you ever hear about the time the CIA caught Putin with that farm animal? We'll sit right back and you'll hear a tale... ... this has been a public announcement, thank you" Or phase the noise to do a bose job like on subs. But I like the smack talker function best.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptNemo2012

Frequency is everything,
Music is key

The mechanical bird that sang. I like it.

I like it. Good luck. Hope they dont shoot it down.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It is my belief that everything will be shot down unless the powers that be are the ones to provide the green light on what we the people will experience next. I believe there is a plan for us and we may or may not like it. Even if something that they have planned is thought of by one of the people it will be hushed up, because they have not released it no credit will be given.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

...I for one don't think humans are currently mature enough as a whole to wield this. And I really, really, really don't want rogue nations or terrorists ever getting this stuff. For all of humanity you simply can't allow that to happen. it needs to stay hidden for a long time until we grow up.

Seriously. It's like a child whining that their parents get to use a car while the child doesn't. Actually it's much worse than that. Who in their right mind puts the keys to such a machine in the hands of a child? Better to be locked away and never used if there are no parents to begin with too.

It's a sort of benevolent despotism if you're a civilian (and few of them there are) because you have no social status, but have to still dance to the music of the base commander.

Curse my lack of marketable and/or desirable space exploration and ship tinkering skills!
edit on 6-12-2014 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2014 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: framedragged

...I for one don't think humans are currently mature enough as a whole to wield this. And I really, really, really don't want rogue nations or terrorists ever getting this stuff. For all of humanity you simply can't allow that to happen. it needs to stay hidden for a long time until we grow up.

Seriously. It's like a child whining that their parents get to use a car while the child doesn't. Actually it's much worse than that. Who in their right mind puts the keys to such a machine in the hands of a child? Better to be locked away and never used if there are no parents to begin with too.

It's a sort of benevolent despotism if you're a civilian (and few of them there are) because you have no social status, but have to still dance to the music of the base commander.

Curse my lack of marketable and/or desirable space exploration and ship tinkering skills!

This is what we cal the blind leading the blind, that we are all gods childern just some think they are better than others. Its the whole im the boss mentality, or think of some spoiled kid in a sandbox who wants all the toys. Nothing mature about the powers that be, you can tell by the society of hate that is perpetuated on the masses. Nothing adult or enlightening just classic us vs them division and moronic superiority complex. Im better than you because I have the fun toys, and I will put you on a path of stupidity to prove it!

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic
a reply to: magnecore

yes, its called the secret space program which does not include you and I. Our job is to pay for it.

And a fine job you do, at that. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to the citizens of the US and our closer allies.

Allies? I'm inclined to think puppets would be a better description

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I suggest everyone write the white house and ask them to release some better technology for the betterment of our society. Be specific and ask for nanotechnology 3d printers for all, we as a society are ready for the next step. Technology hasnt really changed foe a long long time, other than a better TV to look at.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join