It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #25: The McMass Project Wants to Open a McDonalds in a Church

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

You know there was actually a snafu made by the decorators of one Japanese dept store in Nagasaki or Saga I think, that mixed-up Santa and the Christ figure they had poor Santa nailed to a cross and they were not being artsy at all but a genuine mistake this was some yrs back.

Found it. Lol, what a mistake to make!

On the other hand, they just mixed up the birth with the death!

I wonder why Ronald McDonald is not dressed up as santa for the holiday season?

Lol

P

edit on 2/12/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/12/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
But i think it is a waste of resources and frankly pointless to regurgitate the information, even if further research has been done.
If you watch the video, you'll see how we both show how to do the core idea the right way, as well as show how the mega-churches are getting it wrong.

I did watch the video, and i do applaud NLBS for taking further steps in research and discussing ideas associated with the topic at hand. That said, i also think it would have been worthwhile mentioning the ATS thread in which discussed some of the material, considering you also commented on it.

Hey, Sorry that you felt left out. I had stumbled upon the story elsewhere when I was searching my feeds for topics. In the future I'll try to add links to the relevant ATS Topic if possible.

originally posted by: Spider879
Applause applause applause,well put together and well said,Im liking you more and more,can't wait till the likes of Creflo Dollar yes that's his real name Dollar

When I was reading about the mega churches I stumbled upon that name. Apparently the evangelical business is going so well he has two Rolls Royces and a Gulf Stream Jet :-/

Thanks for watching!

As for McDonalds, here is a funny clipped I watched last night

edit on 2-12-2014 by theNLBS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

In our small town we had a local church taken over by the retiring preachers son in law. The son in law was an investment banker that went for a career change. Your statement about Deluca being a business man that couldn't cut the mustard....i think that is spot on based on my expience with this other guy.

I am more of a deist than atheist, but like you i respect christianity for the comfort it provides people. But this small methodist church turned into a small town wannabe of a mega church. They started running a small soup/sandwich cafe staffed by volunteers from the church (kids who worked for tips only). THey bought an old school and decided to start their own school. The pastor had really big plans, but now he is a failed methodist minister and a failed investment banker.

He resigned awhile back. Nice enough guy, but I think the conservative community was kind of put off by his rather unorthodox views on what is and is not a church. Not that the locals are opposed to attending what I refer to as "Churchzilla" (a church set up in a long since abandoned KMart that was dolled up to look like a fancy church with an enormous parking lot).

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
All you need to know about "Mega Church" promoters you can learn right here... www.youtube.com...

spit...

GREAT Show Joe!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I find this development quite disturbing, even though it appears innocent enough.

I can't help thinking it's some form of fascism, though usually fascism is combining corporations and state. I guess since since the GOP is pretty much joined to the church, and they now run the government, that's what it is.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Well... I for one think that this corporate invasion of the Chuch is frankly appalling Joe, I really do.

I have no problem with that fellow who set up a Subway and a training program at his Church, because he did those things to improve the lives of local people by providing them the skills and opportunity they need to move forward. He is, as you pointed out, awesome.

However, setting up a McDonalds in a Church as a way to get people in the door, rather than as a method to get parishioners into work and training is just sickening as a concept. No truly Christian person would ever consider such a thing. There are two main points in the Bible in which Christ is written of as being present in a temple of God. The first was as a young boy, when he schooled all the elders in the place on matters of scripture and meaning.

The second, was when he got volcanically angry at the money lenders and sacrifice sellers when he was a more mature man, whipped the crap out of them, turned over their tables, and ejected them from the building in a shower of scattered coin and expletives. That is one of the reasons I find this entire idea very shifty indeed. I know you personally do not share my faith Joe, but I like the way you handled this issue. Personally I am a believer, I just do not go to Church.

I believe that Christ would rather we spent our money directly on the poor, the sick, the defenceless and the weak, rather than on maintaining expensive buildings, keeping clergy in robes and dog collars for life, and giving the busybodies in town something to organise and get passive aggressive about in the role of wardens and God only knows what other semi-official, oft abused, and pointless positions that are created across Christendom to keep the power tripping psychopath element happy.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I must confess I didn't watch the video nor do I fill inclined to do so. Frankly the title says it all.

Hey, personally im all for it! I don't go to church anyway and it seems reality is becoming more and more like a Monty Python skit.

Who knows, with any luck, ISIS might decide to divest from the oil, nuke and Toyota business and set up a few franchise chains over in Syria. I mean who wouldn't want a Mc Rib?
all that war business has gotta make you hungry.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Weird concept, serving unhealthy fast food in church (instead of a communion wafer maybe a sesame-seed bun?). Reminds me of when I walked into a world-famous heart and heart-transplant hospital in Houston with a medical professional friend and saw a McDonalds in the extended lobby. How the directors of that hospital could have permitted that goes in my WTH file. Maybe instead of the churchy term 'Let us pray' McD's can change it to 'Let us prey'.

As for the church, maybe each and every church member forgot (or hadn't read) Genesis 1:29. When I say that the first thing God said to humans is to eat a vegan diet, people look at me like I'm a vegan (which makes me feel all creepy and unworthy inside)!
edit on 3-12-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Part of me is like well to each their own and that ultimately wins out the argument in my head. I don't care much what church's do so long as it doesn't infringe upon me or the government I help elect which is unfortunately rather significant thus the part that eats at me (no pun intended). With the tie in between church and state and the corporate and state... can an intermingling between corporate and church be anything but apocalyptic (pun intended)?

I never took you for a free marketer! There is hope yet. But this is one enterprise I don't much care for, you know what with Jesus overturning the moneychangers in the temple and what not! But no really, aren't there enough McDs on every corner for after church? If people cannot be in church for an hour without McDs then they need to examine their priorities.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I don't have any problem with churches having restaurants inside to boost their attendance, but I think it cheapens the whole idea... But who am I to say what churches should do? As long as they pay taxes on their income from selling Mickey D's crap, I don't care. I won't be eating or worshiping there, however. Ronald McDonald and his crap-for-food just isn't enticing enough to get me into a church...

Love the comparison of Mega-churches to Wal-Mart. Haven't we shown that Mega-churches are pretty much full of crap and the goal is money? Has anyone seen Religulous?

I saw the True Bethel Baptist Church with the Subway on "Undercover Boss" and that's really the way to go, in my opinion. Helping the locals, instead of turning the church into a commercialized sermon-n-burger joint for the church's benefit... Definitely Next Level Awesome!

Interesting subject for a show, but I don't consider it NLBS. Maybe just regular BS.
I'd watch Joe read the phone book, however.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Why are these automatically on the first page? This is starting to feel like required reading, or the propaganda arm of ATS. It would be nice if it were actually informative, but it's so full of personal opinion, that it turns me off to listen to it. Not everyone agrees with the views presented. These shouldn't automatically be on the first page at the very top like it was a real thread that earned it's way there.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Great idea! Lets go get a pink slime, Monsanto GMO McJesus burger! How bout some "Roundup" drenched "Hail Mary" fries! Mmm! Boy oh boy! CAN I HEAR AN AMEN!!
edit on 3-12-2014 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chronogoblin
Why are these automatically on the first page? This is starting to feel like required reading, or the propaganda arm of ATS. It would be nice if it were actually informative, but it's so full of personal opinion, that it turns me off to listen to it. Not everyone agrees with the views presented. These shouldn't automatically be on the first page at the very top like it was a real thread that earned it's way there.

I am not sure what the formula needs to be for a thread to be first page but I am fairly sure the amount of times it was flagged has something to do with it.

Perhaps it did earn its way there or maybe a conspiracy is afoot.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
There's a church in the city I live in that has a chicken fast food restaurant in its lobby. No lie. It's a Chic a sea franchise inside the church. You can go worship and get Sunday dinner to take home when mass is over.
On West Pembroke Ave in Hampton Va. if you want to see a street view on map quest.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I always thought putting a barbecue in the altar and turning the tabernacle into a bar fridge and serving up sausages and beer at communion would get the punters in,this takes that one step further you'd have to rewrite the euology,"" this is my cheeseburger which I have given up for you"

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I am not sure what the formula needs to be for a thread to be first page but I am fairly sure the amount of times it was flagged has something to do with it.

Perhaps it did earn its way there or maybe a conspiracy is afoot.

I think this is a feature presented by ATS like ATS LIVE.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
YEAH.
Have you ever tasted a Eucharist. Not too tasty. Like paper that melts in your mouth and turns to paste. It's a form of Catholic suffering. reply to: khnum

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
As a small town preacher's kid, I find this apalling. There's always a place for food in the church, but it's called "potluck" and it should consist of slow cookers full of passed down family recipes, delicious homemade baked goods, and that bizarre combination of Jell-O, fruit, and whipped cream at least one grandmother always brought. A corporation which makes it's money off of peddaling unwholesome "food" to people in a rushed manner really has no place in God's House. It is a place of friendly gathering and communion... two things which McDonald's provides neither of.

If only there was some sort of programming mechanism that kept the thread from automatically opening unless you physically clicked on the link... Oh, wait...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

This makes me think of the game H.O.L. and the Church and Munch that runs everything. i wonder if they will name a burger the Holy Cow.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
That's Just great...

Now the Elderly which in most States is the Prime of the MC D's Population in the morning ..
can be more at Church more Often .. The Senior Citizen MC Mass Club ..

Well they can do their Walker Club at Church Now.. instead of at the Local Mall..

Just Walk Around inside the Church around the Pews..

The MC Mass Manager Priest/Pastor/Rabbi..

I Guess there Will be a lot of White and Sliver Vehicles Daily at MC Church in the Morning!

edit on 4-12-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join