It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #25: The McMass Project Wants to Open a McDonalds in a Church

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Today on Next Level BS we take a look an IndieGoGo fundraising campaign aimed at opening a McDonalds franchise in a church. Yes, that's right, the McMass Project is trying to raise one million dollars in the hopes that having a McDonalds restaurant in a church will help improve attendance. While that sounds ridiculous, we did find one church who used a similar concept, but in a very different way to actually help the community. And we also take a look at how the big fast-food chain strategy is already in place at many churches, which many think is a significant factor in declining attendance.

Watch in HD on www.TheNLBS.com

Share this video. Tell your friends. Spread the Next Level BS!

Follow Next Level BS on Twitter @theNLBS

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Check us out on DailyMotion

Go to the website: www.theNLBS.com

And get NLBS t-shirts and swag thenlbs.spreadshirt.com

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
i had thought that our representatives doing the "hands up" thing was the dumbest thing I was going to read today.

Thanks NLBS for helping to up the ante.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Part of me is like well to each their own and that ultimately wins out the argument in my head. I don't care much what church's do so long as it doesn't infringe upon me or the government I help elect which is unfortunately rather significant thus the part that eats at me (no pun intended). With the tie in between church and state and the corporate and state... can an intermingling between corporate and church be anything but apocalyptic (pun intended)?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well, feeding the masses is always a good thing....I can kind of understand the logic and reasoning behind it, but....uh....call me old fashioned but it's a new twist. Don't get me started on the corporate interests and ridiculousness of a possible fundraising scam when I'm pretty sure a spiritual franchise owner would jump on the chance to install his own branch as a charitable donation.

If they make self-interested profits off the installation that don't benefit the less fortunate....oh boy, here we go. Sorry, my old fashioned ethics and real world idealism are starting to blur together into a mass of self-righteous preaching. Ignore me. I'll butt out. Sorry. I'll sum it up short and sweet:

I just pray the service and message isn't more spiritual fast food.

That's all I have to say about that.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Yea I am not even going to watch this. Enough.....BS overload. BS Red Alert.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
While i must applaud NLBS for taking this news and looking deeper into it and similar examples, is there really any point in regurgitating information already established in existing threads on ATS? I mean, sure, NLBS may be targeting a wider audience, and sure, many people may not have seen the existing thread regarding McMass. But i think it is a waste of resources and frankly pointless to regurgitate the information, even if further research has been done.

Considering staff had commented on the thread in question, and that it only got minimal amount of attention, i would be feeling pretty peeved if the information gathered in my thread was used as material in a video. Especially considering the fact that there was no attribution given. While i understand the terms and conditions, it still would have been a nice gesture to point out that half of the video's foundational material were discussed in an ATS thread. It also would have promoted ATS in general (for those who find NLBS without experiencing ATS).

Just my opinion of course. I don't mean any harm in it.

Thanks though, for continuing the series.

Daas.
edit on 2-12-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I wonder why my fries looked different. I felt bad putting ketchup on this one...

Anyways, putting McDonalds in churches is unholy and insane. You would be hit with the smell of fast food right as you open the door, gross. Maybe science has proven a link between fast food and religion. I know from my own study, both are bad for my health.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This concept is as shallow as the belief system in organized religion itself, however if idiots wish to feed on crap that kills you quicker then so be it, maybe it works out well. This world does not need more religious people, what it does need is more people waking up to the idea that all religion really does is hamper the progress of us as a species on this planet.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
But i think it is a waste of resources and frankly pointless to regurgitate the information, even if further research has been done.

If you watch the video, you'll see how we both show how to do the core idea the right way, as well as show how the mega-churches are getting it wrong.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: daaskapital
But i think it is a waste of resources and frankly pointless to regurgitate the information, even if further research has been done.

If you watch the video, you'll see how we both show how to do the core idea the right way, as well as show how the mega-churches are getting it wrong.

I did watch the video, and i do applaud NLBS for taking further steps in research and discussing ideas associated with the topic at hand. That said, i also think it would have been worthwhile mentioning the ATS thread in which discussed some of the material, considering you also commented on it.

I don't mean any offence in what i am saying. Perhaps NLBS did provide enough information to make the topic broader. But the foundational aspects of the video pertain to McMass and similar projects which were discussed in the other thread. As such, i think it would have been a good idea to cite it in the video, or at least in the description. That way, NLBS would be recognising the assumed source of some of the material, while also promoting ATS to those who have yet to experience the site.

Thanks!

edit on 2-12-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You all do know that Mcdonalds is a corporation that is a franchiser operation.

Your next door neighbors actually run them. They in turn pay for the 'priviledge' of using the name brand.

www.entrepreneur.com...

1 million dollars seems excessive but they want to sure why not.

Although they put a MCD there they should lose their 'tax exempt' status.

Because it's no longer a 'church'.
edit on 2-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hm, Jesus needs to do his second coming and bring a big bullwhip with him.

The House of God needs a good cleaning.

Otherwise it is like this

P

edit on 2/12/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Yes, that's right, the McMass Project is trying to raise one million dollars in the hopes that having a McDonalds restaurant in a church will help improve attendance.

So far they have a couple hundred dollars. Seems the Church isn't a good place to solicit funds.

Rolling in Ronald Dollars
edit on 2-12-2014 by intrptr because: link

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
How about a Starbucks to keep people awake during the got damn sermon!

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Applause applause applause,well put together and well said,Im liking you more and more,can't wait till the likes of Creflo Dollar yes that's his real name Dollar hook-up with competitors like Burger King and KFC,and Pat Robertson a diamond mine owner in Zambia hook-up with Chick-fila ,someone on the lower end of the Church business may wanna hook-up with Churches Chicken, hay they got Churches as part of it's name so you know it's gotta be holy.
But for real although I am no longer a church goer but unlike you I can't cross the line and say I am an out right atheist,for I am cowardly in the face of the family matriarchs and hedging my bets,but the Church did bring community together through some of the roughest period of our history when all other institutions failed, but I am certain this will only hasten departure people like me from the church especially if they don't have brooding aunts and grand aunts ready to bring you down to size.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Hm, Jesus needs to do his second coming and bring a big bullwhip with him.

The House of God needs a good cleaning.

Otherwise it is like this

P

You know there was actually a snafu made by the decorators of one Japanese dept store in Nagasaki or Saga I think, that mixed-up Santa and the Christ figure they had poor Santa nailed to a cross and they were not being artsy at all but a genuine mistake this was some yrs back. then again Xmas even in Japan is more like valentine's day,you get dressed-up and go on dates. kiss kiss,

edit on 2-12-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
"Welcome to Costco I love you"

Well...we are one step closer anyway.

Does this mean at some point in the future if I have a taste for some Mcnasty fries I will have to lie and say I believe in Christ to get some??? If not then I can't find any reason to complain. Soooo be it.

Change will be constant in life here check out this pic of how the original Ronald Mcdonald looked like.

That brings me to another point. I really hope they don't put any lifesize statues of the clown on benches around the church. Remember that kid that took a pic with the big J and the town douche brought charges against him. It was in one of the episodes.

Hmmm... then again never mind that I think that would make a great episode worth the laughs.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This was my favorite part of prepping for the show.

unmodified

edit on 2-12-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
This was my favorite part of prepping for the show.

unmodified

Kool I likes

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Yea I will have the Fish and Bread 5000 family pack with two Sweet Prophet Rolls and a large New Wine. Toss in a Fish and Jonah value meal with Milk and Honey Rolls.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join