It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precognition - hypothetical case

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Let's pretend there's no skeptics about this for the purpose of a good discussion. The need to ridicule and sarcasm are not needed here. So, let's assume you would believe the following could happen:

Someone would know a disaster would occur (plane crash, earthquake, someone's death and so on), before it happened. Say this would happen to someone many times in their life, since they can remember, and they are always right (they know who it is going to be or how many people are going to die, in which country, etc.. they have the details right), and they can do nothing to try to prevent it (for many possible reasons, the person is someone who they don't know personally, can't get into contact with, and even if they did, that person would not believe them and they could even get blamed for the death later, as they knew it before it happened, etc..). The people in question don't try to profit from this, nor even tell anyone because they feel, somehow and however far fetched it may seem, that it was their fault. Basically, something along the lines of the movie "the eye".

What would you think about the situation itself, the person and how/why it happens? What's behind it?

I know some people will probably say it's ESP, ok, but I would highly value different opinions and interesting ideas. Even if you say ESP, try to comment further than just that. Think out of the box (I know ESP is kind of out of the box already, but you get me).

I think in this case, things like "it's a gift" or "just coincidence" would be left out as possible explanations. The first, because it's clearly not a gift, as the person knows about horrible things that he/she can't do anything to prevent anyway; the second because, like I said, in this case it would be obvious it's no coincidence because of the details.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Emma3
I believe what you say can be true, the human mind is amazing, and there is so much to be realized in how time really works, it is easy to think that if man says, causality is the end all proof against time travel, the one thing for sure, a thought had to have a beginning, so anything that you can think of had to be realized first, and more than likely the source cause is unknown.

If time does not really exist, there is no beginning or end, then if we get the great scientists on ATS on the thread to discuss quantum entanglement and other matters maybe they can give a better explanation, from my laymen understanding, I have to put that together for my own reason to ponder premonitions, dreams and how they relate to so called linear time sequencing.

History has proven that there are people that have an ability to forsee events with great detailes, this has no explanation whatsoever within the bounds of scientific reason, it has to go beyond, which puts it in the class of paranormal or the unexplained.

oh well that's my thoughts...

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emma3
Someone would know a disaster would occur (plane crash, earthquake, someone's death and so on), before it happened. Say this would happen to someone many times in their life ... the person is someone who they don't know personally, can't get into contact with, and even if they did, that person would not believe them and they could even get blamed for the death later ...

There is a big hole in your movie-plot if set in the the internet-era : they could create an anonymous-blog / YouTube Channel where they can post their predictions. If they had form for "always" being correct then they would eventually have a large audience and the predictions would be relayed by audience-members to the relevant persons in danger.

youtube.com/results?search_query=predictions+for+2015
edit on 2-12-2014 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I won't debate this, i believe in it.

But i can relate more with "the knowing" than on "the eye".

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frank12345

There is a big hole in your movie-plot if set in the the internet-era : they could create an anonymous-blog / YouTube Channel where they can post their predictions. If they had form for "always" being correct then they would eventually have a large audience and the predictions would be relayed by audience-members to the relevant persons in danger.

I said "Say (...) they could do nothing to try to prevent it" for a reason. The reasons I stated are just some examples, not the only reasons why the person could not do anything to try to prevent it. So no, this wouldn't be in a time where everyone can have easy access to the internet. And this is no "movie-plot".
edit on 2-12-2014 by Emma3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
No.

You are standing outside on the sidewalk and see an old man crossing the street. You notice a driver coming at the man, talking away on a cell phone. By the information you have received, you conclude that old man will be hit by that car.

Not precognition.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Obviously nothing of that sort would be precognition. That's not what I'm talking about at all.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
There are many reasons that a precog may not share their discoveries of the future. For example not willing to get involved, don't know who exactly to tell, or feeling they may be wrong. I have predicted the deaths of many people, sometimes within minutes of them dying up to two weeks in advance, and I never told any of them what I thought. Most of the time because it was a passing feeling I had with a passing stranger. In other words, I never tried to have the visions and I didn't feel the need to tell a stranger what I saw for fear of sounding crazy.

I would never start a blog to let people know what I see. Some may think that's horrible of me but I don't want to be in the public view nor do I want people seeking me out for my talents.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: remotev1

Exactly. People who genuinely have this don't want to do a show about it and are afraid of sounding crazy if they tell. They don't want to profit from it and they probably feel like it's a private aspect of their lives. Thank you for understanding where I'm coming from

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I get them but they're useless as they are vague.
In this thread I posted a dream about people throwing cholera in a river in Europe.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

On page 3.

In this thread someone posted about polio being released in a river in Europe about a week later.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So there it is. Documented proof of precognition dated and time stamped. For more examples I started a thread

www.abovetopsecret.com... But like I said its vague and usually means nothing until after I can attach it to an event . The dream about cholera I even said I don't get any strong feelings about this but... it was pretty detailed.
edit on 1232014 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I don't feel crazy. I think it's natural but pretty useless all the same. I do however follow my instincts and if I feel I should say drive a different route I will. a reply to: Emma3

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
No.

You are standing outside on the sidewalk and see an old man crossing the street. You notice a driver coming at the man, talking away on a cell phone. By the information you have received, you conclude that old man will be hit by that car.

Not precognition.
no but if I have a dream of people at a boxing match wearing fancy party clothes with Mexican hats and people running and screaming and the next day see a story on AOL news that a drug lord in Mexico entered a house where people were gathered for a party and were watching a boxing match on tv and started shooting up the place that is precognition.
The above is true. It happened in 2009 I think maybe 2010. Not sure.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

What I'm talking about is not quite like that, no offense. It's not just "I have a feeling" type of thing, but a "I know this will happen", a certainty, and knowing the details. And it has to happen for it to be precognition of something, if it doesn't happen, it just proves the contrary.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
To me they are vague and I can't do this at will. It just comes in dreams. A few weeks ago I dreamed of an Aunt I haven't seen in twenty some odd years and in the dream we were getting pedicures. The next day my sister called to tell me my uncle Carl was very ill and that aunt Kathy was not doing well either. She sprained her foot. So I dreamed of a seldom seen aunt and pedicures and that aunt had an issue with her foot. What do I do? Call her and tell her not to get her toe nails polished? LOL. reply to: remotev1

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well I dreamed that some people were throwing a disease into a river. I said it appeared that the river was in Europe and the next week a pharmaceutical company accidentally releases live polio into a river in Europe what do you call that? See that's how these things work. If it's real no one gets times and daters and exact details. It would be nice but that's not how it works. reply to: Emma3

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Have you ever had any type of premonition? If so you know it's not ever an exact telling of how things will be. It's images and feelings and could be anything. a reply to: Emma3

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
@ 02:00 PM link quote reply I don't have any strong feelings about this I thought you guys would find it interesting.
This morning I had a pretty detailed and long dream that three young men released cholera into a water supply. I'm in the US but I had the distinct feeling that this was in a European city. At first the three young men didn't seem to know what to do with the vials they were holding. A man in a uniform told them they needed to break them and throw them into the water. They did that and in just a short time reports started coming in of people coming down with cholera. I was hearing of the reports on a radio but I was an eye witness to these young men breaking green glass vials on a metal railing and tossing the broken vials into what seemed to be a river. I woke up and then went back to sleep and the dream seemed to continue with reports of more people getting sick. I started to feel headachy and dizzy and thought I must have cholera.

That is my dream.

Here is the actual true story
www.abovetopsecret.com... Note that polio starts out headachy and dizzy not cholera which is an intestinal disease. The uniforms represent the pharmaceutical company. Corporate rather than general public. Note that I am in the USA but said I got the feeling this was in Europe and it was in Belgium. I said I think it's a river and it was. I don't know about green but these samples are usually kept in vials at least that's laboratory equipment and this was a lab.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It did happen.
But what happened here. The thread just got abandoned? Are you not interested in a proven incident?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
It did happen.
But what happened here. The thread just got abandoned? Are you not interested in a proven incident?

Calm down! I don't answer back for an hour or two and you ask if the thread was abandoned?! And why wouldn't I be interested in a proven incident when I was the one who started this thread, that is exactly about those kinds of things? When I said I wasn't talking about that I was referring to the thread you linked to, the thread starter is just asking about bad feelings in general and I'm talking about specific stuff. Regarding your "see that's how things work"and that kind of talk, I'll only say that you can't speak for everyone, ok? And I would appreciate if you didn't make this thread about you, the intent is for people to discuss the questions I adressed in the beginning, in a generalized way. I also don't want it to be about me...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I wasn't making the thread about me. When I linked that other thread it was because my tablet gives me a hard time copying text. It wants to reduce or enlarge the screen instead of moving the brackets over the text I want to copy.so I just linked the thread . I said the dream I was talking about was on page three. Then you said that's not what your thread was about so I tried to give you more detail. Sorry. I didn't see a lot of people posting so I added a post or two to fill out the page. I also gave you a flag and some stars. Again I thought that would get your thread more attention. When you didn't reply after an hour I figured you were not Interested.
Anyway I sure didn't mean to make your thread about me. You asked and I gave some examples.
I've read a lot about precogniition and premonition and mostly the one's that come true are like I said. Vague. Not precise and intricately detailed. There are a few good books in my cities library and when I read the stories in them they seemed similar in that respect that's why I said that. I'm no expert and I don't even consider myself psychic. Maybe there are people who get precise details but I'm not one of those.

<<   2  3 >>

join