It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police consider charges against Michael Brown's stepdad

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
They have no shot at a case.

The best they could get would be a long trial that ended in a "passion" verdict.

Sad how many people are drooling over seeing someone get arrested over their first amendment rights, though.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

yet the step father almost single handily started the burning of Ferguson.
Wow, thats quite a statement!

So I guess Missouri had the National Guard, FBI, state police, etc, on hand because they KNEW the step dad was going to incite riots...

Sorry, but this really is some next level b.s.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

a reply to: theNLBS

yet the step father almost single handily started the burning of Ferguson.

Or,

He was "briefed" ahead of time that agents would be starting riots.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Orrrr, stop being paranoid about the government. Fear creates fear. The government fears us so much because they know we fear them, even if for no reason.

When fear gets out of control, it's time to control the fear.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lynk3

Orrrr, stop being paranoid about the government. Fear creates fear. The government fears us so much because they know we fear them, even if for no reason.

Maybe that explains why the authorities let all those fires start.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If he is not charged, our system of law and order has been turned on its head.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Fuel, I'd like to introduce you to Fire. Fire, this is Fuel...

Insult, why don't you sit over here next to Injury...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Lynk3

Maybe that explains why the authorities let all those fires start.

Two words: Insurance money.

I caught a piece of the puzzle through a quick conversation with a local Fed earlier today. 30+ buildings burned down, all in a low income area, and to go out on a branch here, presumably operating at a loss.

Business owners collect the insurance money, move out of Dodge. One of the oldest tricks in the book.

Bailout via riot.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: haven123
Can people not see they are dividing us so we hate each other not there corrupt system?

Right, because a citizen inciting violence points to a corrupt system. /Facepalm.

His step-son was a criminal, the officer who shot him in self defense isn't being charged. Yet this tool of a step-father wants to burn Ferguson down. Sounds legit.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Were the police to file charges against the stepfather could possibly reignite more riots they don't want to handle.It won't happen.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Pressing charges on the step-father is a horrendous idea, especially given that Wilson was not indicted. It would add insult to injury.

Regarding whether he was inciting a riot or not, there were already riots in motion a few miles away from where he was at the time that he made the comments. There is no way his comments would have reached crowds miles away, and to hold him solely responsible is to turn him into a scapegoat. The man was clearly distressed and is an important figure wrapped up in the Mike Brown fiasco. If he's arrested and charged we can expect more protests and more violence.

The riots did not happen because some guy who lost a step-son lost his proverbial s*** when he saw his wife break down in tears upon realizing that the corrupt, patriarchal, white system had failed them. The riots happened as due to the corruption, injustice, and inequality that has plagued minorities in America for decades, if not centuries, finally boiling over. This is bigger than Micheal Brown; Micheal Brown is just the poster child, the spark, of a new era of civil rights demonstrations. This time around it's not so much the citizenry who is mistreating minority groups, this is not a war on public opinion as public opinion tends to favor equality for people of color. This is a war on the institutions who have no gotten with the time; the pigs who have a bone to pick with colored kids, the "justice" system that rules with biased predispositions towards its own rather than serving its community. To pin the riots on one guy who was filmed screaming "burn this bitch down" is to dismiss the bigger problems that are haunting our society. You can only kick a dog so many times before it bites you back.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical When I saw Michale's step dad on the roof of that car screaming to burn this place down. Incite a riot was my first thought. But now I want to add this thought as well. How about adding Rev. Al, Louis Farrakhan. or any other person to that list. Anyone that contributes to rioting my telling people to commit these acts should be brought to justice in accordance with the law. IMO

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

He says he's sorry, so everything should be ok:

Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson has said authorities are trying to determine if Head's rant was an effort to incite a riot. St. Louis County Police spokesman Shawn McGuire told USA TODAY that an investigation of Head's statements was underway. He said the information will be sent to the prosecuting attorney's office, where a decision will be made whether or not to charge Head and with what crimes.

"I was so angry and full of raw emotions, as so many others were, and granted, I screamed out words that I shouldn't have screamed in the heat of the moment," Head said in his statement to CNN. "It was wrong and I humbly apologize to all of those who read my pain and anger as a true desire for what I want for our community.

"But to place blame solely on me for the conditions of our community, and country, after the grand jury decision goes way too far and is as wrong as the decision itself. To declare a state of emergency and send a message of war, and not peace, before a grand jury decision was announced is also wrong.

"In the end, I've lived in this community for a long time. The last thing I truly wanted was to see it go up in flames. In spite of my frustration, it really hurt to see that."

I am liking the Lt. Goverbor more and more:

Missouri Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder has repeatedly called for Head's arrest and of people seen on video looting and destroying local businesses. McGuire said authorities are investigating all the crimes that occurred during the events in Ferguson. The investigation includes multiple arsons, robberies, destruction of properties, and larcenies, he said.

I hope he alao follows up on wh leaned on the govenor to have the NG stand down.

Michael Brown's stepfather apologizes for violent rant

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It's a shame that the step-dad and mother didn't pay this much attention to Michael Brown while he was alive. He was raised by his grandmother. And the "step-dad" wasn't a dad at all. He's actually the mother's boyfriend who didn't bother at all with Michael Brown.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

How about adding the police, such as when they allegedly had a police dog piss all over the memorial or when they drove over the memorial?
Report: Police Drove Over Michael Brown Memorial, Let Dog Piss on It
It probably burned due to them using candles, but those two incidents? Those were all the cops. Police dogs don't just go piss wherever they please. Like the OP said, it wasn't just one side that incited things.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The father's response is such a crock with his "heat of the moment" response. The parents knew well beforehand the grand jury's decision. His was a planned remark which he knew what kind of response his words would get. If he was really sorry he'd grab a shovel and start to cleanup the mess he created.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Though I think the step father was way out of line I think we all need to have some humility. Charging this guy for being pissed would just add fuel to the fire. I doubt his rant had an effect on many people and most likely the same goons that robbed, looted, and set the town on fire would have done it regardless.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
So because we have the possibility of further riots and lawlessness, we should not prosecute behavior which promotes lawlessness?

Got it.

Oh his step-son (who didn't live with him), was killed while engaging in lawless behavior, and he's all choked up over it, so it's ok for him to lead a chant of burn this bitch down?

Got it.

Wrong is wrong, no matter who ia perpetuating it, I have condemned the police actions where warranted in the Ferguson debacle, and there is enough blame to place in the scales against them.

Giving this guy a pass is wrong.
edit on 3-12-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I don`t think they are going to charge him (although they should) I think they are going to use the threat of charges to blackmail him.

we won`t charge you if you shut up and drop this whole thing, no more press interviews,no more public appearances nothing, it`s over,drop it and walk away and we won`t throw your ass in jail for inciting a riot.

cut off the head of the snake and the body will die.
edit on 3-12-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Seems like they are trying to keep the protests (and rioting) going.

Trying to blame this ordeal on one man's words is sad, and ridiculous.

I never realized so many people on ATS were anti-first-amendment.

"But, but... he started a riot with his words."

NO...

HE...

DID...

NOT!!!

How dumb does one have to be to suggest something so anti-Freedom.

The USA gave up all of it's freedom immediately after those towers hit the ground.

We have already lost the war on terror...

They scared us out of our freedom AND our COMMON SENSE!!!

You need some torches to go with those pitchforks?

DISGUSTING!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join