It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An idea that may be worthy of skunkworks, or maybe even a little too much?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I started a thread a little while ago asking if Ats was changing, I was seeing less conspiracy, skunkworks and grey area threads and far more political and MSM topics discussed and wondered what the reason was.

After a good back and forth I realised that I was posting in the political threads, those about general life but not these ones. A few members suggested I should do something about it as opposed to complaining about it so here we go.

Skunkworks theory, no scientific basis, no research, pure thought and speculation. I came up with this a few years ago but have never shared the concept with anyone other than close friends due to the ridicule that would undoubtedly ensue but in this thread I embrace it.

Tinfoil hats and padded rooms at the ready?

If we imagine a world where there are an infinate amount of realitys where every possible outcome is possible then there should be an infinate amount of realities where reincarnation is real. If we imagine that reincarnation in non liniar and in that I mean to convey that if you die in the year 2014 you could reincarnate in any time after or before that then some interesting possibilitys become available.

If this has been discussed before then I appologise as I have no way of knowing how to figure a way of searching for such an eventuality, I will try to give you of an example of how this could work.(Stay with it, grab a beer or maybe take a deep breath.)

Imagine you are travelling alone along a long and dusty road, middle of nowhere, middle of the night and you run out of fuel.

So you are now stuck in the middle of who knows where,conditions are bad and the likelyhood of rescue is slim to none, what do you do?

Imagine for a moment if you will that simply remembering that this happened and then living the rest of your life until the day that you die would do it?

As something that has been reincarnated many times you would retain all the understanding of other incarnations. What if that higher self decided to act upon this information? What if it then decided to be born 25 years previously with the aim of living,loving and experiencing but with a pre programmed moment built in?

What I am implying is that you could reincarnate in such a way that the new incarnation had a pre programming to drive down the same road at the same time for some abstract reason with spare fuel in the boot. You would both comment on how crazy the chances where and then both go along every now shaking your heads at how fate did what it did?

This woud not only explain those crazy "what are the chances" moments but also the quite common sensation that you have met someone before? maybe that new person you feel an affinity to, that you have known all you life is actually you in a new incarnation?

And if anyones still reading by this point a quick note to the debunkers.

It would be simple to debunk this nonsense by simply thinking "Hey I think it would be good to reincarnate 50 years ago, amass a fortune and then knock on my door in 30 seconds time and give me 10 million."

It would certainly prove it wrong unless i said what if you imagined that the higher self that has lived countless lives was bigger than you or I and had the intelligence to determine the difference between want and need.

Well thats my skunkworks crazy thought.

PS. Imagine that very soon you will need this information in order to overcome a situation and I am the reincarnation of you that came back to live my life love my family and make this post to let you know that you can do this.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It's 6:30 am, only half way through my coffee, I think I just damaged by mind reading that.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's nearly 9pm here, coffee is gone.

I am sat here with a rather bad bottle of red and the wife is out for the evening.

Thank you for responding, Did it make you double take or did you just hate the skunkworks nonsense?

a reply to: myselfaswell

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I don't really mind the skunkworks stuff, I take it for what it is. Sometimes the ideas are well out there and sometimes not so. I'll re-read this when I'm a bit more awake.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Simply starred and awaiting.

a reply to: myselfaswell

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Sure, why not? It's a fun idea to think that maybe even Every other person is just another incarnation of "you". (im assuming youve seen or read a version of The Egg by Andy Wier sp but if not you should) And you are just one being living billions of lifetimes, learning and accumulating information. Now you see why the temporary amnesia is necessary. We need to be able to interact with these different aspects of ourselves as if they were seperate from ourselves. If we knew the truth, I mean really knew it and could feel it, would we be more like an ant colony? Who cares if you send out parts of yourself to die in order to accomplish something? You have billions of units available. More being born every day.

A little off topic, but I've always wondered what life would be like if we realized our own individual life is not so precious and it would be better to die with honor at age 12, assuming you had some reason to sacrifice or risk your life over, rather than live carefully till a ripe old age. If you knew you had zillions of more lifetimes to live, you would probably make different choices and would not fear death or injury or siffering as much as you do.
edit on 12/2/2014 by 3n19m470 because: clarified in second sentence

edit on 12/2/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

our free will is determined on percentages of outcome based on actions. There was a certain percent that was in favor of me responding to this post and a certain percent that i would not. That is free will. Now the thought of infinite realities is not out of the scope of haw the system is put together but it is wastful and unnecessary for what is happening here if one simply adjust the percentages of free will then the number of alternate realities then becomes very limited by necessity.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Well, I'm not saying it isn't an original idea, but it does sound a little like the strong anthropic principle (albeit on steroids with only one "root" observer).

I cannot overly undermine the proposition other than to say that there would have to be many people with the same capacity, otherwise I'd have to be having sex with myself at some point and that is not an overly comforting thought. But then again, you may well be me or I may just be myself as well.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

A little off topic, but I've always wondered what life would be like if we realized our own individual life is not so precious and it would be better to die with honor at age 12, assuming you had some reason to sacrifice or risk your life over, rather than live carefully till a ripe old age. If you knew you had zillions of more lifetimes to live, you would probably make different choices and would not fear death or injury or siffering as much as you do.

That is interesting. Let's add to that the thought in your scenerio that not only could some unknown factors could be pointing our soul to the fact that we are trapped here and death could be a better option than continual suffering after the amount of suffering for this life is reached but that sucide to get out would just negate anything earned in this life. What would that world look like compared to ours? Then what would be the true nature of spiritualist and religions calling for peace to mankind?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If infinite reincarnation is possible then what would even be the purpose of intervening to change one of your past lives?

If you had 100 past lives would you try to intervene and change all of them in some way or would you just change a few of them, and how would you decide which ones to change? or maybe you would just be busy living your present incarnation to even bother trying to change one of your other incarnations?

In the grand scheme of infinity the number of years that you are here in one incarnation is so tiny that it will be soon forgotten after the 10, 000 incarnation.

what would be the purpose of trying to change a past life if you have infinite chances to live again and hopefully not make the same mistakes?
It wouldn`t be like making a movie where they reshoot a scene over and over until they get it just right you`ll have a chance to get it right in your next reincarnation or the next or the next or....
If you get an infinite number of do overs it isn`t important to get everything right the first time or the second time or anytime.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Hi nonspecific!

SnF...
edit on 2-12-2014 by PhoenixFreeman because: Hahaha

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The thing I always say about multiple universes (I won't go so far as to say an "infinite" number, since infinity goes "in" as well as "out.) is... if there are so many other versions of myself running around out there, then how come I only have one point of view that never really changes? I only perceive one universe. The one I'm looking at right now. If all these alternate versions of myself are as real as me, then why aren't I seeing through their eyes?

I suggest that there is only one real universe, and that's the one I'm currently perceiving from my perspective. There's only one universe, because there's only one that matters to me -- this one.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Its odd that I would come across this thread because I've had a similar thought, except instead of reincarnation, my idea has to do with time travel and sending myself a subtle message, (into the past ) so I would know its possible, reading this post reminded me of that thought , and oddly enough today is my bday, so for now ill go with coincidence

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I believe there are infinate universes and incarnations of each and every one of us. I also believe that within every atom there are infinate universes. CERN is stubling onto this ancient vedic truth finding micro black holes in every atom/electron. So the universe is truly infinate in my opinion and we contain everything literaly. Which may be why the kingdom of heaven is within. And yes I do believe you are one with everyone else so everyone is an incarnation of you and vice versa. Just to see with our brains we have to decode everything and project that information into our minds eye, and we only see like less than 1% of realiy. So everything you are seeing is recreated by your mind just to see it. For example when we dream we create everything, as a matter of fact we do the same while awake just to see the world around us. Double slit expiriment shows us everything is everything truth is stranger than fiction, and deny ignorance which seeks the illusion over the truth.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Cool concept, I could see how it may work if an incarnation was more of a piece of your entire soul. I still don't quite understand how you could be living multiple lives at once, all with the same single "spirit" or whatever you want to call it. With the multiverse theory it makes sense, but wouldn't all those different versions of yourself be separate entities?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Cool concept, I could see how it may work if an incarnation was more of a piece of your entire soul. I still don't quite understand how you could be living multiple lives at once, all with the same single "spirit" or whatever you want to call it. With the multiverse theory it makes sense, but wouldn't all those different versions of yourself be separate entities?

No they would all be you, just as we all see ourselves as different but the truth is we are all one. I believe there are different levels of seperation which further viel this world illusion. However in truth all is one.

Or when you dream you are the earth sky friend and enemy you are all of it, yet you still consider youseld to be identified as one person so in the same way in other universes we are there but believe ourselves to be here due to illusion.
edit on 3-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
That is the general idea yes, if you imagine that the greater self lives outside of time then coming back simultainiously would not be a problem, especially as I am ignoring science entirely in this concept.

a reply to: FamCore

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
You do know that talking to yourself is a sign of madness don't you?

a reply to: PhoenixFreeman

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I think this particular concept of timeless reincarnation is known as the "god-mind" theory. That all consciousness is one, but purposely fractured into discrete limited subsets in order to fully explore the essence of being. Thus something totally omniscient got entirely bored with itself, and decided that wiping its memory and role-playing out innumerable conscious entities would be something fun to do.

I'm not particularly religious or spiritual, but I also find it a fun idea to ponder at times. But if there's anything to it, and we're all one, then why make things difficult half the time? Is it really that entertaining to up the difficulty in this "game"?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I've had many thoughts of remembering that none of this is real and when I logg off I laugh hysterically at myself. Just as soon as I log off I'm ready to log on again even if the experience at the time seemed bad. Than again I've lived and read so much crap it's hard to tell what's what these days.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join