It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Stars May Be Made of Strange Matter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So they detected these "new' sub atomic particles and called them strange - I fail to see the relationship to stars.

My theory that stars are made of quadrillions of tiny yellow teddy bears makes about as much sense as this does.

This sounds to me like the phoney Dark Matter they made up to try to explain/compensate for things the "standard model" doesn't account for. It's all a bunch of made up baloney.

They don't Know anything except they now have these particles they have never seen before.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
So they detected these "new' sub atomic particles and called them strange - I fail to see the relationship to stars.

My theory that stars are made of quadrillions of tiny yellow teddy bears makes about as much sense as this does.

This sounds to me like the phoney Dark Matter they made up to try to explain/compensate for things the "standard model" doesn't account for. It's all a bunch of made up baloney.

They don't Know anything except they now have these particles they have never seen before.

yeah you do appear to fail to see it. it has to do with astrophysics certain processes in extreme physics found in collapsing matter such as in post nova stars lead to a chain of events where the likely out come is one type of star or another for example white dwarfs under a certain mass do no degenerate to neutronium but a type of electron mass thing. a little more mass and the degenerate matter is neutronium. likewise the available energy enables some reactions and decay chains and disables others. that is why scientists believe in quark stars and magnestars and even strange matter stars. the physics and math involved suggest it.

on another note here is another weird matter thing in the news:

phys.org...

glueballs. ok i know what a gluon is. but i wish physicists would make up thier minds. is the strong force charge carrier a muon or it really the gluon. muons as a force carrier suck. that's all i can say about it. but that is what is currently the model. now we are edging back to gluons?

i am not saying there aren't gluons. i know there are. the gluon quark plasma has been confirmed at recent particle accelerator experiments. I am saying what i have read lately was that the mediating particle for the strong nuclear force is a type of muon. and muons in that role suck. really really suck.
edit on 5-12-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join