It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kingdom of God, the Word & the Tree of Life -- Kabbalah

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dominicus

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
a reply to: dominicus

Depends what you mean. I have learned a few things, and it has given me a few epiphanies if that's what you mean. But enlightenment as in something life changing awe striking "I se the light!" -- no.

Do you want enlightenment? Because that's a goal in Kabbalah? I have yet to meet any Kabbalahists that are in it

possibly because no one has fully figured it out yet. there are theories, yes, but that doesnt mean anyone has actually gotten 100/100 so to speak.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Yes, I know. Music is language. Love, which is a force like intention is, is not a language.

Yes, and life as we know it is technology the protocol for interaction is language and the engine involved in converting or transforming language into action is what I refer to as magic. Magic is everything but supernatural. When understood it is like writing computer code. It is the main engine of life and consciousness as we know it.

Language is a vehicle of force, for lack of better term. It's the force that is the potent, not the word, or the language. Those things are tools.

Indeed, and by triggering things like fear, contempt or desire in people you can basically make people do anything you want or make anything happen, by a simple nod or things like a sound or a word, like the whisper of the west wind....

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: Murgatroid

At first sight, indeed, sorry.
It was related to Murgatroid original reply.
I failed to indicate.

The problem is that while you look at the books, I look at the world ...

No problem mate. I may have been a bit rude in my response I see, the Israel conflict, well, it's delicate, and generally it winds me up, it's emotional. So please. Politics go elsewhere, if I may.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Magic is everything but supernatural. When understood it is like writing computer code. It is the main engine of life and consciousness as we know it.

See, now that sounds Crowlian, to me. And, you are right, that is "magic".

Personally, I see true magic, which is what the magician truly wants to master, as ONLY what is supernatural, although I don't believe that it IS actually supernatural at all, just not understood.

Something CAN be made from nothing, (intent, love, passion, etc.) and that is the origin of all magic!

Carry one!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Depends what you mean. I have learned a few things, and it has given me a few epiphanies if that's what you mean. But enlightenment as in something life changing awe striking "I se the light!" -- no.

Do you want enlightenment? Because that's a goal in Kabbalah? I have yet to meet any Kabbalahists that are in it

I wouldn't know what you were talking about to be honest. We live in an enlightened world. The wisdom of the ages if anything is a means to find courage in times of hardship and find solutions where there are none. If anything, Kabbalah taught me that nothing is truly impossible, the impossible just takes more time and/or effort to understand. If Life gives you a lemon, make lemon juice.
edit on 3-12-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: life...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Don't get wrong, what I find the most fascinating and frightening about Kabbalah is that it works.
But it's not the only thing that works in that realm. The difference is that the Kabbalah teachings has been keep intact over the course the time while some others, who rely on oral transmission may have been distorted or lost.

The real question each one should ask himself, even before starting the study process, is : what is the real purpose of my quest ?
Mastering the butterfly effect can bring some advantages. The problem for me is the finality of the Kabbalah usage for those who practice it.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

Don't get wrong, what I find the most fascinating and frightening about Kabbalah is that it works.

Well, I guess it's because it covers just about any aspect of Life. Wisdom can be earned through humble observation, it doesn't have to hurt. Ever heard a blind man talk about seeing? That's bound to be an eyeopener for ya, I promise. You'd possibly end up feeling gifted and lucky afterwards. Too bad it doesn't work the other way around though. Hearing a seeing man talk about the prospect of becoming blind would most likely end in a treatise of utter darkness, to the unison sigh of the mute. Limitation breeds progress. Kabbalah is a tool to make sense of the world, through identifying its boundries. Not strange then that the Hasidim have such odd-looking hats...
edit on 3-12-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: ...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Im talking about absolute freedom. real enlightenment

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I'd tell you to eat your vitamins and step away from the sun's rays. Freedom can only exist as opposed to what it is not. Freedom is what you make of it. As far as I'm concerned God is the Light and enlightenment in this sense would mean to stand in God's presence, now this I've done, and naturally I managed to peace him off quite effectively, leaving me with the feeling of being the biggest fool in existence. So I tend to always question any desire. IMO desire would never make a truly good force or incentive behind anything really. I feel content, though certain things could have been more favourable in life, but I try not to wish for too much, I've learnt some hard earned lessons in life. The years make you more mundane. I guess it's part of what the whole wisdom mystery is all about really. We don't need too many dices and Rubicons in our lives, now do we?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If any of you desire to discover the amazing, miraculous (yes, MIRACULOUS) mathematical information about the nature of reality that is embodied in the Kabbalistic Tree of Life, how it encodes the E8xE8 group mathematics of heterotic superstring theory and the space-time structure of superstrings, how it is isomorphic to the sacred geometries of other religions, how it has an inner, hitherto unknown planar form, how a certain polyhedron and polychoron are, respectively, its 3-dimensional and 4-dimensional counterparts, how it encodes the 64 codons of RNA and the mathematics of the seven diatonic musical scales, then study the pioneering research at:
smphillips.8m.com...

You will encounter not obscure, medieval doctrines but rigorous mathematical proof that certain sacred geometries like the Tree of Life are equivalent to one another and express the universal, mathematical framework that some physicists are seeking in M-theory.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

Sounds promising. Care to elaborate?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Anything about the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I'd tell you to eat your vitamins and step away from the sun's rays. Freedom can only exist as opposed to what it is not. Freedom is what you make of it. As far as I'm concerned God is the Light and enlightenment in this sense would mean to stand in God's presence, now this I've done, and naturally I managed to peace him off quite effectively, leaving me with the feeling of being the biggest fool in existence. So I tend to always question any desire. IMO desire would never make a truly good force or incentive behind anything really. I feel content, though certain things could have been more favourable in life, but I try not to wish for too much, I've learnt some hard earned lessons in life. The years make you more mundane. I guess it's part of what the whole wisdom mystery is all about really. We don't need too many dices and Rubicons in our lives, now do we?

there is an actual freedom,and many esoteric teachings provide the blueprints, but I just fail to see any Enlightened Beings coming out of Kabbalah. God's presence is everywhere, and within you. Non of us are truly from here and this realm is illusions and ensnares souls into it.....i wouldn't invest too much energy into what the world has to offer and all of its limited systems of thought except for those that show blueprints to Enlightenment

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

dominicus: there is an actual freedom,and many esoteric teachings provide the blueprints, but I just fail to see any Enlightened Beings coming out of Kabbalah. God's presence is everywhere, and within you. Non of us are truly from here and this realm is illusions and ensnares souls into it.....i wouldn't invest too much energy into what the world has to offer and all of its limited systems of thought except for those that show blueprints to Enlightenment

It is just another method of seeking enlightenment is all (all/any are allowed) as every one of them is suited to the particular seeker. This method has the potential to be a 20 year quest (if you have the time). None of us are from here; as you say, but there are clues left and resonance with a particular ancient practice will reveal itself (if you are looking) that will define your origins. The world offers the opportunity to be an animated form of Heavy Matter meat sacks, this environment exists no where else (and is just a game, not real). As to reaching the state of enlightenment; I suppose any 'ah ha' moment of true wonderment/confusion could define the more correct path. You say true enlightenment cannot come out of this study because you have never met that soul that could express its experience adequately enough? I suppose I am disappointed at how this subject and the OP have been so easily dismissed as this subject is so esoteric (not the like the EASY jesus torture device symbol people wear around their necks). Is there merit to any method that is utilized? probably; if one found its bases/tenant FALSE; then cast that dogma aside and look elsewhere. The Essenes were Qabalists, as were the Freemasons and Rosicrucians (maybe they wasted their time).
edit on 3-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

The world offers the opportunity to be an animated form of Heavy Matter meat sacks, this environment exists no where else (and is just a game, not real).

Its a broken realm of suffering. When I remember pre-existing and being shown that I would be born in meat prison on imprisoned ball of clay where everyone is against each other, murder, war, rape, hunger, death, disease ...I literally wanted to puke from a stomach I didn't even yet have. Even psychology speaks of a Universal existential angst the lays within each person.....I say it comes from there. (By the way, a topic of a next post, I've met and talked to people who say they remember being forced to incarnate here, against their will)

Is there merit to any method that is utilized? probably; if one found its bases/tenant FALSE; then cast that dogma aside and look elsewhere. The Essenes were Qabalists, as were the Freemasons and Rosicrucians (maybe they wasted their time).

There are methodologies that lead to success...finding the source of thought, the source of Love, seeing the seer, watching the watcher, negation, grace, initiation/transmission, studying under a master, mantra, unknowing all things....the list goes on and on but the best bet is to:

1. Find who has the highest success rate
2. Talk to some people who have had success, and they are out there
3. Put in the time to practice.

This method has the potential to be a 20 year quest (if you have the time).

Tomorrow isn't even promised......some people have a year or less left here, and don't even know it. Time flies so even if you have 20 left, its gone in 2 blinks and next thing you know, you've wasted all your time studying some philosophy, yet yourself are no different, or maybe a little different, from the day you started. Odds don't look good

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

VHB:
The world offers the opportunity to be an animated form of Heavy Matter meat sacks, this environment exists no where else (and is just a game, not real).

dominicus: Its a broken realm of suffering. When I remember pre-existing and being shown that I would be born in meat prison on imprisoned ball of clay where everyone is against each other, murder, war, rape, hunger, death, disease ...I literally wanted to puke from a stomach I didn't even yet have.

Not understanding the 'broken part' as YOU agreed to the 'terms and conditions' of your incarnation as per your contract; (suffering as you say to experience another sort Dantes Inferno/or you meet/oblige the terms of your incarnation. Playing the finger pointing blame game is beneath you.

dominicus: Even psychology speaks of a Universal existential angst the lays within each person.....I say it comes from there. (By the way, a topic of a next post, I've met and talked to people who say they remember being forced to incarnate here, against their will).

Concieving the idea form 'psychology' as relates to what; the human understanding of being in a 'what when where' social setting; or the universal, no place anywhere at any time (where is the angst component) CONFUSION? for the human. Who was ever forced to incarnate HERE? It WAS A CHOICE to progress the individual soul. IT WAS A GIFT.

VHB: Is there merit to any method that is utilized? probably; if one found its bases/tenant FALSE; then cast that dogma aside and look elsewhere. The Essenes were Qabalists, as were the Freemasons and Rosicrucians (maybe they wasted their time).

dominicus: There are methodologies that lead to success...finding the source of thought, the source of Love, seeing the seer, watching the watcher, negation, grace, initiation/transmission, studying under a master, mantra, unknowing all things....the list goes on and on but the best bet is to:
1. Find who has the highest success rate
2. Talk to some people who have had success, and they are out there
3. Put in the time to practice.

Not hearing any statistics proclaimed or given as to success rate. Your questions are where is the source, where is the teacher, you see yourself as the watcher, negotiating a truce (between WHO?) YOURSELF (as a higher being with infinite wisdom). Put in time to practice what exactly? that is just not feasible unless you paid your higher self off.

VHB:This method has the potential to be a 20 year quest (if you have the time).

dominicus: Tomorrow isn't even promised......some people have a year or less left here, and don't even know it. Time flies so even if you have 20 left, its gone in 2 blinks and next thing you know, you've wasted all your time studying some philosophy, yet yourself are no different, or maybe a little different, from the day you started. Odds don't look good

Who cares if tomorrow as an ideaform (unless hope for a better future is in that equation pushed a positive) never happens. Past rememberance as the sticky glue rules, STUCK remorse past regret. Why think ODDS? what are you measuring exactly in your fatalism; proof of the AUO having an Achilles heel? (you realize you are at this point in revolt).

edit on 3-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: prevenge
Nice post.
You forgot the sephiroth of Da'at, tho.

No not the hidden 11th (not to be proclaimed) that affects the other 10. NOT that one.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Beautifully written, and inspiring.

Ive always loved the Kabballah and have studied it years ago and consider it a part of my Integral Spirituality, along with Sufism, Gnosticism, Hermitism, Taoism, Buddhism, Vedanta, all sublime paths that are to me parts of the elephant in the dark

Esoterically, I think of the Kabbalah as the Holy Spirit. Of course there are levels and densities or grids within its eternal structure. It is an integral aspect of the soul

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by a reply to Utnapisjtim
Apart from the books already mentioned, I can highly recommend an author called Daniel C Matt, and two of his books, 'Zohar - Annotated & Explained' and 'The Essential Kabbalah'

Thanks for those book recommendations. 2 days ago I was wondering which books on the “Tree of Life” and “kabbala”, would be the best to read. Those 2 books you mentioned above, come highly recommended, from a few sources I found online…If you have any other suggestions, that would be great…

My own very recent (pdf) collection includes…

“The Zohar” by Rav Michael Laitman, PhD,

“The Book of Creation – Revised Edition” by Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan

“Jewish Gnosticism, Merkabah Mysticism and Talmudic Tradition” by Gershom G. Scholem PhD

“A Depth of Beginning - Notes on Kabbalah” by Colin Low

I haven’t read any of them yet…but judging by the contents pages, and the knowledge of the authors, they look pretty good.

I managed to find this pod cast/stream of Daniel C Matt, discussing his translation of the Zohar…which can be found here…if anyone wants to listen…

On side note – And I know this is a little off topic, but what does your avatar mean or symbolize…just curious…

- JC

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

It's like the lot of fortune, confusion, like getting pregnant. Everything changes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join